Deerfield Township, Fulton County, Illinois
Location in Fulton County
Fulton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||34.33 sq mi (88.9 km2)|
|• Land||34.17 sq mi (88.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.16 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.47%|
|Elevation||640 ft (195 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||7.6/sq mi (2.9/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
61415, 61427, 61431, 61432, 61477, 61520
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.33 square miles (88.9 km2), of which 34.17 square miles (88.5 km2) (or 99.53%) is land and 0.16 square miles (0.41 km2) (or 0.47%) is water.
- Midway is a small settlement south of Wiley church.
- Wiley was a town Emsley Wiley set a side 1-acre (4,000 m2) for a school & meeting house. He platted a city to be named Wiley but it did not materialize. His dream of a school & meeting house did and in 1839 the first rude log school was built. In 1844 Mr. & Mrs. Wiley sold their land & moved farther west, In 1880 the Wiley Lutheran Church was organized & still exists today along with the cemetery.
- Westminster was a paper town founded by David Everly after they moved here coming from the east. Only 3 lots were sold but the village never materialized and so ceased to exist.
The township contains these four cemeteries: Dickson, Wiley, Lamb & Roberts.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Bushnell Prairie City Community Unit School District 170
- Community Unit School District 3 Fulton City
- Spoon River Valley Community Unit School District 4
- Illinois' 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- "Deerfield Township, Fulton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.