This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Products||Streaming media |
Video on demand
Tencent Video (simplified Chinese: 腾讯视频; traditional Chinese: 騰訊視頻; pinyin: Téngxùn Shìpín) is a Chinese video streaming website owned by Tencent. As of March 2019, it had over 900 million mobile monthly active users, and 89 million subscribers.
In April 2011, Tencent Video officially launched with an independent domain. Tencent Video supports online Video on Demand and television broadcasts, and provides list management, video volume amplification, color quality adjustment and other functional services.
Tencent Video's strategy focuses on developing original content and supporting original programs, home-made drama, micro-movie, and short film contest and support plan.
As of October 2017, Tencent Video's revenue is RMB 65.2 billion (US$9.87 billion). In September 2017, Tencent Video was one of eight Chinese apps in the top 30 mobile apps with the largest revenue in the App Store and Google Play Stores. In October 2017, Tencent Video ranked among the top 15 apps with the largest global consolidated monthly income. Tencent Video also ranked top in revenue of iOS entertainment applications in China in October 2017.
In June 2011, Tencent Video documentary channel was officially launched.
In August 2012, Tencent Video reached 200 million daily average broadcasts.
On April 17, 2013, Tencent Video's first British drama "Happy Lovers" was independently broadcast on their website.
On April 27, 2013, Tencent Video reached an agreement with six major production companies including BBC Worldwide, ITV Studios, Fremantle Media, All3Media International, and Endemol.
On June 3, 2013, Tencent Video's British TV channel was launched, which was China's first British drama broadcast platform.
- "Tencent Video nearly reached 89 million subscribers".
- The Business Times. "Tencent makes smart TV push in joint venture with China's biggest TV maker". The Business Times Singapore. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- Liu, Alon. "Tencent Third Quarter Earnings Report: Tencent Video realized strong growth in business and revenue". Tencent Technology.
- "Tencent video documentary channel was launched". tech.ifeng.com.
- "Tencent video first British drama was online". ent.qq.com (in Chinese).
- "腾讯视频与BBC等制作公司达成中国最大英剧资源引进". ent.ifeng.com.
- "腾讯视频发布独家大剧计划 打造第一英剧平台_娱乐_腾讯网". ent.qq.com (in Chinese).
|This China-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|