Avast SecureLine VPN
|Operating system||Android, Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS|
|Available in||24 languages|
|Type||Virtual private network|
The Avast SecureLine VPN is an application developed by Avast that provides a subscription based virtual private network (VPN) service. It is available on Android, Microsoft Windows, macOS and iOS.
SecureLine VPN users' internet traffic is encrypted and redirected through a tunnel via Avast data centers in order to anonymize their online activity, protect users from hacking and some forms of surveillance and allow an unrestricted access to the Internet. A VPN also prevents user's browsing data and history from being collected and sold by ISPs or other entities that would normally have access to them.
SecureLine VPN users' both outgoing and incoming internet traffic is encrypted and redirected through a tunnel via Avast data centers. This changes the geolocation of the IP address of the user to that of the selected VPN server. This service provides the following:
- Anonymization of online activity such as browsing sessions, downloads and internet traffic of other software applications
- Protection against hacking and some forms of surveillance
- Access to websites restricted due to Internet censorship or geo-blocking
Similar to other VPNs, SecureLine works by making the user appear in a different place via changing the users IP address, bypassing internet censorship for the country the user is in or Wi-Fi the user is using. The VPN can be set to automatically turn on when the user connects to a public Wi-Fi. A VPN also prevents user's browsing data and history from being collected and sold by ISPs or other entities that would normally have access to them.
- "Avast SecureLine VPN - Secure any public Wi-Fi". Avast Software. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Olivia Solon. Here's how to protect your internet browsing data now that it's for sale. March 30, 2017. theguardian.com.
- Jack Schofield. How can I protect myself from government snoopers?. 24 November 2016.
- "Avast SecureLine VPN". Download.com. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Rashid, Fahmida (25 June 2015). "avast! SecureLine Review & Rating". PC Mag. Retrieved 19 June 2015.