|Born||1971/1972 (age 46–47)|
|Education||B.S., ESIC University |
PDD (Program for Management Development), IESE Business School, University of Navarra
|Occupation||President of Microsoft Latin America and corporate vice president of Microsoft|
Early in his career, Cernuda worked at Software AG and Banco 21. In 1997, he joined Microsoft Spain. During his career at Microsoft, Cernuda has served as the company's vice president of sales, marketing and services for Latin America. He became president of Microsoft's business in the Asia Pacific region in 2013. In 2014, he received the "100 Españoles" award given to Spaniards who achieve international recognition.
In June 2016, Microsoft appointed Cernuda as a corporate vice president and its president of Latin America, a position in which he oversees 2,500 employees, and 80,000 business partnerships. He is the first person of Spanish heritage to reach the level of corporate vice presidency in the company. Cernuda stated in October 2016 that he has three goals in this role: to make technology more integrated into daily life, to boost productivity in the workplace, and to promote smarter cloud storage. As part of his leadership style, he advocates for flexible work arrangements, and he does not have his own office or desk. In June 2018, ESIC Business & Marketing School awarded him an Aster Award for Best Professional Career.
Cernuda holds a bachelor's degree in business administration and marketing from ESIC University and completed a Management Development Program at the IESE Business School at the University of Navarra in Spain. He has also completed the Leadership for Senior Executives program at the Harvard Business School. He is married and has two children.
- Lagar, Eduardo (8 August 2016). ""Microsoft comete cero fraude fiscal: pagamos impuestos religiosamente y cumplimos la ley"". La Opinión de Málaga. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- Purnell, Newley (4 May 2014). "Microsoft Sees Asia Markets Expanding". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 16 September 2018. (Registration required (help)). Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "César Cernuda". News Center Latin America. Microsoft. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- "Program for Management Development". IESE Business School. University of Navarra. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- "El español César Cernuda, nuevo presidente de Microsoft Latinoamérica". EFE Empresas. 30 June 2016. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- Cortés, Mireya (4 July 2016). "César Cernuda dirigirá Microsoft LATAM". CIO México. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- "El español César Cernuda, vicepresidente de Ventas y Operaciones de Microsoft Business Solutions". La Información. 25 February 2016. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- "César Cernuda, nuevo vicepresidente corporativo de Microsoft para AL". Forbes México. 30 June 2016. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- Dudley, Brier (31 May 2014). "Microsoft finds fertile ground for growth in Asia". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- "El presidente de Microsoft Asia-Pacífico, César Cernuda, galardonado como uno de los 100 Españoles de éxito internacional". TechWeek.es. 27 June 2014. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- Martin, Rosa (4 July 2016). "Microsoft confía en César Cernuda para la dirección de Latinoamérica". Newsbook.es. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- Barrera, José (14 May 2018). "César Cernuda: El líder a cargo de la reinvención de Microsoft en Latinoamérica". Estrategia&Negocios. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- Caputo, Victor (28 October 2016). "4 perguntas para o presidente da Microsoft para a América Latina". Exame. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- Sáez, Sergio; O'Ryan, Felipe (9 December 2016). ""No me gusta que mis trabajadores vengan a la oficina"". La Segunda. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- "Montserrat Tarrés, presidenta de Dircom, recibe el premio ASTER de Comunicación". Dircomfidencial. 6 June 2018. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "César Cernuda, presidente de Microsoft Asia-Pacífico, apadrina a los alumnos de postgrado de ESIC". ESIC Business & Marketing School. 10 February 2015. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- Javier, Zamora (2014). César Cernuda: "We need to harness the energy, innovation and speed of the start-up.". IESE Insight. Retrieved 16 September 2018.