Microsoft India Headquarters in Hyderabad
|Bhaskar Pramanik (Chairman)|
Number of employees
|Approx 6,500 globally|
Microsoft India Private Limited is a subsidiary of American software company Microsoft Corporation, headquartered in Hyderabad, India. The company first entered the Indian market in 1990 and has since worked closely with the Indian government, the IT industry, academia and the local developer community to usher in some of the early successes in the IT market. Microsoft currently has offices in the 9 cities of Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, the NCR (New Delhi and Gurgaon) and Pune.
Microsoft in India employs about 6,500 people and has six business units representing the complete Microsoft product portfolio.
Microsoft India operates the following six business units in India. <rilgd>
- Microsoft India (R&D) Private Limited
- Microsoft Research India (MSR India)
- Microsoft Services Global Delivery (MSGD)<desh>
- Microsoft Corporation India Pvt. Ltd. (MCIPL)
- Microsoft IT India (MSIT India)
- Microsoft India Global Technical Support Center (IGTSC)
Microsoft India Development Center
Located in Hyderabad, the Microsoft India Development Center (MSIDC) is Microsoft’s largest software development center outside of their headquarters in Redmond, Washington. The MSIDC teams focus on strategic and IP sensitive software product development.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Microsoft India PL.|
- UPDATE: Microsoft India: Good Early Response To Windows 7 - WSJ.com
- "Microsoft Development Centers | Microsoft India Office Location". Microsoft India en-in. Archived from the original on 31 August 2017.
- "Software Leader in India | Technology Service Provider | Software Company". www.microsoft.com. Archived from the original on 20 May 2018. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Microsoft Showcase: Microsoft India Development Center". Archived from the original on 14 August 2009. Retrieved 9 November 2009.