2019 G20 Osaka summit
|2019 G20 Osaka summit|
2019 G20 summit attendees
|Date||28–29 June 2019|
|Chair||Shinzō Abe, Prime Minister|
|Follows||2018 G20 Buenos Aires summit|
|Precedes||2020 G20 Riyadh summit|
The 2019 G20 Osaka summit was the fourteenth meeting of the G20, a forum of 19 countries and the EU that together represent most of the world economy. It was held on 28–29 June 2019 at the International Exhibition Center in Osaka. It was the first G20 summit to be hosted by Japan.
International organization guests
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
José Ángel Gurría, Secretary-General
The 2019 G20 Summit discussed eight themes to Ensure Global Sustainable Development. The eight themes were "Global Economy", "Trade and Investment", "Innovation", "Environment and Energy", "Employment", "Women's empowerment", "Development" and "Health".
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China has issued a statement considering the Hong Kong Protests as China’s internal affairs on 24 June. The Chinese government wanted to delist the Hong Kong issue from the summit’s agenda for the year, to avoid possible political and security confrontations between all G20 leaders (from outside China) and China. China has threatened to attack G20 nations suspected for “wrongfully” accusing China. However, Japanese Prime Minister Abe had raised the issue to President Xi just before the official summit, while some Hong Kong citizens protested in places around the summit venue. Pro-independence leader Chan Ho-tin demonstrated with people from Chinese ethnic minorities like Rebiya Kadeer for Hong Kong, as well as Xinjiang issues.
- 2019 Koreas–United States DMZ Summit
- 2019 Japan–South Korea trade dispute
- 2020 G20 Riyadh summit
- 2018 G20 Buenos Aires summit
- Anti-Korean sentiment in Japan
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
- List of G20 summits
- List of G7 summits
- "Saudi Arabia to host G20 summit in 2020". The National. July 8, 2017.
- "Government picks Osaka as venue for G-20 summit in 2019: sources". The Japan Times. February 20, 2018.
- Johnston, Eric (May 27, 2019). "Concern grows over how G20 security preparations will impact Osaka". japantimes.co.jp.
- "Japan to host G-20 summit in 2019 for 1st time". The Nikkei. July 9, 2017. Archived from the original on August 7, 2017. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- "G20 summit in Osaka, Japan, 28-29/06/2019". European Union.
- "What Is The G20 Summit?". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- Dinesh, Singh. "G20 Summit 2019 Themes Ensures Sustainable Development". ABC Live India. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- "Main Themes | Summit Details". G20 Osaka Summit 2019.
- "外交部：中方不允G20討論香港". Ming Pao. June 25, 2019.
- INC, SANKEI DIGITAL (June 28, 2019). 亡命ウイグル人ら、中国の弾圧訴え抗議デモ. 産経ニュース (in Japanese). Retrieved June 28, 2019.