Julie Anne San Jose
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Julie Anne San Jose
Julie Anne San Jose in 2015.
|Birth name||Julie Anne Peñaflorida San Jose|
|Born||May 17, 1994|
Quezon City, Philippines
|Origin||Quezon City, Philippines|
|Genres||OPM, R&B, pop|
|Years active||1997-1999, 2006–present|
|Labels||GMA Records (2012–2017)|
GMA Artist Center (2005–present)
Universal Records (2017–present)
Julie Anne Peñaflorida San Jose (born May 17, 1994) is a Filipino singer, actress, model, composer, and television personality. San Jose is a recipient of the "Diamond Record Award" from the Philippine Association of the Record Industry for her album Julie Anne San Jose which sold more than 150,000 units in the Philippines Her second album entitled "Deeper" also gave her a Triple Platinum Award for reaching sales of more than 45,000 units in the Philippines.
Simply referred to as MYJAPS, she made a significant mark in the online world with Ustream sessions and YouTube covers that exceeded millions in views. Her cover of Nicki Minaj's "Super Bass" views are more than 20 million.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Discography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Awards/recognitions and nominations
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Julie Anne Penaflorida San Jose was Born on May 17, 1994 in Quezon City, Philippines to computer operator Jonathan Roque San Jose and instructor Marivic Camzon Peñaflorida. She is the Eldest to her two sister, Joanna Marie and Jac San Jose.
Early career: 2005–2009
At the age of three, San Jose had her first TV experience when she joined Eat Bulaga!'s "Little Miss Philippines". She also competed in Magandang Tanghali Bayan's Munting Miss U where she won third runner-up. She also appeared in a TV advertisement with Sharon Cuneta and The Children show called Batibot.
Popstar Kids / Sugarpop
San Jose did not pursue show business until 2005, when she joined Popstar Kids, a singing competition in QTV 11 (now GMA News TV) hosted by R&B singer-songwriter Kyla. Although San Jose did not win the grand prize, she became part of Sugarpop, the show's spin-off child singing group composed of her co-finalists Rita De Guzman (then known as Rita Iringan), Pocholo Bismonte, Renzo Almario, and Vanessa Rangadhol. Sugarpop released two studio albums, Sugar Pop and Sugar Pop Repackaged. The group also had a show on QTV 11 entitled Planet Q, where a young San Jose and her group mates showcased their hosting abilities. Sugarpop also performed weekly on the GMA-7's variety show, SOP.
Rise to stardom: 2010–2011
When SOP ended in 2010, San Jose joined its replacement show Party Pilipinas as a solo artist. As she evolved as a performer, San Jose was able to showcase her singing, dancing, and acting abilities onstage. San Jose was also paired with a then-budding artist and son of rapper, Elmo Magalona. Collectively, they were known as the musical tandem JuliElmo. While in Party Pilipinas, JuliElmo starred in five short films, the Red Mask Trilogy and Yellow Note 1 and 2, and the short musicals, Blue Jeans The Musical (2011), Elmo and Julie Anne: A Wazak Love Story (2012), and Status: It's Complicated (2013).
Julie Anne's career took a major leap when she joined GMA 7's Party Pilipinas. But she didn't rest on the laurels of her first minor showbiz victory â€” Julie Anne worked hard as a solo artist as well. Her YouTube video rendition of Nicki Minaj Super Bass became viral. Soon, Julie Anne became known as one of the most popular young singers in the Kapuso block â€” and, indeed, also the most promising. 
Multimedia artist: 2012-2015
In February 2012, San Jose signed an exclusive recording contract with GMA Records. Six months later, in August 2012, she released her eponymous debut album, Julie Anne San Jose, which later received numerous awards and is now a certified Diamond Record awardee. Her single, "I'll Be There", remains the only single certified quadruple platinum by the Philippine Association of the Record Industry (PARI). Currently, San Jose has released four singles from her album.
After having multiple support roles, in 2012 San Jose finally landed a lead role through the youth oriented weekly show Together Forever. She played the role of Antoinette Escueta, more popularly known as Toyang, a boyish daddy's girl who fell in love with her best friend.
In 2012, San Jose debuted as a movie actress through GMA Films' romantic summer film Just One Summer opposite her JuliElmo partner Elmo Magalona. She played the role of Maria Bettina "Beto" Reyes Salazar also sang the movie theme song "Bakit Ba Ganyan?" which was originally popularized by Dina Bonnevie. The film was directed by Mac Alejandre.
