Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Written by||Gareth Roberts and|
|Directed by||Nicholas Pegg|
|Produced by||Gary Russell|
|Executive producer(s)||Jacqueline Rayner|
|Length||2 hrs 22 mins|
|Release date||December 2002|
Bang-Bang-a-Boom! is a Big Finish Productions audio drama based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. The title is a parody of Lulu's 1969 Eurovision Song Contest winning entry Boom Bang-a-Bang.
- The Doctor — Sylvester McCoy
- Mel — Bonnie Langford
- Waiter — Barnaby Edwards
- Doctor Eleanor Harcourt — Sabina Franklyn
- Professor Ivor Fassbinder — Graeme Garden
- Geri Pakhar — Jane Goddard
- Mister Loozly — Nickolas Grace
- Lieutenant Stringberg — Vidar Magnussen
- Queen Angvia — Patricia Quinn
- Nicky Newman — Anthony Spargo
- Commentator Logan — David Tughan
- The Intergalactic Song Contest is a parody of the Eurovision Song Contest while Commentator Logan (who speaks with an Irish accent) is based upon and named after Terry Wogan, who provided commentary for the Eurovision on BBC One every year from 1980 to 2008. Like Wogan, he is seemingly known for his sardonic wit and frequently mentions his wife during broadcasts.
- In The One Doctor, it was first mentioned that "I Will Survive" was the national anthem of Earth.
- Professor Fassbinder and Dr Harcourt are parodies of Victor Bergman and Helena Russell in Space: 1999 (Fassbinder and Bergman are both the names of cinema pioneers). The station name Dark Space Eight is a parody of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- Pakhars are also included in the Unbound story He Jests at Scars...
- According to The Sound of Fear this particular show was attended by Iris Wildthyme and the man she married the previous night.
- Nickolas Grace later appeared as Albert Einstein in the Script to Screen-winning episode "Death is the Only Answer".
- Bang-Bang-a-Boom! reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
- Bang-Bang-a-Boom! reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|