Map of Azerbaijan showing Goranboy rayon
|• Total||1,790 km2 (690 sq mi)|
|Telephone code||(+994) 22|
Goranboy is a rayon of Azerbaijan. During the Soviet era the region was best known for the oil-cure sanatorium resort of Naftalan, though administratively Naftalan technically counts as an independent city. Naftalan is now starting to operate again following several years of virtual inaction when the resorts were filled with refugees from the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Following fighting during the 1991–1992 a small strip in the south of the rayon is controlled by Armenians of Nagorno-Karabakh. The southern half of the rayon is claimed by the self-declared Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (now the Artsakh Republic) as the district of Shahumian.  
Goranboy region was established as an administrative district with the administrative territorial division of the Republic by Decree of the Central Executive Committee of the Azerbaijan SSR dated 8 August 1930. Goranboy region was established as an administrative district with the administrative territorial division of the Republic by Decree of the Central Executive Committee of the Azerbaijan SSR dated 8 August 1930. As well as, in the same year, the Lower Ağcakand district was established at the Upper and Lower Aghcakand region, including the Gulustan area of the region due to the historical lands of the district by Decision 477 of the Executive Committee. 
There are 30 pre-school children enterprises, 80 secondary schools, 1 technical, secondary and vocational schools in Goranboy region. 
Teachers examination in Barda city was held in April 2017, according to the Decree of the Minister of Education of 7 October 2016, in connection with the execution of the Order No. 999 of the President of the Republic dated 16 January 2015. 2433 teachers participated in this examination. 
- Khankarvend village mosque located Goranboy region was built in 2007 by local residents. 
- Khudu baba Mausoleum is located in the Safikurd village of Goranboy. 
- Gulustan Fortress 
- "Şəhərlərarası telefon kodları". Aztelekom MMC. Aztelekom İB. Retrieved 19 August 2015. (in Azerbaijani)
- "REFUGEES & INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS (IDPS) IN THE SOUTH CAUCASUS" (PDF).
- "STATE PROGRAM On Inmprovement of Living Conditions of Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons and Employment Promotion".
- "History of Goranboy district".
- "Political division, population size and structure: Population by towns and regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan".
- "Goranboy region".
- "Education of Goranboy".
- "Bərdədə müəllimlərin diaqnostik qiymətləndirilməsinə başlanılıb - Teachers examination started in Barda".
- "Religious communities of Azerbaijan".
- "Monuments of Goranboy". Azerbaijan National Library.
- "Historical monuments".
|This Goranboy Rayon location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|