|Sinop Province Province
|Province of Turkey|
|Electoral district||Sinop Province|
|• Total||5,862 km2 (2,263 sq mi)|
|• Density||34/km2 (89/sq mi)|
|Per capita income||12,794 TL (32nd; 2011)|
Sinop Province (Turkish: Sinop ili ; Greek: Σινώπη, Sinopi) is a province of Turkey, along the Black Sea. It is located between 41 and 42 degrees North latitude and between 34 and 35 degrees East longitude. The surface area is 5,862 km², equivalent to 0.8% of Turkey's surface area. The borders total 475 km and consists of 300 km of land and 175 km seaside borders. Its adjacent provinces are Kastamonu on the west, Çorum on the south, and Samsun on the southeast. The provincial capital is the city of Sinop.
Kızılırmak, Gökırmak, Sarsak çay, Karasu, Ayancık Suyu, Tepeçay, Çakıroğlu, Kanlıdere
Sinop province is divided into 9 districts (capital district in bold):
- Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces
- "İşte Türkiye'nin en zengin illeri" [Here is the richest provinces of Turkey]. Kuzey Ekspres Gazetesi (in Turkish). 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- Sinop geography (tr)
- Sinop governor's official website (Turkish)
- Sinop municipality's official website (Turkish)
- Sinop local news website (Turkish)
|This geographical article about a location in Sinop Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|