Alfa Romeo Pandion
|Alfa Romeo Pandion Concept|
|Designer||Michael Vernon Robinson at Bertone|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||2-door coupe|
|Doors||Suicide scissor doors|
|Related||Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione|
|Engine||4.7 L (4,691 cc) 90° Ferrari/Maserati F136 Y V8|
|Wheelbase||2,650 mm (104.3 in) |
|Length||4,620 mm (181.9 in)|
|Width||1,942 mm (76.5 in)|
|Height||1,284 mm (50.6 in)|
|Curb weight||1,258 kg (2,773 lb)|
The Alfa Romeo Pandion is a concept car which premiered at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show. It was designed by Stile Bertone and the main responsibility was given to Mike Robinson. The Pandion coupé was designed as a tribute to Alfa Romeo’s centennial anniversary. The Pandion is based on the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione sports car and shares its all-aluminium 4.7-litre (4691 cc) (286.8 cu in) DOHC 90 degree V8 engine, rated at 450 PS (331 kW; 444 hp). The kerb weight is 1,258 kg (2,773 lb).
The Pandion can attain a theoretical top speed of 320 km/h (199 mph) and can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.9 seconds.
The most eye catching feature of the car is its doors, they open by rotating backwards, opening full 90 degree upward, the whole side of the car is one door from the front fender to the rear fender. Earlier Bertone has made other similar door designs, like in the 1968 Alfa Romeo Carabo and the 1970 Lancia Stratos 0.
Other notable design feature can be found on the rear of the car, which has a striking array of crystal-like blades.
- "Pandion brochure" (PDF). bertone.it. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-05-16. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- "Geneva Auto Show: Bertone Pandion". wheels.blogs.nytimes.com. 2010-03-02. Archived from the original on 4 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- "Pandion A Dream Alfa Romeo by bertone". www.bertone.it. Archived from the original (DOC) on 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- pandion_portfolio22l.jpg (JPEG-kuva, 1000 × 685 kuvapistettä): pandion_portfolio22l.jpg (JPEG-kuva, 1000 × 685 kuvapistettä), accessdate: 24. tammikuuta 2016
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-05. Retrieved 2011-03-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Virtual Car.it dir. Sergio Chierici 2015. "Bertone Alfa Romeo Pandion: gli interni - Virtual Car". virtualcar.it. Archived from the original on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
Media related to Alfa Romeo Pandion at Wikimedia Commons