Jibber Jabber (TV series)
|Genre||Animated television series|
|Created by||David Bowes|
|Directed by||David Bowes|
|Composer(s)||Michael Richard Plowman|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Northwest Imaging and FX|
Jibber Jabber Toons Ltd.
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Original release||September 3 – December 7, 2007|
Jibber Jabber is a Canadian children's television series about twin brothers, Jibber and Jabber, who like to imagine things.
Jibber Jabber is computer animated by Northwest Imaging and FX (NWFX), a visual effects and animation company based in Vancouver), in association with Jibber Jabber Toons Ltd. for YTV in Monday, September 3, 2007. The series was the inaugural project for NWFX's animation division, and the company hired 25 full-time animators and added 17 Autodesk Maya 3D workstations specifically for the series. Although the entire series is computer-animated, it is rendered to resemble traditional stop-motion animation.
- Jibber and Jabber: The titular protagonists of the series, Jibber and Jabber are seven-year-old fraternal (non-identical) twins. They have very active imaginations, and both share the same vision of their adventures. Jibber is distinguished by always wearing a red shirt and having dark brown hair and Jabber is characterised as wearing a green shirt and having strawberry blonde hair.
- Jessica: Jibber and Jabber's older sister, who usually figures as an antagonist in the boys' imaginary adventures. In real life, she is exasperated and embarrassed by their actions, particularly when her best friend Marcy is around.
- Jelly Roll: Jibber, Jabber and Jessica's dog. He is usually an oblivious participant in Jibber and Jabber's adventures.
- Marcy: Jessica's best friend.
- Mom and Dad: Jibber, Jabber and Jessica's parents, they are never seen in the show but can be heard occasionally their hands can be seen.
- Squirrel: He is seen in some episodes but is rarely seen by Jibber and Jabber. He is an enemy of Jelly Roll by constantly stealing Jelly's food and he is seen once with another squirrel.
Imaginary adventures types
- Kung Fu
- Terror Laboratory
- Goth Victorians
The series was produced as 26 segments of about 11 minutes each, which are generally broadcast as 13 half-hour episodes.
The series debuted on YTV in Monday, September 3, 2007. The series has also been sold to KI.KA (Germany), Disney XD (Latin America), TRT (Turkey), E-Junior and Al Jazeera Children's Channel (Middle East), RTP (Portugal), Arutz HaYeladim (Israel), BBC Alba (Scotland) and ABC (Australia).
In 2008, Jibber Jabber won four out of the five Leo Awards it was nominated for: Best Animation Program or Series; Best Overall Sound; Best Musical Score and Best Screenwriting. In 2009, the Production won a Pulcinella Award at Cartoons on the Bay, Italy for: Best Animated Character
- Bracken, Laura: Northwest Imaging & FX gets animated, Playback, October 16, 2006.
- Moody, Annemarie: Jibber Jabber Out To Imagine More Territories, Animation World Network, October 9, 2008.
- Moody, Annemarie: 2008 Leo Awards Honor Animated Jibber Jabber, Animation World Network, May 27, 2008.
- Cartoons on the Bay: Special Awards 2009