Alfa Romeo Pandion
|Alfa Romeo Pandion Concept|
|Designer||Michael Vernon Robinson at Bertone|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Concept car / Sports car (S)|
|Body style||2-seater coupe|
|Related||Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione|
|Engine||4691 cc 90° V8|
|Wheelbase||2,650 mm (104.3 in) |
|Length||4,620 mm (181.9 in)|
|Width||1,942 mm (76.5 in)|
|Height||1,284 mm (50.6 in)|
|Curb weight||1,258 kg (2,773 lb)|
The Alfa Romeo Pandion is a concept car which premiered at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show. It was designed by Stile Bertone and the main responsibility was given to Mike Robinson. The Pandion coupé was designed as a tribute to Alfa Romeo’s one hundred year anniversary. The Pandion is based on the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione sports car, it has an all-aluminium 4.7 litre (4691 cc) (286.8 cu in) dohc 90 degree V8 engine, producing 450 PS (331 kW; 444 hp). The car kerb weight is 1,258 kg (2,773 lb) and it has top speed of 320 km/h (199 mph) and it can accelerate from zero to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.9 seconds.
The most eye catching feature of the car is its doors, they open by rotating backwards, opening full 90 degree upward, the whole side of the car is one door from the front fender to the rear fender. Earlier Bertone has made other similar door designs, like in the 1968 Alfa Romeo Carabo, the 1970 Lancia Stratos 0 and the 1972 Lamborghini Countach.
Other notable design feature can be found on the rear of the car, which has a striking array of crystal-like blades.
- "Pandion brochure" (PDF). bertone.it. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- "Geneva Auto Show: Bertone Pandion". wheels.blogs.nytimes.com. 2010-03-02. Archived from the original on 4 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- "Pandion A Dream Alfa Romeo by bertone" (DOC). www.bertone.it. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- pandion_portfolio22l.jpg (JPEG-kuva, 1000 × 685 kuvapistettä): pandion_portfolio22l.jpg (JPEG-kuva, 1000 × 685 kuvapistettä), accessdate: 24. tammikuuta 2016
- Virtual Car.it dir. Sergio Chierici 2015. "Bertone Alfa Romeo Pandion: gli interni - Virtual Car". virtualcar.it.
Media related to Alfa Romeo Pandion at Wikimedia Commons