Miller at the Twenty8Twelve show, 22 September 2009
|Born||Sienna Rose Diana Miller
28 December 1981
New York, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, fashion designer, model|
|Partner(s)||Jude Law (2003–2006, 2009–2011)
Tom Sturridge (2011–present)
Sienna Rose Diana Miller (born 28 December 1981) is an English actress, model and fashion designer. She has played roles in Layer Cake, Alfie, Factory Girl, The Edge of Love, and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. In 2006, she designed a fashion capsule for Pepe Jeans. Miller has been nominated for two BAFTAs and a Golden Globe.
Born in New York City, United States, Miller moved to London with her family when she was just over a year old. Her mother, Josephine, is a former South African-born English model. Her father, Edwin Miller, is an American banker turned Chinese art dealer. Miller has a sister, Savannah, and two half-brothers, Charles and Stephen. Miller attended Heathfield School, Ascot, a boarding school in Ascot, Berkshire, and later studied for a year at the Lee Strasberg Institute in New York City. She carries a British passport, and acquired her first driving licence in the U.S. Virgin Islands, as it was easier to qualify there, thus allowing her to drive in both the USA and UK.
In 2001, she made her film début with South Kensington, with Rupert Everett and Elle Macpherson and later had a recurring role in the television drama series Keen Eddie. In 2004 Miller had a supporting role in the remake Alfie with Jude Law and in Layer Cake. In 2005, Miller played the female lead opposite Heath Ledger in the period comedy drama, Casanova, followed by the role of 1960s socialite and Andy Warhol's muse Edie Sedgwick in Factory Girl, which opened 29 December 2006. In 2007, Miller had a small role in Matthew Vaughn's adaptation Stardust and played a starlet to Steve Buscemi's reporter in Interview, another remake. Later in 2007, she portrayed an undead bride opposite James Franco in Camille.
In 2008 Miller appeared in the film version of writer Michael Chabon's novel, The Mysteries of Pittsburgh and filmed The Edge of Love, with friend Keira Knightley, a biopic of Dylan Thomas in which she plays his wife Caitlin. She appeared in the 2009 live-action film adaptation of the comic book and cartoon G.I. Joe, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, playing The Baroness. She appeared in the film Hippie Hippie Shake, a Working Title production which starred Cillian Murphy and played the title role in Patrick Marber's After Miss Julie on Broadway. She starred as Patricia in the London production of Flare Path at the Theatre Royal Haymarket in 2011. Then in 2012, she starred in The Girl, an HBO film about the relationship between director Alfred Hitchcock and actress Tippi Hedren.
In 2014, Miller appeared in Bennett Miller's Foxcatcher and Clint Eastwood's American Sniper. Her 2015 releases will include High-Rise and the Untitled John Wells project. In mid-2015, Miller will begin filming Ben Affleck's 1930s gangster drama Live by Night.
Prior to her professional acting career, Miller worked as a photographic model. She signed with Tandy Anderson of Select Model Management London, and modelled for Coca-Cola, Italian Vogue, and posed topless in the 2003 Pirelli Calendar. Miller has also been closely associated with the style of fashion that became known as boho chic, much of which fashion followers noted was strikingly similar to the style of model Kate Moss. Miller signed a two-year contract with Pepe Jeans London; the jeans ad campaign first appeared in magazines March 2006. In February 2009, Hugo Boss Fragrances announced that Miller would be the new ambassador for their women's BOSS Orange women's perfume.
In 2006 it was announced that Miller would design a fashion capsule for Pepe Jeans; the project was later expanded to become a complete fashion label. Called Twenty8Twelve, it gets its name from Miller's date of birth and is financially backed by Pepe Jeans. The collection, which Miller designed with her sister Savannah, a professional fashion designer, was launched in September 2007.
Miller is the Global Ambassador for International Medical Corps. She travelled with them to the Democratic Republic of the Congo in April 2009, and kept a blog about her experiences. She also visited Haiti with the group after the 2010 Haiti earthquake. Miller also worked alongside Global Cool during their 2007 eco friendly campaign.
Miller's relationship with Alfie co-star Jude Law was scrutinised by the tabloid press. On Christmas Day 2004, they became engaged. On 8 July 2005, Law issued a public apology to Miller for having an affair with the nanny of his children. It was also reported at the time that Miller had been having an affair with Daniel Craig. After attempting to salvage their relationship, Miller and Law separated in November 2006.
In December 2009, it was reported that Law and Miller had rekindled their relationship after starring in separate shows on Broadway in late 2009. They spent Christmas 2009 in Barbados, along with three of Law's children. They announced they had split again in February 2011.
Her stepmother, Kelly Hoppen, is a well known interior designer and entrepreneur.