In 2013, San Jose had her first major solo concert at the Music Museum in Greenhills, San Juan City. This birthday concert entitled Julie Anne: It's My Time was a success with tickets sold out just five days after going on sale. Guests include the dance crew Addlib, Fliptop star Abra, Elmo Magalona and multi-faceted performer and good friend, Frencheska Farr. Musical direction was by Marc Lopez and concert director was Rico Gutierrez.
San Jose landed more television projects in GMA Network in the following years. She played the lead role in primetime drama series Kahit Nasaan Ka Man where she played a visually impaired but musically talented girl named Pauline Gomez. She was paired with Kristofer Martin who played her love interest. She was also part of the now defunct Sunday musical variety show Sunday All Stars as one of the lead performers. Her hosting skills were also showcased in her stint in the self-titled weekly dance show of Marian Rivera, Marian, alongside her co-host Christian Bautista. She also plays a recurring character named Nikki in Pepito Manaloto who is the love interest of Chito played by Jake Vargas.
In June 2014, San Jose released her second solo studio album, entitled Deeper via iTunes worldwide and spinnr.ph. Her sophomore album under GMA Records received a "Triple Plantinum" award from PARI in January 2016.
In December 2014, following the release of her sophomore album, San Jose had her second major concert entitled Julie Anne San Jose: Hologram at the Mall of Asia Arena. Guests include Sam Concepcion, Christian Bautista, Abra, Jonalyn Viray, and Frencheska Farr.
To cap her 2014, San Jose was part of the Metro Manila Film Festival film entry Kubot: The Aswang Chronicles 2 where she played the role of Stacey. Her co-stars include Dingdong Dantes, Isabelle Daza, Lotlot De Leon, Abra, among many other artists.
In 2015, San Jose released her digital single "Tidal Wave" which was arranged by Sidney Brown, better known as Omen, an American music producer from Harlem who has worked with artists such as Drake, Lil Wayne, and Ludacris. San Jose filmed three music videos in New York City and California in collaboration with Los Angeles-based company, VIM Entertainment Inc. The videos will be distributed worldwide by GMA Records.
Because of achieving a much sexier figure, she landed in FHM Philippines "100 Sexiest Women" list, where she ranked #60. San Jose was considered by FHM to pose for their cover along with Coleen Garcia and Nadine Lustre. San Jose also became the cover girl for the August 2015 issue of Preview (an FHM sister magazine) as part of their 20th anniversary.
In television April 2015, San Jose replaced Isabel Oli in GMA News TV's Day Off. She is joined by her co-hosts You're My Foreignay finalist Dasuri Choi and Boobay. With Pia Guanio's departure from 24 Oras "Chika Minute" segment, San Jose was given a short stint as interim "Chika Minute" anchor. San Jose was part of the afternoon soap Buena Familia alongside Kylie Padilla, Julian Trono, and Jake Vargas who is her current on-screen partner. And On August 2015, She is also became a part of the newest Sunday variety show Sunday PINASaya together with Marian Rivera, Ai-Ai delas Alas, Alden Richards, Jose Manalo, and Wally Bayola, among many others
On December 2015, Julie Anne San Jose received her Star for prestigious Walk Of Fame Award at EastWood Citywalk in Quezon City.. She Also bagged two major awards in the recently concluded 28th Awit Awards held at the Music Museum.. Wrapping up her 2015 a great year with New Shows and Awards
A Decade in the Industry: 2016-2018
On May 2016, Julie Anne Celebrated Two Big Milestone in her life as she Graduates in College and Celebrating a Decade in Showbiz. Julie Anne San Jose entered showbiz as a tween and hasn’t let go with success and fame since. Thus, it is no surprise that she’s set to celebrate her 10th anniversary with a major concert while others her age are practically just beginning to shine. After staging a successful 10th year anniversary concert, Julie Anne San Jose has bagged another achievement. The Kapuso singer-actress graduated from college today at Angelicum College with a Bachelor's Degree in Communication Arts. Four days before her graduation, Julie Anne posted her graduation photo, and on the caption recalled how she "juggled work and studies, yet managed to survive. I definitely have to say that it's all worth it." She also related that in her four and a half years in college, "I've learned that it pays not to worry so much about where you ranked but rather think about the joy you get with what you do." "There will always be tough times, regrets and failures as well as success, reward and happiness." she added. She then thanked everyone who helped and supported her as she balanced her work and studies. "It's been a long road but with hardwork and patience, anything is possible. This is certainly a huge milestone.. The tassel's worth the hassle," she concluded.
