This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Product family||Microsoft Surface|
|Release date||September 10, 2020|
|Introductory price||US$1,399.99 (128 GB)|
US$1,499.99 (256 GB)
|Operating system||Android 10|
|CPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform optimized for the dual-screen experience @ Up to 2.84 GHz|
|Memory||6 GB (6x10243 B) LPDDR4X RAM|
|Storage||128 GB or 256 GB UFS 3.0 of internal storage|
|Display||Dual PixelSense Fusion Displays: 5.6” AMOLED, 1800x1350 (4:3), 401 PPI Display Material: Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Sound||Mono speaker, Dual Mic noise suppression and echo cancellation optimized for productive use in all postures, Audio formats supported: 3GP, MP3, MP4, MKV, WAV, OGG, M4A, AAC, TS, AMR, FLAC, MID, MIDI, RTTL, RTX, OTA, IMY, Qualcomm aptX Adaptive|
|Camera||Adaptive camera 11MP, f/2.0, 1.0 µm, PDAF and 84.0° diagonal FOV optimized with AI for front and rear|
|Touchpad||Dual touch Screen Fold-able|
|Connectivity||WiFi-5 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, LTE: 4x4 MIMO, Cat.18 DL / Cat 5 UL, 5CA, LAA. Up to 1.2 Gbit/s Download / Up to 150 Mbit/s Upload|
|Power||3577mAh (typical) dual battery|
Battery charging using 18W in box power supply
|Dimensions||145.2 mm (H) x 186.9 mm (W) x 4.8 mm (T),|
145.2 mm (H) x 93.3 mm (W) x 9.9 mm (T at hinge)
|Predecessor||Microsoft Lumia 950 XL (2015)|
Microsoft Lumia (lineup)
|Related articles||Microsoft Lumia|
|This article is part of a series on|
The Microsoft Surface Duo, also known as the Surface Duo, is a foldable device announced during Microsoft's Surface hardware conference on October 2, 2019 and officially released on September 10, 2020. The device was announced alongside the Microsoft Surface Neo. Unlike previous Microsoft products, which ran in-house operating systems, such as the recently discontinued Windows 10 Mobile, the Surface Duo runs Android instead. The device is generally regarded as a smartphone, however, Microsoft itself is reluctant to use the term to describe the device, instead referring to it as the newest member of the Surface family.
Microsoft announced the device at their October 2019 event, alongside the Surface Neo, Surface Laptop 3, Surface Pro 7, Surface Pro X and Surface Earbuds. The announcement was met with generally positive opinions from critics, who praised its design and hinge mechanism. While the device was initially designated to be released 'Holiday 2020', the device was up for pre-order on August 12, 2020 and released on September 10, 2020.
|Price Tier in USD||Size||CPU||GPU||RAM||Internal Storage||Color|
|US$1,399.99 (128 GB)
$1,499.99 (256 GB)
|TBA||5.6"||Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform optimized for the dual-screen experience||Qualcomm Adreno 640 GPU||6 GiB LPDDR4X RAM||128 GB or 256 GB UFS 3.0 of internal storage|
The device ships with Android version 10. It will be updated with monthly bug fixes along with the standard Android security updates. A cadence for feature updates have not been communicated by Microsoft at this time. The device comes with a number of preinstalled apps:
Microsoft built-in applications
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office Lens, PDF Reader)
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft To Do
- Microsoft News
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Microsoft Bing Search
- Intune Company Portal
- Microsoft Solitaire Collection
- Surface Audio
Other preloaded applications
- Google Search
- Google Assistant
- Google Calendar
- Google Drive
- Google Duo
- Google Photos
- Google Play Movies & TV
- Google Play Store
- Google Maps
- YouTube Music
- Sound recorder
- Spotify (Unlocked)
- HBO MAX (AT&T)
- AT&T TV (AT&T)
- My AT&T (AT&T)
- Call Protect (AT&T)
- Amazon Shopping (AT&T)
- NBA (AT&T)
- "New Surface Duo – Dual-Screen Mobile Productivity, Do One Better – Microsoft Surface". Surface. Retrieved 2020-08-12.
- "Surface reveals new holiday lineup and introduces a new category of dual-screen devices built for mobile productivity | Microsoft Devices Blog".
- "Introducing Windows 10X: enabling dual-screen PCs in 2020 | Windows Experience Blog".
- Gartenberg, Chaim (October 2, 2019). "Microsoft surprises with new foldable Surface Duo phone running Android". The Verge.
- Tibken, Shara. "Yes, the Microsoft phone is really happening: Introducing the Surface Duo". CNET.
- Baig, Edward C. "Microsoft showcases an Android Surface 'phone' and dual-screen Windows PC". USA TODAY.
- Palmer, Annie (October 2, 2019). "Microsoft unveils new folding smartphone in surprise announcement". CNBC.
- "Here's everything Microsoft announced at its Surface event". Engadget. Retrieved 2020-06-16.
- May 2020, Philip Michaels 04. "Microsoft Surface Duo: Release date, price, features and more". Tom's Guide. Retrieved 2020-06-16.
- March 2020, David Lumb 01. "Microsoft Surface Duo phone release date, news, features". TechRadar. Retrieved 2020-06-16.
- August 2020, Tom Warren 13. "Microsoft Surface Duo Arrives on September 10th for $1399". TheVerge.
- "Microsoft's Surface Duo to come as early as July". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2020-06-16.
- Spence, Ewan. "New Surface Leak Reveals Microsoft's Latest Gamble". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-06-16.
- one billion bytes
- New Surface Duo – Dual-Screen Mobile Productivity, Do One Better – Microsoft Surface