Phone hacking scandal
Following a High Court hearing in May 2011, Sienna Miller is set to accept £100,000 in damages from News of the World after the newspaper admitted hacking into her phone. Later, as a core participant, she gave evidence to the Leveson Inquiry in November 2011. Miller's statement to the inquiry later made news headlines:
|“||I would often find myself almost daily, I was 21, at midnight running down a dark street on my own with 10 big men chasing me. The fact that they had cameras in their hands meant that was legal. But if you take away the cameras, what have you got? You've got a pack of men chasing a woman, and obviously that's a very intimidating situation to be in.||”|
|2002||Ride, TheThe Ride||Sara|
|2006||Factory Girl||Edie Sedgwick|
|2008||Mysteries of Pittsburgh, TheThe Mysteries of Pittsburgh||Jane Bellwether|
|2008||A Fox's Tale||Darcey (Voice)|
|2008||Edge of Love, TheThe Edge of Love||Caitlin Macnamara|
|2009||G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra||Ana Lewis/Anastascia DeCobray/The Baroness|
|2012||Nous York||Movie star||French film|
|2012||Just like a Woman||Marilyn|
|2013||A Case of You||Sarah|
|2014||American Sniper||Taya Renae Kyle|
|2015||Untitled John Wells project||Filming|
|2002||American Embassy, TheThe American Embassy||Babe||1 episode|
|2003–2004||Keen Eddie||Fiona Bickerton||13 episodes|
|2009, 2011||Top Gear||Herself||2 episodes|
|2012||The Girl||Tippi Hedren||BBC/HBO Film|
|2007||Environmental Media Awards||EMA Futures Award||Won|
|Independent Spirit Awards||Best Female Lead||Interview||Nominated|
|London Film Critics Circle Awards||British Actress of the Year||Interview||Nominated|
|2008||BAFTA||Rising Star Award||Nominated|
|BIFA Award||Best Supporting Actress||The Edge of Love||Nominated|
|2009||Golden Raspberry Award||Worst Supporting Actress||G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra||Won|
|ShoWest Awards||Best Supporting Actress||The Edge of Love||Won|
|2012||Festival de la fiction TV de La Rochelle||Best Actress||Just like a woman||Won|
|Golden Globe Award||Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film||The Girl||Nominated|
|BAFTA TV Award||BAFTA TV Award for Best Actress||The Girl||Nominated|
|2013||Critics' Choice Television Award||Best Movie/Miniseries Supporting Actress||The Girl||Nominated|
- "Leveson Inquiry, Transcript of Morning Hearing 24th November 2011" (PDF). p. 5. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- Joanna Wright. "Ten Things About... Sienna Miller". Digital Spy. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- Film. "Sienna Miller: a sense of theatre". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- Film. "Jeremy Clarkson interviews Sienna Miller our Reasonably Priced Star". topgear.com. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Sienna Miller Denies Having Temper Tantrum – Page 1210295 – Sienna Miller". People. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Sienna Miller Biography". The Biography Channell. Retrieved 6 September 2009.
- "Ice Race". Top Gear. Series 13. Episode 5. 19 July 2009. BBC.
- McGrath, Charles (19 October 2009). "What She Really Wants to Do Is Act". New York Times. Retrieved 19 October 2009.
- Staff, Broadway.com (9 March 2011). "Sienna Miller travels down Flare Path". Broadway.com. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- "Sienna Miller: Biography". People. Retrieved 18 July 2008.
- Challah, Doha. "London Breeds The 'New Bohemians'". visavismag.com. Retrieved 18 July 2008.
- "Pepe bags Sienna (January 10, 2006)". Vogue UK. 10 January 2006. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Who’s The Boss? That Would Be Sienna Miller". style.com. 24 February 2009. Retrieved 13 August 2009.
- Emili Vesilind (30 September 2007). "Shades of Sienna". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 18 July 2008.
- Miller, Sienna. "Sienna Miller: A Diary from Democratic Republic of Congo". imcworldwide.org. Retrieved 3 June 2010.
- "Sienna Miller, International Medical Corps Global Ambassador, in Haiti". alertnet.org. 10 March 2010. Retrieved 3 June 2010.
- "Global Cool is hot on carbon emissions". The Times (London). 12 May 2007. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "Sienna Miller, ambassador". Starlight childrens foundation, who we are: ambassadors. Starlight Childrens Foundation,. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Stephen M. Silverman (5 January 2005). "Jude Law to Marry Girlfriend Sienna Miller". People. Retrieved 18 July 2008.
- "I cheated on Sienna: Jude". Sydney Morning Herald. 8 July 2005. Retrieved 18 July 2008.
- Vanessa Allen. "Jude Law arrives at the Old Bailey to give evidence in phone-hacking trial | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- Pete Norman (12 November 2006). "Jude Law and Sienna Miller Call It Quits". People. Retrieved 18 July 2008.
- Talarico, Brittany (20 September 2010). "Balthazar Getty Talks 'Challenging Time' Post Sienna Miller Affair". OK!. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Sienna Miller Files Lawsuit Against Tabloids". Starpulse.com. 23 July 2008. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Jude Law & Sienna Miller Take Romantic Ride in NYC". E!. 18 December 2009. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Sienna Miller, Jude Law & Kids Holiday Together". E!. 28 December 2009. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Jude Law, Sienna Miller Break Up", People.
- Life & Style (2012-02-13). "Confirmed: Pregnant Sienna Miller is Engaged - See the Ring! | Life & Style". Lifeandstylemag.com. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- "Sienna Miller Gives Birth". US Weekly. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Sienna Miller names daughter Marlowe Ottoline Layng". The Arizona Republic. 12 July 2012. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "Sienna Miller Awarded £100,000 over Phone Hacking". BBC. 13 May 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Sienna Miller's Written Statement to the Leveson Inquiry". The Guardian. 24 November 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Leveson Inquiry: Actress Sienna Miller gives evidence". BBC. 24 November 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Sienna Miller|
- Media related to Sienna Miller at Wikimedia Commons
- Sienna Miller at the Internet Broadway Database
- Sienna Miller at the Internet Movie Database
- Sienna Miller at AllMovie
- Twenty8Twelve.com Miller's fashion line website