On July 2016, she released her third solo studio album, entitled Chasing the Light under GMA Records. Her album release event was held at SM Fairview Mall in the Philippines on July 17, 2016 with crowds of thousands in attendance. The album has been well received and continues to hold the top spot on iTunes PH albums. Chasing the Light features songwriting and a rap feature from Filipino-American hip hop artist and songwriter C-Tru on the tracks "Don't Make Me Wait", "Take Me To Nirvana" and "All About You".
In November 2016, Julie Anne is back at Concert Scene after five months celebrating her Successful 10th year Anniversary Concert at the same venue in Kia Theatre, this time as she join forces with Christian Bautista as they shared the Sold Out concert stage in When Julie Anne Meets Christian.
On January 2017, she got the lead role in the afternoon soap Pinulot Ka Lang sa Lupa as Santina Marquez she was also with Benjamin Alves, LJ Reyes, and Martin del Rosario. The show ended after its 11th week.
On June 2017, Julie Anne San Jose has been getting wows and is going viral online with her cover of the latest hit single "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber. The Viral Youtube Video Cover also lands a Feature from the famous International Sites, like 9gag Tv and Superstar Magazine.
On January 2018, Julie Anne started her year with an Sold Out Intimate Concert at Music Museum. #Julie highlighted the different stages of love in the concert. "it’s going to be intimate. It will be more mature, especially when it comes to song choices. And as the title suggests, I will show—through music—the different stages of love and tackle relationships and what goes with them,” the 23-year-old singer-actress told reporters at press conference. Right after her #Julie Concert, Julie Anne is Gearing up with another Concert but this time she will be joining Asia's Romantic Balladeer Christian Bautista and Asia's Song Bird Ms. Regine Velasquez-Alcasid. As GMA Network produces First Concert Series, 3 stars 1 heart, they did successful run in Cebu, Dagupan and Dubai before Regine left Gma Network and transfer to ABS-CBN.
On May 2018, As Cosmopolitan Magazine Philippines marks their last print issue, Julie Anne San Jose is gracing the final cover, she will be the last cosmo cover girl on their print issue in the month of May as they venture into the digital world.
On July 2018, After months of anticipation, Julie Anne San Jose is proud to present Breakthrough, her first album under Universal Records. Prior to the album's release last[when?] July 27, its first three singles have already garnered multiple achievements. Her originals "Nothing Left" and "Tayong Dalawa" both reached #1 on the iTunes Philippines All-Genre Chart only 30 minutes after their release. Along with this, her sweet rendition of the Parokya Ni Edgar classic "Your Song (My One and Only)" has been played over 5 million times on Spotify. Upon its release, the album has already celebrated commercial success in both digital and CD formats. Much like its singles, the album debuted at #1 on the iTunes Philippines All-Genre Chart and staying at the same spot for a whole week - a feat rarely seen for OPM albums. The album also received an impressive amount of pre-orders and sales during the jam-packed Grand Album Launch held July 28 at the Eastwood Mall Open Park, which is a testament to the star's staying power.
In November 2018, Julie Anne had an Opportunity to be part of Gary Valenciano's Advocacy Album, Awit at Laro to promote filipino games and songs through art and music. She is the only Gma Artist that is included in the album, she performed the song Pitik Bulag Composed by Jungee Marcelo
In Television, On May 2018, Julie Anne San Jose geared up with a daytime musical serye My Guitar Princess she plays the main character as celina raymundo a.k.a the guitar princess, with her two leading Man Gil Cuerva and Kiko Estrada. it also stars Sheryl Cruz, Kier Legaspi, Marc Abaya, Isabella De Leon and many more, Directed by Nick Olanka. the show also produce original soundtracks feature the show's theme song Walang Kapalit, Music and Lyrics by Roxy Fabian. The featured songs did really well on iTunes Ph Chart and Spotify.
In October 2018, Julie Anne Lead the New Musical Variety Show of GMA Network, Studio 7 along with Christian Bautista and Mark Bautista replacing the Clash on the network's Sunday Grande sa Gabi line-up.
