Avast SecureLine VPN
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Operating system||Android, Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS|
|Available in||24 languages|
|Type||Virtual private network|
SecureLine VPN encrypts the user's internet traffic and redirects the traffic through a tunnel via Avast data centers. This changes the geolocation of the IP address of the user to that of the selected VPN server and makes the user appear to be in a different location.
It also anonymizes the user's online activity, protects users from hacking, prevents some forms of surveillance, and allows unrestricted access to the Internet. A VPN also prevents user's detailed browsing data and history from being collected and sold by ISPs or other entities that may otherwise have access to them. The VPN can be set to automatically turn on when the user connects to a public Wi-Fi.
SecureLine VPN users' both outgoing and incoming internet traffic is encrypted and redirected through a tunnel via Avast data centers. This changes the geolocation of the IP address of the user to that of the selected VPN server. This service provides the following:
- Anonymization of online activity such as browsing sessions, downloads and internet traffic of other software applications
- Protection against hacking and some forms of surveillance
- Access to websites restricted due to Internet censorship or geo-blocking
Similar to other VPNs, SecureLine works by making the user appear in a different place via changing the users IP address, bypassing internet censorship for the country the user is in or Wi-Fi the user is using. The VPN can be set to automatically turn on when the user connects to a public Wi-Fi. A VPN also prevents user's browsing data and history from being collected and sold by ISPs or other entities that would normally have access to them.
Security features of Avast SecureLine VPN include:
- 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard
- Single shared IP
- DNS leak protection
- Kill switch
- Smart Connection Rules
- "Avast SecureLine VPN - Secure any public Wi-Fi". Avast Software. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Schofield, Jack (2016-11-24). "How can I protect myself from government snoopers?". The Guardian. Retrieved 2018-09-27.
- "Avast SecureLine VPN". Download.com. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Solon, Olivia (2017-03-30). "Here's how to protect your internet browsing data now that it's for sale". The Guardian. Retrieved 2018-09-27.
- Eddy, Max (August 7, 2017). "avast! SecureLine Review & Rating". PC Mag. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Rashid, Fahmida (25 June 2015). "avast! SecureLine Review & Rating". PC Mag. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Avast SecureLine VPN Review. Coletta Teske. October 16, 2019. lifewire.com.