This is an old revision of this page, as edited by BD2412 at 02:05, 9 January 2016 (→Administration: minor fixes, mostly disambig links using AWB). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .
|• Alcalde||Mario Olavarría Rodríguez (UDI)|
|• Total||971.2 km2 (375.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||620 m (2,030 ft)|
|• Density||80/km2 (210/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (CLT )|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (CLST )|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Municipality of Colina|
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Colina spans an area of 52,769 km2 (20,374 sq mi) and has 77,815 inhabitants (41,004 men and 36,811 women). Of these, 62,811 (80.7%) lived in urban areas and 15,004 (19.3%) in rural areas. The population grew by 47.5% (25,046 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses. Average household income: US$19,783 (PPP, 2006).
As a commune, Colina is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2012-2016 alcalde is Mario Olavarría Rodríguez (UDI). The communal council has the following members:
- Gonzalo Torres Ferrari (RN)
- Alejandra Bravo Hidalgo (PRI)
- Andrés Vásquez Medina (PDC)
- Máximo Larraín Geisse (UDI)
- Jorge Boher Ferrada (UDI)
- Pablo Atenas Valenzuela (PDC)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Colina is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Mr. Patricio Melero (UDI) and Mr. Gabriel Silber (PDC) as part of the 16th electoral district, (together with Lampa, Tiltil, Quilicura and Pudahuel). The commune is represented in the Senate by Guido Girardi Lavín (PPD) and Jovino Novoa Vásquez (UDI) as part of the 7th senatorial constituency (Santiago-West).
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2015)
The Chamisero campus of the Lycée Antoine-de-Saint-Exupéry de Santiago is in Colina. The campus officially opened on May 21, 2013 although the maternelle (kindergarten) opened in February of that year.
- "Municipality of Colina" (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Gobierno de Chile: Intendentes" (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- "Home." Lycée Antoine-de-Saint-Exupéry de Santiago. Retrieved on 19 January 2015. "Av. Luis Pasteur 5418 - Vitacura - Santiago - Chili" and "Av. Chamisero 14397 – Chamisero Colina – Chili"
- "Historique." Lycée Antoine-de-Saint-Exupéry de Santiago. Retrieved on 19 January 2015.
- (in Spanish) Municipality of Colina