|Place of origin||Mexico|
|Main ingredients||Tortillas, eggs, salsa, refried beans, avocado or guacamole|
Huevos rancheros (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈweβoz ranˈtʃeɾos], 'ranch-style eggs') is a breakfast dish consisting of eggs served in the style of the traditional large mid-morning fare on rural Mexican farms.
The basic dish consists of fried eggs served on lightly fried or charred corn or flour tortillas topped with a pico de gallo made of tomatoes, chili peppers, onion, and cilantro. Common accompaniments include refried beans, Mexican-style rice, and guacamole or slices of avocado, with cilantro as a garnish.
As the dish spread beyond Mexico, variations using wheat flour tortillas instead of corn, and pureed chili or enchilada sauce instead of tomato-chili pico de gallo, have appeared. Non-Mexican additions such as cheese, sour cream, and lettuce also have become common additions beyond the dish's native range.
- Kuhn, Shannon (April 4, 2013). "Another day at the ranch". Anchorage Press. Archived from the original on August 6, 2014.
- Lin, Andrea (February 17, 2012). "Good Morning, Sunshine". Albuquerque Journal. Archived from the original on March 21, 2016. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- John Tissot (1998). Around the World on a Breakfast Tray. Nova Publishers. pp. 59–61. ISBN 9781560723219. Retrieved 14 June 2018.
- Victoria Wise & Susanna Hoffman (1990). The Well-filled Tortilla Cookbook. Workman Publishing. p. 234. ISBN 9780894803642. Retrieved 14 June 2018.
- Dona Savitsky & Thomas Schnetz (2006). Dona Tomas: Discovering Authentic Mexican Cooking. Random House Digital, Inc. pp. 42–44. ISBN 9781580086042. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Rick Bayless, JeanMarie Brownson & Deann Groen Bayless (1996). Rick Bayless's Mexican Kitchen. New York, New York (USA): Scribner. pp. 270–271. ISBN 978-0684800066.
- DeWitt, Dave. "How to order enchiladas in Santa Fe". Fiery Foods (blog). Archived from the original on 2012-03-06. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- Ingrid Hoffmann (2013). Latin D'Lite: Deliciously Healthy Recipes With a Latin Twist. Penguin. ISBN 9781101615263. Retrieved 14 June 2018.
- Leonard, Jonathan Norton, (1968) Latin-American Cooking, Time-Life Books
- Ortiz, Elizabeth Lambert, (1967) The Complete Book of Mexican Cooking, M. Evans and Co. ISBN 0-87131-333-2
- Paddleford, Clementine, (1960) How America Eats, Charles Scribner's Sons