|Architectural style||Modern architecture|
|Town or city||Ahmedabad|
|Renovated||Ongoing since January 2013|
|Owner||Calico Mills (past) and Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (present)|
|Structural system||Geodesic dome|
|Floor area||12 square metres (130 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Gautam Sarabhai, inspired by Buckminster Fuller|
The Calico Dome was a geodesic dome at Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India inspired from designs of Buckminster Fuller. It was a combined showroom and shop for Calico Mills and was inaugurated in 1962. It later collapsed and as of 2013[update] is being reconstructed by Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation.
American architect, Frank Lloyd Wright created a design for an administrative office for Calico Mills, but it was not constructed as Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation did not give permission. Later on the same site, the Calico Dome was constructed.
Gautam Sarabhai and his team designed the Calico Dome, inspired by Buckminster Fuller's geodesic domes. The dome housed the showroom and shop for Calico Mills, which opened in 1962. The first fashion show in Ahmedabad was organised in the Dome. Indian actress Parveen Babi took part in shows in the 1970s when she was a student.
The mills and shops closed in the 1990s and the dome went into disrepair. In the 2001 earthquake, the centre of the dome collapsed and heavy rains damaged the interior of the underground shop. Later the dome collapsed completely. 
The Calico Dome was a five pointed geodesic dome instead of six or eight, as generally seen. The points were supported by steel pillars and tubes. The dome, spread over 12 metres, provided shade for the underground shop and showroom.
AMC will restore the structure in two phases, first the basement at a cost of ₹ 4.2 million and then the dome at Rs6–7 million. It will cost Rs12 to 15 million in total. CEPT was roped in for suggestions. In January 2013, its restoration of base (Phase I) started, which was completed in fifteen months. In January 2015, AMC issued tenders for preparation of restoration proposal (Phase II).
- Pandya, Yatin (15 November 2009). "Calico dome: Crumbling crown of architecture". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- "Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation issues tender for Calico dome's repair". The Times of India. 26 April 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Shastri, Parth (16 October 2011). "Calico Dome: The icon of its time". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- "Calico Dome set for makeover Cept, AMC To Build Replica of Structure". The Times of India. 16 October 2011. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Calico Dome: Glorious past, restoring future". Daily News and Analysis. Ahmedabad. 20 January 2013. Retrieved 29 March 2013.