OXO (kitchen utensils brand)
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, United States|
|Products||Good Grips, Soft Works, Steel, Candela, Touchables|
Number of employees
|Parent||Helen of Troy Limited|
OXO was founded by Sam Farber, an entrepreneur in the housewares industry, and his son, John Farber. Sam Farber chose the name "OXO" as an ambigram that renders the three letters in "OXO" the same regardless of their orientation, either horizontal or vertically. Noticing that his wife, Betsy, who suffered from mild arthritis in her hands, was having difficulty gripping ordinary kitchen tools, he saw an opportunity to create more comfortable cooking tools that would benefit users. The first group of 15 OXO Good Grips kitchen tools were introduced to the U.S. market at the Gourmet Products Show in San Francisco, California, in 1990.
Sam Farber sold OXO to General Housewares Corporation in 1992. General Housewares Corporation was acquired by World Kitchen LLc. in 2000. In June 2004, Helen of Troy Limited bought OXO housewares for $273.2 million.
OXO offers over 850 products, covering many areas of the home.
- Cooking tools
- Household cleaning tools
- Baby and toddler products
- Bath cleaning tools and accessories
- Bar ware
- Storage and organization products
- Office products
- "FAQs". OXO. Retrieved 2017-10-11.
- "Samuel Farber, developer of kitchen utensils, dies at 88". United Press International. 2013-06-22. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- Fox, Margalit (2013-06-21). "Sam Farber, Creator of Oxo Utensils, Dies at 88". New York Times. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- Ashworth, Will. "Helen Of Troy's Winning Acquisitions". investopedia.com. investopedia. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "About OXO". Retrieved 13 Feb 2011.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|