|Genre||Software Security Assurance|
|Founder||Ted Schlein of Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers, Mike Armistead, Brian Chess, Arthur Do, Roger Thornton|
|John M. Jack (former CEO), Jacob West (head of Security Research Group), Brian Chess (former Chief Scientist), Arthur Do (former Chief Architect)|
|Website||Micro Focus Security|
Micro Focus Fortify Software Security Center Server
Fortify Software, later known as Fortify Inc., is a California-based software security vendor, founded in 2003 and acquired by Hewlett-Packard in 2010 to become part of HP Enterprise Security Products.
Fortify offerings included Static Application Security Testing and Dynamic Application Security Testing products, as well as products and services that support Software Security Assurance. As of February 2011, Fortify sells Fortify OnDemand, a static and dynamic application testing service.
On September 7, 2016, HPE CEO Meg Whitman announced that the software assets of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, including Fortify, would be merged with Micro Focus to create an independent company of which HP Enterprise shareholders would retain majority ownership.
Micro Focus CEO Kevin Loosemore called the transaction "entirely consistent with our established acquisition strategy and our focus on efficient management of mature infrastructure products" and indicated that Micro Focus intended to "bring the core earnings margin for the mature assets in the deal - about 80 percent of the total - from 21 percent today to Micro Focus's existing 46 percent level within three years." The merge concluded on September 1, 2017.
Technical advisory board
- "HP Completes Acquisition of Fortify Software, Accelerating Security Across the Application Life Cycle". September 22, 2010. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Roberts, Paul (April 5, 2004). "Software Searches for Security Flaws". PCWorld.com. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Wagner, Jim (April 5, 2004). "A New Approach to Fortify Your Software". Internetnews.com. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- "HP Fortify Static Code Analyzer". Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- "HP Unveils Real-Time Application Security Testing Tool". DarkReading.com. July 14, 2011. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Reitano, Victoria (February 15, 2011). "HP builds up its Security-as-a-Service". SD Times. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Sandle, Paul; Baker, Liana B. (September 7, 2016). "HP Enterprise strikes $8.8 billion deal with Micro Focus for software assets". Reuters. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- "Quality and Security for Open source Community". Archived from the original on December 16, 2016. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- "HP Fortify Taxonomy: Software Security Errors". Archived from the original on November 27, 2012. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Chess, Brian; Lee, Fredrick DeQuan; West, Jacob (October 10, 2007). "Attacking the Build through Cross-Build Injection". Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Madou, Matias; Lee, Edward; West, Jacob; Chess, Brian (2008). "Watch What You Write: Preventing Cross-Site Scripting by Observing Program Output" (PDF). Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- "Dynamic taint propagation: Finding vulnerabilities without attacking". Information Security Tech. 13 (1): 33–39. January 2008. doi:10.1016/j.istr.2008.02.003. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Official website
- Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing
- Joy, Bill (September 26, 2006). "Software Isn't Complete Unless It's Secure". BusinessWeek. Retrieved December 17, 2018.