Uttar Pradesh Textile Technology Institute
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Director||Dr. D.B. Shakyawar|
|Location||Souterganj, Kanpur-208 001, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Affiliations||Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow (formerly UPTU)|
Uttar Pradesh Textile Technology Institute (earlier known as Government Central Textile Institute), Kanpur is a premier Textile Institute of North India offering professional degrees of Bachelors and Masters of Technology, in branches of Textile Technology, Textile Chemistry and Man Made Fibre Technology, to students selected through a State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) conducted by Uttar Pradesh Technical University, every year. It made a modest start in 1914.
In 1937, Government Central Textile Institute came into existence in its present form by merger of two premier textile institutes: one at Kanpur and the other at Roorkee, i.e., Department of Textile Technology, Thomson Civil Engineering College of Roorkee. Diploma programmes were started in Textile Manufacture and Chemical Technology.
In 1958/59 four-year degree programmes in Textile Technology & Textile Chemistry were started. Initially the institute was affiliated to Agra University. On establishment of the university in Kanpur in 1966 it got affiliated to Kanpur University. In 1976/77 the institute pioneered a four-year degree programme in man-made fibre technology. In 1985 the three-year diploma programmes were shifted to Government Polytechnic Kanpur and thereafter the institute has been running graduate and postgraduate programmes with Ph.D. research facilities. The fourth degree programme in Textile Engineering was added under a World Bank-aided Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme of government of India and government of state of Uttar Pradesh in 2005.
The institute is organized into four textile departments along with departments of Basic Sciences and Engineering. All textile departments offer B.Tech. degree and Textile Technology and Textile Chemistry departments offer M.Tech degree. Facilities for doctorate level research exist in all departments.
The Institute has qualified faculty to cater to the need of the students:
- 1. Dr. D. B. Shakyawar (Director) - Man Made Fibre Technology
- 2. Prof Pramod Kumar - Textile Technology
- 3. Prof Mahendra Uttam - Textile Technology
- 4. Dr. Alok Kumar - Textile Technology
- 5. Dr. Abha Bhargva - Textile Chemistry
- 6. Prof Alka Ali - Textile Chemistry
- 7. Prof A.K.S. Gangwar -Textile Engineering
- 8. Dr. Prasant - Man Made Fibre Technology
- 9. Dr. Mukesh Kr.Singh (First) - Textile Technology
- 10. Prof Indra Prakash Mishra- Engineering Department
- 11. Dr. Mukesh Kr. Singh (Second) - Basic Sciences and Humanities
- 12. Prof Sanjeev Kr. Rajpoot - Textile Chemistry
- 13. Dr. Jitendra Pratap Singh - Textile Technology
- 14. Dr. Devendra Prasad - Basic Sciences and Humanities
- 15. Prof Shiv Govind Prasad - Basic Sciences and Humanities
- 16. Prof Jitendra Kr. Gautam - Engineering Department
- 17. Dr. Neelu Kambo - Basic Sciences and Humanities
Undergraduate Programmes (B.Tech):
- Textile Technology
- Textile Chemistry
- Man-Made Fiber Technology
- Textile Engineering
Post graduate Programmes (M.Tech):
- Textile Technology
- Textile Chemistry
- Institute also offers some Doctoral programmes.
100 years celebration
Eminent persons associated with the textile industry of the country, attended the centenary functions of Government Central Textile Institute (GCTI) on 1 and 2 November 2014
- Weaving Workshop
- Spinning Workshop
- Dyeing Workshop
- Man Made Fibre Technology Workshop
- Knitting Workshop
- Mechanical Workshop
- Electrical Lab
- Mechanical Lab
- Information Technology Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Physics Lab
- Chemical Technology Lab
Other Centralised Facilities:
- Centralized Computing Facility
- Internet and Intranet
- Wi- Fi Enabled Campus
- "Institutions which helped". Livemint.
- "Autonomous status to the State Central Textile Institute, Kanpur". The Times of India. 20 June 2003.
- "Premier Institutes of Kanpur". IIT Kanpur,Infocell.
- "Centenary functions of Government Central Textile Institute". The Times of India. 31 October 2014.
- "About,G.C.T.I.,Kanpur". campusoption.com.
- "Merging of Textile Institutes". Tech Education, Singh & Sudarshan.
- "Rs 5 crore from the World Bank". Hindustan Times. 2006.
- "Centenary celebrations".
|This article about a university or college in Uttar Pradesh, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|