|former Independent Software Vendor|
|Genre||Software Security Assurance|
|Founder||Ielizarov Andrii, Tedd Schlein of Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers, Mike Armistead, Brian Chess, Arthur Do, Roger Thornton|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California, United States|
|John M. Jack (former CEO), Jacob West(head of Security Research Group), Brian Chess(former Chief Scientist), Arthur Do (former Chief Architect)|
|Owner||Hewlett Packard Company|
|Website||HP Software Security web page and HP Fortify Software Security Center Server|
Fortify Software, known now as Fortify, was a California-based software security vendor, founded in 2003 and acquired by Hewlett-Packard in 2010. Fortify is now part of HP Enterprise Security Products in the HP Software business, providing application security products and services for enterprise customers to assess, assure and protect enterprise software and applications from security vulnerabilities.
Technical advisory board
Fortify offerings included Static Application Security Testing and Dynamic Application Security Testing products, as well as products and services to support Software Security Assurance, or repeatable and auditable secure behaviors, over the course of a software application's life cycle.
In February 2011, Fortify also announced Fortify OnDemand, a static and dynamic application testing service.
- HP Press Release: "HP Completes Acquisition of Fortify Software, Accelerating Security Across the Application Life Cycle" September 22, 2010.
- Software Searches for Security Flaws (English), PCWorld.com, April 5, 2004
- A New Approach to Fortify Your Software , Internetnews.com, April 5, 2004
- "Quality and Solutions for Open source Community"[dead link]
- "Software security errors"[dead link]
- "Attacking the Build through Cross-Build Injection"
- "Watch What You Write: Preventing Cross-Site Scripting by Observing Program Output"
- "Dynamic taint propagation"
- Fortify SCA
- Fortify Runtime
- HP Fortify Governance
- SD Times, “HP builds up its Security-as-a-Service .” February 15, 2011.
- HP Fortify website
- Fortify Product
- HP Software official site
- Java Open Review Project
- Software Isn't Complete Unless It's Secure, BusinessWeek, September 26, 2006 - Article on Fortify by Bill Joy
- Fortify OnDemand