Ste. Genevieve Historic District is a historic district in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri.
Declared a National Historic Landmark in 1960, the Ste. Genevieve National Historic Landmark District includes many major structures of historic significance. These include the Beauvais-Amoureux House, the Felix Vallé House State Historic Site, La Maison de Guibourd, the Delassus-Kern House, the Louis Bolduc House (listed separately as a National Historic Landmark) and many others.
In 2002, a boundary increase was added, roughly bounded by Main St. and St. Mary's Rd., Roberts, 7th, and Seraphin Sts. in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri. The boundary increase was added to the National Register of Historic Places, but not to the National Historic Landmark.
Historic flags flown over Ste. Genevieve
Flag of Nouvelle France
Flag of Nueva España
15 Star-15 Stripe US Flag
Flag of Missouri
- Alvord, Clarence W. and Sutton, Robert M., The Illinois Country, 1673–1818, ISBN 0-252-01337-9
- Belting, Natalia Maree, Kaskaskia under the French Regime by ISBN 0-8093-2536-5
- Brackenridge, Henri Marie, Recollections of Persons and Places in the West (Google Books)
- Ekberg, Carl J., Colonial Ste. Genevieve: An Adventure on the Mississippi Frontier, Tucson, AZ: Patrice Press, 1996
- Ekberg, Carl J., Francois Vallé and His World: Upper Louisiana Before Lewis and Clark, Columbia, MO: University of Missouri Press, 2002.
- Ekberg, Carl J., Stealing Indian Women: Native Slavery in the Illinois Country, Urbana, IL: University of Illinois Press, 2007.
- Ekberg, Carl J., Francois Valle and His World: Upper Louisiana before Lewis & Clark, Tucson, AZ: Patrice Press, 2006
- Ekberg, Carl J., French Roots in the Illinois Country: The Mississippi Frontier in Colonial Times, Tucson, AZ: Patrice Press, ISBN 0-252-06924-2
Post Louisiana Purchase
- Aron, Stephen, American Confluence: The Missouri Frontier from Borderland to Border State
- Peterson, Charles E., Colonial St. Louis: Building a Creole Capitol, Tucson, AZ: Patrice Press, 2001.
- Schroeder, Walter A., Opening the Ozarks: A Historical Geography of Missouri’s Ste. Genevieve District, 1760–1830, Columbia, MO: University of Missouri Press, 2002.
- Stepenoff, Bonnie, From French Community to Missouri Town, Columbia, MO: University of Missouri Press, 2006.
- Missouri Life Magazine, Lewis And Clark’s Journey Across Missouri, Booneville, MO: Missouri Life Magazine, 2003.
Overall History of Ste. Genevieve, Missouri
- Franzwa, Gregory M., The Story of Old Ste. Genevieve, Tucson: Patrice Press, 1998.
- Deposki, Richard, Images of America: Ste. Genevieve, Chicago, IL: Arcadia Publishing, 2008.
- Evans, Mark L., The Commandant’s Last Ride, Tucson, AZ: Patrice Press, 1998.
- Foster, Gerald, American Houses: A Field Guide to the Architecture of the Home, New York: Houghton Mifflin Co. 2004.
- Naeger, Bill, Patti Naeger, and Mark Evans, Ste. Genevieve: A Leisurely Stroll through History. Ste. Genevieve, MO: Merchant Street Publishing, 1998.
- Wehmeyer, Janice C., Ste. Genevieve, MO: A Guided Tour Through the Past and Present, self published: 1993
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to New France.