|Industry||Automotive and auto-components|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Anirudh Bhuwalka (MD & CEO)|
|Revenue||₹10 billion (US$140 million)|
Asia Motor Works Ltd (AMW) is an Indian automotive company that manufactures commercial vehicles, auto components, fully built vehicles and forged components. Founded in 2002, AMW has won Commercial Vehicle (CV) of the year 2008 from NDTV Profit Car and Bike Awards & "CV Innovation of the Year" for 2010 from CV Magazine & Zee Business News.
AMW’s product range covers a range of heavy-duty applications in mining, construction, power, petroleum, roads and highways, other infrastructure projects and general cargo transportation.
The Company’s manufacturing facility in Bhuj, Western India is spread over 2 million sq. meters and produces vehicles for a range of civilian and defence applications. AMW has invested over Rs20 billion in the plant and has a capacity to produce 50,000 vehicles a year. In addition AMW makes tipper bodies, trailers and other fully built vehicles at their plant.
The manufacturing includes assembly, axles and drivelines, frame shop and automated cab painting facilities.
AMW’s vehicles are exported to the SAARC nations including Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Myanmar
AMW manufactures components for the automotive and general engineering industries. AMW’s capacity of 15 million wheel rims makes it the largest single location plant in Asia. The company supplies pressed metal components to the world’s auto and white goods manufacturers. AMW has over 1500 touch points across India.
- "Contact AMW | Asia Motor Works". Amwasia.com. Archived from the original on 29 January 2011. Retrieved 16 March 2011.
- "Asia MotorWorks make a mark with a well-thought strategy".
- NULL. "Asia MotorWorks wins Truck of The Year Award". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 16 March 2011.
- "Asia MotorWorks wins CV innovation award :: Andhra Business : Growing with AP :". Andhra Business. 10 March 2010. Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 16 March 2011.
- Auto Components | Auto Components Manufacturer - AMW Archived 30 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Official Site of AsiaMotor Works
- Business Today article on Anirudh Bhuwalka and AMW
- AMW news from The Hindu
|This article about an automotive industry corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|