|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The seventh millennium of the Gregorian calendar will begin on January 1, 6001, and end on December 31, 7000. It will be the seventh millennium in the Anno Domini or Common Era. 6009 will be the first year since 1961 when you write it in a certain way, you can turn them upside down/invert them, and still look the same.
These are astronomical dates, so they are given in the astronomical format of Year Month Day, which allows them to be ordered.
- 6212 November 7: Mercury occults Regulus.
- 6587 September 9: Venus occults Regulus.
- 6727 August 25: Mars occults Regulus for the first time since June 28, 17,619 BC. Despite the over 24,300 year wait, it will happen three more times over the next 677 years.
- 6757 July 5: There is anticipated to be a simultaneous solar eclipse and transit of Mercury, the first such simultaneous eclipse and planetary transit in over 13 millennia.
- 6947 October 9: Mercury occults Regulus.
- In the year 6939, the Westinghouse Time Capsules from the years 1939 and 1964 are scheduled to be opened after 5000 years.
- In the year 6970, the Expo'70 Time Capsule from the year 1970, buried under a monument near Osaka Castle, Japan, is scheduled to be opened after 5000 years.
- The Age of Capricorn will end its 2000-year reign.
- By 7000 AD, Venus could feasibly have been terraformed, according to Martyn J. Fogg in Terraforming: Engineering Planetary Environments.
- The events of the video game series Xenosaga take place sometime in the early 6000s. Due to the vagueness of the times given in Episode 1 of the series ('20xx' followed by '4000 years in the future'), it is possible the events cross over into the 62nd century. Contrary to this, the dates given in Xenogears Perfect Works would place Xenosaga's events in the year 7277. The Xenogears timeline does not apply to the Xenosaga timeline. At one time the two story arcs were believed to exist in the same fictional universe as many of those involved with the design and development of Xenogears continued to work on Xenosaga. However it has been stated on several occasions that the two universes are not directly related in any way.
- In Doctor Who, the Doctor's daughter Jenny was born on July 24, 6012 in the 61st Century on the planet Messaline, which humans had colonised along with the amphibuous Hath. By this time cloning technology that can duplicate an adult human within seconds and implant knowledge into their mind has been perfected.
- The first Flash Jay Garrick met a foe Dmane from the year 6946, who was accidentally sent back to 1946 when he was about to be executed for rebelling against the Government. He is sent back to his own time and executed. The beings of his era have larger, more pointed heads.
- Flash Rogues Gallery member Abra Kadabra originally came from the 64th Century, according to his first comics appearance in February 1962. He was exiled to the past by the tyrannical Central Clockworks that rule Earth.
- In the song "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans, it is predicted that by the year 6565 mating will cease to exist in its current form, and children will be chosen from a "long glass tube".
- The song "Here in 6048" by the Italian power metal band Vision Divine, makes multiple references about life in the 7th millennium.
- In the song "6969" by Ninja Sex Party, the comedy duo travels to the titular year hoping to find a sexual paradise, but instead discover a dystopian world where human touch has been outlawed by the tyrannical Council of Dick Elders.
- Zhelyazko Zhelyazkov. "AD 6757 Jul 05 - Simultaneous occurrence of solar eclipse and transit of Mercury". savage-garden.org. Archived from the original on 22 February 2012.
- Laffer, William D. (22 July 1969). "'In the Year 2525' Began in the Year 1965: The Anatomy of a No. 1 Record". The Milwaukee Journal.
- Garza, Richard (27 July 2015). "Attitude City by Ninja Sex Party a funny, sexual album". Western Herald. Retrieved 27 August 2016.