||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|• Governor||Ahmet Katırcı|
|• Mayor||Fikret Arslan (DP)|
|• District||2,546.71 km2 (983.29 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,070 m (3,510 ft)|
|• District Density||8.9/km2 (23/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Sivrihisar (Turkish: Sivrihisar, "a pointed castle") is a town and district of Eskişehir Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey. According to 2010 census, population of the district is 23 488 of which 9,817 live in the town of Sivrihisar. The district covers an area of 2,987 km2 (1,153 sq mi), and the average elevation is 1,070 m (3,510 ft).
The town of Sivrihisar lies 13 km (8.1 mi) north of the historical site of Pessinus, at the foot of a high double-peaked ridge of granite, which bears the ruins of a Byzantine castle, and gives the town its name (sivri "sharp, pointed", hisar "fortress, castle"). It is located at the intersection of the E-90 and E-96 routes.
As of 1920, Sivrihisar was producing knitting clothing.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units" (in English). Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- Prothero, G.W. (1920). Anatolia. London: H.M. Stationary Office. p. 112.
- Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism. "Life of Nasreddin Hoca" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Sivrihisar, Turkey" (in English). Retrieved 2008-04-07.
- Governorship of Eskişehir, Turkey. "General information on Sivrihisar, Eskişehir" (in Turkish). Archived from the original on 2007-11-19. Retrieved 2008-04-07.
- Governorship of Eskişehir, Directorate of Provincial Environment and Forestry (2006). "Environmental Status Report for Eskişehir Province" (PDF) (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-04-07.[dead link]
|This geographical article about a location in Eskişehir Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|