Asaka Station (Saitama)
The south entrance in September 2012
|Location||2-13-52 Honchō, Asaka-shi, Saitama-ken 351-0011
|Operated by||Tobu Railway|
|Line(s)||Tobu Tojo Line|
|Distance||14.0 km from Ikebukuro|
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
|Opened||1 May 1914|
|Previous names||Hizaori (until 1932)|
|Passengers (FY2014)||64,163 daily|
The station is served by the Tobu Tojo Line from Ikebukuro in Tokyo, with some services inter-running via the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line to Shin-Kiba and the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line to Shibuya and onward via the Tokyu Toyoko Line and Minato Mirai Line to Motomachi-Chukagai. Located between Wakōshi and Asakadai stations, it is 14.0 km from the Ikebukuro terminus. Only Semi express and Local services stop at this station.
The station consists of two island platforms serving four tracks, with an elevated station building located above the platforms.
|1||■ Tobu Tojo Line||for Shiki, Kawagoe, Sakado, and Ogawamachi (Semi express services)|
|2||■ Tobu Tojo Line||for Shiki, Kawagoe, Sakado, and Ogawamachi (Local services)|
|3||■ Tobu Tojo Line||for Wakōshi, Narimasu, and Ikebukuro (Local services)
Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line for Shin-Kiba
Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line for Shibuya
Tokyu Toyoko Line for Yokohama
Minatomirai Line for Motomachi-Chukagai
|4||■ Tobu Tojo Line||for Wakōshi, Narimasu, and Ikebukuro (Semi express services)|
|Tobu Tojo Line|
|TJ Liner: Does not stop at this station|
|Rapid express: Does not stop at this station|
|Rapid: Does not stop at this station|
|Express: Does not stop at this station|
From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on the Tobu Tojo Line, with Asaka Station becoming "TJ-12".
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 64,163 passengers daily.
- Asaka City Hall
- Asaka Post Office
- Japan Ground Self-Defense Force Asaka Base
The station is served by "Wakuwaku" community bus services operated by the city of Asaka.
- "Asaka Station information" (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. Archived from the original on 8 January 2011. Retrieved 5 January 2011.
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 200. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- Tobu Tojo Line Timetable, published March 2016
- Yamamoto, Tomoyuki (October 2008). 東武東上線の神話時代（１）. Japan Railfan Magazine. 48 (570): 126–131.
- Tobu Tojo Line Timetable, published June 2008
- 「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します [Tobu Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- Tobu Tojo Line Timetable, published March 2013
- 東武鉄道，ホームドアの設置を拡大 [Tobu Railway to expand platform door installation]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 13 January 2017. Archived from the original on 13 January 2017. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2015. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- 市内循環バス『わくわく号』案内 ["Wakuwaku" city community bus information] (in Japanese). City of Asaka. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Asaka Station.|
- Tobu station information (Japanese)