Admiralty Secondary School
|Admiralty Secondary School
Sekolah Menengah Admiralty
|31 Woodlands Crescent
|Motto||To be a Guiding Light that Shines|
|Session||Single day session|
|Principal||Mr Toh Thiam Chye|
This article is incomplete. This is because no section written regarding History and Identity & culture. Please add in properly cited sources.(September 2017)
Being a government secondary school, Admiralty Secondary School offers three academic streams, namely the four-year Express course, as well as the Normal Course, comprising Normal (Academic) and Normal (Technical) academic tracks.
GCE O Level Express Course
The examinable academic subjects for Singapore-Cambridge GCE Ordinary Level offered by Admiralty Secondary School for upper secondary level (via. streaming in secondary 2 level), as of 2017, are listed below.
- Subjects indicated with ' * ' are mandatory subjects.
- All students in Singapore are required to undertake a Mother Tongue Language as an examinable subject, as indicated by ' ^ '.
- "SPA" in Pure Science subjects refers to the incorporation of School-based Science Practical Assessment, which 20% of the subject result in the national examination are determined by school-based practical examinations, supervised by the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board. The SPA Assessment has been replaced by one Practical Assessment in the 2018 O Levels.
|Sciences||Language & Hunanities||Arts & Aesthetics|
The Normal Course is a nationwide 4-year programme leading to the Singapore-Cambridge GCE Normal Level examination, which runs either the Normal (Academic) curriculum or Normal (Technical) curriculum, abbreviated as N(A) and N(T) respectively.
Normal (Academic) Course
In the Normal (Academic) course, students offer 5-8 subjects in the Singapore-Cambridge GCE Normal Level examination.Compulsory subjects include:
- English Language
- Mother Tongue Language
- Combined Humanities
A 5th year leading to the Singapore-Cambridge GCE Ordinary Level examination is available to N(A) students who perform well in their Singapore-Cambridge GCE Normal Level examination. Students can move from one course to another based on their performance and the assessment of the school principal and teachers.
Normal (Technical) Course
The Normal (Technical) course prepares students for a technical-vocational education at the Institute of Technical Education. Students will offer 5-7 subjects in the Singapore-Cambridge GCE Normal Level examination. The curriculum is tailored towards strengthening students’ proficiency in English and Mathematics. Students take English Language, Mathematics, Basic Mother Tongue and Computer Applications as compulsory subjects.
The school offers multiple extra-curricular activities, labelled as co-curricular activities (CCAs) by the Ministry of Education. These activities include sports, uniformed groups, clubs, societies and performing arts.
The CCAs offered in the school are as follows:
- National Cadet Corps (Land)
- National Civil Defence Cadet Corps
- National Police Cadet Corps
- Red Cross
- Concert Band
- Dance Club
- Drama Club
- Guzheng Ensemble
- Lighthouse Productions
Clubs and societies
- Art and Environment Club
- Media Resource Library
- Robotics Enterprise
- "Express Course Curriculum". www.moe.gov.sg. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "School Information Service". Ministry of Education, Singapore. Ministry of Education, Singapore. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- "GCE O-Level Syllabuses Examined in 2018". Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB). Retrieved 2017-04-16.
- "Secondary School Courses". www.moe.gov.sg. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Normal Course Curriculum". www.moe.gov.sg. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "School Information Service". Ministry of Education. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
|This Singapore school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|