This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Nickname(s): Saifai village|
|• Type||Panchayat Raj|
|• Body||Gram Panchayat|
|• Gram Pradhan (Village head)||Darshan Singh Yadav|
|• Village||8.8747 km2 (3.4265 sq mi)|
|Elevation||102 m (335 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi (हिन्दी)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha Constituency||Mainpuri|
|Vidhan Sabha Constituency||Jaswantnagar|
State Highway 83 (Uttar Pradesh)
Saifai is a town in the Etawah district and Mainpuri Parliamentary constituency of Indian state Uttar Pradesh. It is also a Sub-Division (Tehsil) and Block (Kshetra Panchayat) of the Etawah district. It is the birthplace of Mulayam Singh Yadav, founding president of Samajwadi Party, former Minister of Defence and former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. According to newspaper The Hindu, Saifai is in a process to establish itself as a sports and education hub in the state.
- 1 Geography
- 2 Saifai Tehsil and Block
- 3 Education
- 4 Transport
- 5 Census 2011
- 6 Stadiums
- 7 Saifai Mahotsav
- 8 Notable individuals
- 9 Nearby Cities
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Saifai is situated in Etawah district at the border with Mainpuri district. Area of Saifai village is 887.47 hectares and area of Saifai Block (Kshetra Panchayat) is 20,403.30 hectares. It is located 23 km towards North from District headquarters and nearest city Etawah. Mainpuri is located 32 km away from Saifai. It is about 110 km away from historic city of Taj Mahal, Agra and 230 km from State capital Lucknow.
Saifai Tehsil and Block
Saifai is a Sub-Division(Tehsil) and Block (Kshetra Panchayat) of Etawah district, Uttar Pradesh. There are about 60 villages in Saifai block. Saifai Block (Kshetra Panchayat) comes under Jaswantnagar Vidhan Sabha constituency and Mainpuri Lok Sabha constituency.
- Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences (formerly U.P. Rural Institute of Medical Sciences and Research) a medical research public university established by Government of Uttar Pradesh under Act,15 of 2016. The University is running full-fledged Medical College, Paramedical College, Nursing College, Pharmacy College, Multi Specialty 850 bedded hospital and 150 bedded trauma and burn centre. 500 bedded super specialty hospital is being established in the University by Government of Uttar Pradesh with budget of Rs. 650 crores.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Post Graduate College, Heonra-Saifai, Etawah or Chaudhary Charan Singh Degree College, a college offering under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Science, Arts, Commerce, Computer, Management, Education and Physical Education faculties. The College is situated in Heonra village which is part of Saifai Block(Kshetra Panchayat) and neighbour village of Saifai village.
- Major Dhyan Chand Sports College, Saifai, a residential sports college established in 2014. It offers teaching from 6th to 12th standard and sports training in cricket, football, hockey, wrestling, athletics, badminton, swimming and kabaddi.
- Government Industrial Training Institute, Saifai or Government ITI is a multi-disciplinary industrial training institute (ITI) focusing on actionable engineering programs situated in Saifai.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Heonra-Saifai, Etawah is offering under-graduate course in Law faculty. The College is situated in Heonra village which is part of Saifai Block(Kshetra Panchayat) and neighbour village of Saifai village.
- S.S. Memorial Educational Academy, Saifai offers 2 year B.T.C. which is now known as Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) in Uttar Pradesh.
- S.S. Memorial Senior Secondary Public School, Saifai, a co-ed institiute with English as the medium of instruction. The school is affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi and NCERT published books are introduced form class VI and onwards.
- Amitabh Bachchan Government Inter College, Saifai, a state run Government Inter College for boys, established in 1997
- Government Girls Inter College, Saifai, a state run Government Inter College for girls.
- Sughar Singh Memorial Shiksha Niketan Inter College, Saifai, is an Inter College in Saifai affected to U.P. Board.
- Abhinav Vidyalaya, Saifai, an upcoming school by government of Uttar Pradesh in Saifai with a modern design on lines of private convent schools.
- Sports Authority of India (SAI) Training Centre, Saifai is a sports training centre of Sports Authority of India in Saifai's Master Chandgi Ram Sports Stadium campus. It offers residential training in Athletics, Field hockey, Handball and Wrestling and non-residential training in Shooting.
- Cooperative Management Training Centre, Heonra (Saifai), Etawah is a Management Training Centre run by Uttar Pradesh Cooperative Union. It offers 4 months training in account auditing and cooperative law.
- PNB Farmers' Training Centre, Saifai (Etawah) run by Punjab National Bank Farmers' Welfare Trust is a training centre which focuses on rural areas.
Saifai village is connected to Mainpuri and Etawah by a four-lane State Highway 83 (Uttar Pradesh). Agra-Lucknow Expressway is passing near to Saifai, giving it express connectivity to Delhi, Agra, Kannauj and Lucknow. Saifai also has a bus station, owned and operated by Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation at which UPSRTC buses are available to all major destinations of the state.
|Train No.||Train Name||Arrival||Departure||Days||Platform No.||Destination|
|71910||Mainpuri - Agra Cantt. DEMU (via Etawah, Bateshwar)||05:13||05:14||Daily||Platform No. 1||Agra Cantt.|
|71909||Agra Cantt. - Mainpuri DEMU (via Bateshwar, Etawah)||21:11||21:12||Daily||Platform No. 1||Mainpuri|
There is an airstrip situated at Saifai's nearby village Hardoi. This airstrip was defunct, but is being repaired during the governorship of the Samajwadi Party. The airport has only unscheduled chartered flights.
