|Motto: Cerdas, Modern, Religius
(Intelligent, Modern, Religious)
|• Mayor||Airin Rachmi Diany|
|• Total||147.19 km2 (56.83 sq mi)|
|• Land||147.19 km2 (56.83 sq mi)|
|Population (2014 estimate)|
|• Density||9,800/km2 (25,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||WIB (UTC+7)|
|Area code(s)||+62 21|
South Tangerang (Indonesian: Tangerang Selatan) is an independent city in Banten province, Indonesia. It forms part of the Greater Jakarta metropolitan area. It was administratively separated from Tangerang Regency on 29 October 2008. According to the 2010 Census, its population was 1,303,569, while the latest estimate in 2014 is 1,436,187. The total area is 147.19 km².
The municipality of South Tangerang is divided into seven districts (kecamatan), tabulated below with their 2012 Census population. The centre of South Tangerang is the Ciputat district. The districts are sub-divided into 49 administrative villages (kelurahan) and five villages (desa). The district with the highest number of kelurahan or desa is Pondok Aren.
Buses, minibuses and taxis are the main methods of transportation available. The public transportation mostly goes to Jakarta since many of the residents of South Tangerang commute into Jakarta. There are feeder buses for Transjakarta. The feeder buses are from Bumi Serpong Damai and Bintaro Jaya to downtown Jakarta in Senayan.
The city is also served by KRL Jabotabek for the commuters who work in Jakarta, and by intercity service from PT Kereta Api Indonesia. KRL Jabotabek is operated by subsidiary of PT Kereta Api Indonesia for the commuter line in Greater Jakarta metropolitan area.
There are two toll roads servicing the city, namely Jakarta-Serpong Toll Road and Jakarta-Tangerang Toll Road. There are also several toll roads currently under planning. The plans are for a Serpong-Balaraja Toll Road which will continue the Jakarta-Serpong toll road, and Jakarta Outer Ring Road 2 which will be connecting the city to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in the near future.
Pondok Cabe Airport – which is used for military and civilian services – is the only airport located within the city boundaries. It is owned by PT Pertamina, the national oil company. The airport is also used for the maintenance base for Pelita Air Service, also owned by PT Pertamina.
Cycle rickshaws (becak) are still available in some areas in the city. Becak is the only method of transportation currently forbidden to operate in Jakarta as its slow speed has allegedly led to congestion in the traffic of Jakarta. However, since South Tangerang is located on the outskirts of Jakarta (instead of the city proper), it is allowed in the city.
On October 10, 2013, a Memorandum of Understanding has been signed by PT Petras Indonesia and PT Banten Global Development to make a join venture PT Banten Monorel to build Serpong to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport monorail with more than 35 kilometers length, predicted Rp12,000 billion cost and ground breaking is planned to be done on August 17, 2014.
List Of School and University in South Tangerang
Senior High School
Vocational High School
Junior High School
- State Junior High School 1 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 2 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 3 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 4 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 5 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 6 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 7 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 8 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 9 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 10 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 11 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 12 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 13 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 14 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 15 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 16 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 17 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 18 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 19 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 20 Tangerang Selatan
- State Junior High School 21 Tangerang Selatan
- Sekolah Tinggi Akutansi Negara
- Geophysics and Meteorology Academy (Akademi Meteorologi dan Geofisika)
- Bina Nusantara University in Alam Sutera
- Swiss German University
- Pamulang University (Universitas Pamulang)
- Muhammadiyah Jakarta University (Universitas Muhammadiyah Jakarta)
- Surya University in Gading Serpong
- Indonesian Institute of Technology (Institut Teknologi Indonesia)
- Hari Lahir Kota Tangerang Selatan Ditetapkan
- "Kondisi Geografis dan Iklim".
- "Monorel Serpong–Bandara Dianggarkan Rp12 Triliun". October 11, 2013.
- "Contact Us." British School Jakarta. Retrieved on 11 February 2015. "Bintaro Sektor 9, Jl. Raya Jombang-Ciledug, Pondok Aren, Tangerang 15227, JAKARTA • INDONESIA, 15227"
- Home page. Jakarta Japanese School. Retrieved on 15 January 2015. "JL.Titihan Raya,Bintaro Jaya Sektor 9 Parigi-Pondok Aren,Tangerang Selatan 15227"
- (Indonesian)Official website