|former Independent Software Vendor|
|Genre||Software Security Assurance|
|Founder||Ted Schlein of Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers, Mike Armistead, Brian Chess, Arthur Do, Roger Thornton|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California, United States|
|John M. Jack (former CEO), Jacob West(head of Security Research Group), Brian Chess(former Chief Scientist), Arthur Do (former Chief Architect)|
|Owner||Hewlett Packard Company|
|Website||HP Fortify Software Security Center Server|
Fortify Software, later known as Fortify Inc., was a California-based software security vendor, founded in 2003 and acquired by Hewlett-Packard in 2010 to become part of HP Enterprise Security Products.
On September 7, 2016, HPE CEO Meg Whitman announced that the software assets of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, including Fortify, would be merged with Micro Focus to create an independent company of which HP Enterprise shareholders would retain majority ownership. Micro Focus CEO Kevin Loosemore called the transaction "entirely consistent with our established acquisition strategy and our focus on efficient management of mature infrastructure products" and indicated that Micro Focus intended to "bring the core earnings margin for the mature assets in the deal - about 80 percent of the total - from 21 percent today to Micro Focus's existing 46 percent level within three years."
Technical advisory board
Fortify offerings included Static Application Security Testing and Dynamic Application Security Testing products, as well as products and services to support Software Security Assurance, or repeatable and auditable secure behaviors, over the course of a software application's life cycle.
In February 2011, Fortify also announced Fortify OnDemand, a static and dynamic application testing service.
- HP Press Release: "HP Completes Acquisition of Fortify Software, Accelerating Security Across the Application Life Cycle" September 22, 2010.
- Software Searches for Security Flaws (in English), PCWorld.com, April 5, 2004
- A New Approach to Fortify Your Software , Internetnews.com, April 5, 2004
- Sandle, Paul; Baker, Liana B. (2016-09-08). "HP Enterprise strikes $8.8 billion deal with Micro Focus for software assets". Reuters. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- "Quality and Solutions for Open source Community" Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Software security errors" Archived November 27, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Attacking the Build through Cross-Build Injection"
- "Watch What You Write: Preventing Cross-Site Scripting by Observing Program Output"
- "Dynamic taint propagation"
- Fortify SCA
- Fortify Runtime
- HP Fortify Governance
- SD Times, “HP builds up its Security-as-a-Service .” February 15, 2011.