2022 Summer Youth Olympics
|Host city||Dakar, Senegal|
|Stadium||New Main Stadium|
|Part of a series on|
The 2022 Summer Youth Olympics, officially known as the IV Summer Youth Olympic Games (French: Les IVème Jeux Olympiques de la jeunesse d'été), and commonly known as Dakar 2022 will be the fourth edition of the Summer Youth Olympics, an international sports, education and cultural festival for teenagers, in a city designated by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). It will be held in Dakar, Senegal, becoming the first IOC event to be held in Africa.
Originally scheduled to be held in 2022, at the 127th IOC Session it was decided to move the organisation of the YOG to a non-Olympic year, starting with the 4th Summer Youth Olympic Games, to be postponed from 2022 to 2023. Subsequently the IOC have reverted to a 2022 date, and announced in February 2018 that they would be recommending that the event be held in Africa. The 132nd IOC Session confirmed the change of date back to 2022. The host was announced at the 133rd IOC Session in Buenos Aires, Argentina during the 2018 edition.
|2022 Youth Olympic Games bidding results|
Venues and infrastructure
- Dakar Olympic Club – tennis, and other indoor sports existing
- Dakar Olympic Swimming Pool – diving, swimming, 3x3 basketball existing
- Iba Mar Diop Stadium – athletics, beach handball, football, rugby sevens existing
- Dakar National Wrestling Arena – wrestling, and other combat sports / 20,000 existing
- New Main Stadium – TBA / 50,000 new
- Dakar Arena – indoor sports / 15,000 existing
- Dakar Expo Center (5 halls) – indoor sports new
- Mbow University – TBA new
- Mbow University Youth Olympic Village – Olympic Village new
The city of Saly will host of water sports, beach sports and golf.
28 core sports are expected to feature at the Games, being confirmed in 2019. This means the four sports added to the 2018 program (sport climbing, karate, breakdancing and roller speed skating) will not feature again.
- Archery (3) ( )
- Athletics (37) ( )
- Badminton (3) ( )
- 3x3 basketball (4) ( )
- Beach handball (2) ( )
- Beach soccer (2) ( )
- Beach volleyball (2) ( )
- Boxing (13) ( )
- Canoeing (8) ( )
- Cycling (3) ( )
- Equestrian (2) ( )
- Fencing (7) ( )
- Field hockey (2) ( )
- Golf (3) ( )
- Gymnastics ( )
- Judo (9) ( )
- Modern pentathlon (3) ( )
- Rowing (4) ( )
- Rugby sevens (2) ( )
- Sailing (4) ( )
- Shooting (6) ( )
- Table tennis (3) ( )
- Taekwondo (10) ( )
- Tennis (5) ( )
- Triathlon (3) ( )
- Weightlifting (11) ( )
- Wrestling (14) ( )
- "Olympic Agenda 2020" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 May 2015.
- "IOC President Thomas Bach reports on the Youth Olympic Games 2022". International Olympic Committee. 4 February 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
the Executive Board wants these youth Olympic Games 2022 to take place in Africa. Therefore the EB decided today to propose to the session to make the african continent a strong priority ...
- "132nd International Olympic Committee Session: Day two". insidethegames.biz. 7 February 2018. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Le Sénégal organisera les Jeux olympiques de la jeunesse 2022". 8 October 2018. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Summer Youth Olympic Games programme at Dakar 2022 featuring 28 core sports set to be confirmed next year". 17 October 2018. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
| Summer Youth Olympic Games
IV Youth Olympiad (2022)