Wheeler Island (India)
|Area||390 acres (158 ha)|
|Length||2 km (1.2 mi)|
Wheeler Island is located approximately 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) off the eastern coast of India on the Bay of Bengal and about 70 kilometres (43 mi) south of Chandipur in Orissa. The island is about 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) in length and 390 acres (1.58 km2). The nearest port is Dhamara.
Wheeler Island is the missile test facility for most Indian missiles, including long range ones. Access to the test facility is by ship, as there is no bridge or airport connecting the island to the mainland. There is a small helipad, but missile airframes and all supplies, construction materials and heavy equipment arrive by ship.
In May 2013,increasing concern has been drawn to the change of the island's topography,owing to sand erosion.Since the island is technically a shoal,seawater frequently causes sand-shifting.The situation is being monitored by geological experts from National Institute of Ocean Technology and the DRDO. 
- On 8 November 2013 Agni-1 was test fired successfully.It is nuclear weapons-capable,surface to surface missile for its full range of 700 km from wheeler island, off the Odisha coast.
- On 19 April 2012, Agni-V was test-fired successfully. The missile travelled its full stated range of 5,000 km range in 20 minutes.
- On 13 July 2012, Agni-I was test-fired successfully. The missile travelled its full range of 700 km.
- On 9 August 2012, Agni-II was test fired successfully. The missile travelled 2,000 km in 700 seconds, achieving an altitude of 220 km.
- On 19 September 2012, Agni-IV was test-fired successfully. The missile travelled its full range of 4,000 km.
- On 12 December 2012, Agni-I ballistic missile with a strike range of 700 km was successfully fired.
- On 7 April 2013, nuclear capable Agni-II missile was successfully test-fired which has a strike range of more than 2,000 km.
- On 15 September 2013, ICMB Agni-V successfully tested.
- "India test-fires interceptor missile: Rediff.com India News". News.rediff.com. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- "India's lone missile test-firing range Wheeler Island face sand erosion". 11 May 2013.
- "India test launches Agni-V long-range missile". 19 April 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Agni-II launch, a flawless mission". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 9 August 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "India test-fires nuclear-capable strategic missile Agni-IV". The Times of India (Balasore (Orissa), India). 19 September 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Agni-IV test-fired successfully". The Hindu. 19 September 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2012.