Disney XD (Latin America)
|Launched||November 8, 1996 (Fox Kids)
July 31, 2004 (Jetix)
July 3, 2009 (Disney XD)
|Owned by||The Walt Disney Company Latin America|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV), 1080i (HDTV only in Brazil)|
Portuguese (Brazilian feed only)
English (only via SAP audio track)
|Broadcast area||Latin America|
|Headquarters||Buenos Aires, Argentina
São Paulo, Brazil
Mexico City, Mexico
|Formerly called||Fox Kids (1996–2004)
|Sister channel(s)||Disney Channel
|SKY Mexico||Channel 311 (north feed)|
|Dish Network Mexico||Channel 304 (north feed)|
|DirecTV LA||Channel 316|
|Telefónica TV Digital||Channel 307 (central feed)|
|SKY Brazil||Channel 93|
|Telefônica TV Digital||Channel 320|
|Via Embratel||Channel 94|
|Oi TV||Channel 106|
|GVT TV||Channel 24|
|Unicable (Venezuela)||Channel 23|
|Multicanal (Argentina)||Channel 26|
|Cablevisión (Mexico)||Channel 320|
|AMNET Televisión||Channel 53|
|VTR Chile||Channel 7|
|Flow Trinidad||Channel 118|
Disney XD is a cable television channel and is an edition of The Walt Disney Company-owned Disney XD broadcasting to Latin America and the Caribbean. It was launched on November 8, 1996 as The Fox Kids Network. The network took on its current name on July 3, 2009. It is broadcast in five feeds, North Zone, Central Zone, Pacific Zone, South Zone, and Brazil Zone. It features male-focused series along with action, comedy and animated series. It is marketed to boys, girl inclusive, from 6 to 14. It is operated in the region by Disney & ESPN Media Networks and The Walt Disney Company Latin America, which are owned by The Walt Disney Company.
The channel launched on November 8, 1996 as Fox Kids. On July 31, 2004 Jetix and new feeds were launched. A Brazil feed was introduced on August 1, 2004. In 2008 Disney announced the rebrand and on May 2009 a date was set. On July 3, 2009 the channel rebranded as Disney XD. On January 18, 2010 another feed was introduced. The channel recently launched in HD in Brazil.
Disney XD Latin America is divided into five different feeds for its transmission in the region:
- Brazil: Aired in Brazil in Portuguese.
- Central: Aired in Colombia, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, and Central America.
- North: Aired in Mexico.
- Pacific: Aired in Chile, Peru, Ecuador, and Bolivia.
- South: Aired in Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay.
These are the shows broadcast on Disney XD Latin America.
- Exclusivo ANMTV: Llega Disney XD y te presentamos toda su programación – Anime, Manga y TV. Anmtvla.com. Retrieved on 2011-04-09.
- Disney XD llega a América Latina y reemplazará a Jetix – Anime, Manga y TV. Anmtvla.com. Retrieved on 2011-04-09.
- Exclusivo ANMTV: Disney XD ya tiene fecha de estreno – Anime, Manga y TV. Anmtvla.com. Retrieved on 2011-04-09.