In 2015, Mirage 2000 aircraft of Indian Air Force have been operating from the airstrip, testing grounds for possible development of this airport in case of emergency, like a war. In 2018, Indian Air Force did their second practice exercise at Saifai Airstrip.
According to Census 2011, Saifai is a large village located in Etawah district, Uttar Pradesh with total 1481 families residing. The Saifai village has population of 7141 of which 3917 are males while 3224 are females as per Population Census 2011.
In Saifai village population of children with age 0-6 is 1059 which makes up 14.83% of total population of village. Average Sex Ratio of Saifai village is 823 which is lower than Uttar Pradesh state average of 912. Child Sex Ratio for the Saifai as per census is 912, higher than Uttar Pradesh average of 902.
Saifai village has higher literacy rate compared to Uttar Pradesh. In 2011, literacy rate of Saifai village was 82.44% compared to 67.68% of Uttar Pradesh. In Saifai, Male literacy stands at 89.27% while female literacy rate was 74.00%.
Block (Vikas Khand/Kshetra Panchayat)
According to Census 2011, Saifai has 19,578 families residing. The Saifai Block (Vikas Khand/Kshetra Panchayat) has population of 1,12,620 of which 60,479 are males while 52,141 are females as per Population Census 2011.
Saifai is in the process of establishing itself as a sports hub in the State. Saifai has two Sports Complexes.
- International Sports Stadium, Saifai with an athletics stadium, an indoor stadium, an indoor swimming pool and under constriction international cricket stadium.
- Chandgi Ram Sports Complex, which is an international-level sports complex having a hockey pitch, a badminton hall and a swimming pool. Chandgi Ram Sports Complex is named after Haryanvi wrestler Chandgi Ram.
Saifai Mahotsav (official name Ranveer Singh Smriti Saifai Mahotsav) was an annual 15-day cultural fair organised from 1997 to 2015 annually by Ranveer Singh Smriti Saifai Mahotsav committee. It was famous for participation of bollywood celebrities at closing ceremony. It was started in 1997 by Late Ranveer Singh Yadav, nephew of Mulayam Singh Yadav and father of Tej Pratap Singh Yadav (MP from Mainpuri) as a small village fair named Saifai Mahotsav which was renamed as Ranveer Singh Smriti Saifai Mahotsav after his death in 2002. The closing ceremony which was also known as Bollywood Night was often turn into controversial event due to participation of bollywood celebrities. It used to takes place in Saifai village every year during December and January months. Organisation of Saifai Mahotsav was cancelled in 2016 during Samajwadi Party's government and it was not organised ever again.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav, founder president of Samajwadi Party, former Minister of Defence (India) & former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Akhilesh Yadav, 20th Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Dimple Yadav, Member of Parliament
- Shivpal Singh Yadav, a former Cabinet Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Dharmendra Yadav, Member of Parliament
- Tej Pratap Singh Yadav, Member of Parliament
- "Darshan Singh Yadav Elected As Gram Pradhan Of Saifai". अमर उजाला (in Hindi). 26 November 2015.
- "Saifai Village Population - Saifai, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh". census2011.co.in.
- "Neighbours' Envy: Remarkable growth of Saifai has left other villages feeling left out". 18 January 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Saifai: Medical varsity in Mulayam village gets Governor's nod". 3 May 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- Ganesan, Uthra (5 May 2016). "In the middle of nowhere, Saifai attempts to emerge as a major sporting hub". Thehindu.com. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "DISTRICT CENSUS HANDBOOK ETAWAH" (PDF). censusindia.gov.in.
- "Saifai Tehsil/Block". villageinfo.in.
- "रिम्स सैफ़ई बना आयुर्विज्ञान विश्वविद्यालय". अमर उजाला (in हिन्दी). 6 June 2016.
- "UP govt to establish medical science university in Saifai". Business Standard. 13 March 2015.
- "सैफ़ई मेडिकल यूनिवर्सिटी को गवर्नर का ओके". NBT (in Hindi). 3 May 2016.
- "www.ccspg.org (Website of Chaudhary Charan Singh Post Graduate College)". Chaudhary Charan Singh Post Graduate College.
- "Colleges in ETAWAH DISTRICT". Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University.
- "List of Law Colleges having approval of affiliation of the Bar Council of India" (PDF). Bar Council of India.
- "www.ssmssps.com (Website of S.S. Memorial Senior Secondary Public School)". S.S. Memorial Senior Secondary Public School.
- "इटावा-मैनपुरी रेलवे ट्रैक पर जल्द दौड़ेगा इंजन". दैनिक जागरण (in Hindi). 24 February 2016.
- "Mulayam's Saifai plays host to fighter planes". THE TIMES OF INDIA. 19 August 2015.
- "Indian Air Force will practice at Saifai Airstrip, second time". state highway 83 (blog). 13 April 2018.
- Official website of Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences, Saifai
- Official website of Chaudhary Charan Singh Post Graduate College, Heonra-Saifai
- Official website of Saifai Sports College, Saifai
- Official website of S.S. Memorial Educational Academy, Saifai
- Official website of S.S. Memorial Senior Secondary Public School, Saifai