Julie Anne is one of Organisasyon ng Pilipinong Mang-Aawit's (OPM) active Junior Ambassadors. Her job as a Junior Ambassador is to represent and promote Filipino Music to the young.
|2016||Chasing the Light||GMA Records|
|2014||PARI: 3x Platinum Record|
|2012||PARI: Diamond Record|
|2008||Sony BMG Philippines||Gold|
Extended play albums
|2018||Breakthrough||Universal Records (Philippines)||
|"I'll Be There"||2012||4x Platinum||Julie Anne San Jose|
|"Right Where You Belong"|
|"Kung Maibabalik Ko Lang"||2015|
|"Tidal Wave"||Forever Extended Play|
|"Naririnig Mo Ba"||2016||Chasing the Light|
|Chasing The Light|
|2013||GMA Records' #1 Hits||GMA Records|
|BEAUTY & THE MUSIC Vol. 1|
|PERS LAB : GMA Collection Series|
|2011||Tween Academy: Class of 2012 (soundtrack)|
|2018–present||Studio 7||Herself/Host/Performer||GMA Network|
|2018||Barangay 143||Vicky (voice)|
|My Guitar Princess||Celina Raymundo|
|2017||Alaala: A Martial Law Special||Louella|
|Magpakailanman: I will Follow You||Jelay|
|Daig Kayo ng Lola Ko||Stella|
|Pinulot Ka Lang sa Lupa||Santina "Tina" Marquez-Esquivel|
|2015||Wish Ko Lang||Bernadeth Corpuz|
|2015–present||Sunday PinaSaya||Herself / Mainstay|
|2015–2016||Buena Familia||Darling Buena|
|2015–present||24 Oras||relief "Chika Minute" Anchor|
|2015–2016||Day Off||Herself / Host||GMA News TV|
|2015||Wagas: Lala Roque and Ronnie Galongca Love Story||Lala Roque|
|2014||Marian||Herself / Segment Co-host||GMA Network|
|2013–2015||Sunday All Stars||Herself / Performer|
|2013–present||Pepito Manaloto: Ang Tunay na Kwento||Nicollete "Nikki" Villamil / SemiRegular|
|2013||Kahit Nasaan Ka Man||Pauline "Pau" Gomez|
|Maynila: Music and Miracles||Saree|
|Maynila: Hate You, Love You||Danica|
|Maynila: Tunay Na Pag-Ibig||Paula|
|2012||Together Forever||Antoinette "Toyang" Escueta|
|2011||Daldalita||Marga de Leon|
|Maynila: Takot na Puso||Kim|
|Maynila: Kaninong Puso||Jade|
|Andres de Saya||Lizzy|
|Maynila: Victims of Love||Tracy|
|2010–2013||Party Pilipinas||Herself / Performer|
|2008||Gaano Kadalas ang Minsan||Claudette Medrano|
|2007–2009||SOP||Herself / Performer|
|2007–2008||Planet Q||Herself / Host||Q|
|1999||Magandang Tanghali Bayan (Munting Miss U)||Herself / Contestant / 3rd runner-up||ABS-CBN|
|1997||Eat Bulaga! (Little Miss Philippines)||Herself / Contestant / 1st runner-up||GMA Network|
|2014||Kubot: The Aswang Chronicles 2||Stacey||GMA Films|
|2012||Just One Summer||Maria Bettina "Beto" Reyes Salazar|
|2012||My Kontrabida Girl||Cameo role|
|2011||Tween Academy: Class of 2012||Herself|
Awards/recognitions and nominations
|Golden Screen TV Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Actress||Nominated|
|42nd Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Awards||Most Promising Loveteam of 2011 with Elmo Magalona||Won|
|24th Aliw Awards||Best Teen Performer||Won|
|2012||43rd Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Awards||Promising Female Singer/Performer||Won|
|4th Shorty Awards||YouTube Star||Nominated|
|2nd Yahoo OMG Awards||Female Singer of the Year||Nominated|
|Candy Style Awards 2012||Most Stylish Loveteam with Elmo Magalona||Won|
|Globe Tatt Awards 2012||ThoughtMover||Nominated|
|People's Choice Award||Won|
|Yes! Magazine 100 Most Beautiful Stars 2012||Newbie||Included|
|60th Famas Award||German Moreno Youth Achievement Award||Won|
|GMA Artist Center||The Host Of The Most Award||Won|
|Yes! Magazine Most Influential Celebrity on Social Media||@MyJaps/Twitter||Top 13|
|Meg Top Choice 2012||Twitter Trendsetter of the Year||Won|
|ASAP 2012 24k Gold Award||Female Artist Awardee||Won|
|9th USTv Students Choice Awards||Best Local Music Video Artist||Won|
|8th Myx Music Awards||Favorite Song for "I'll Be There"||Nominated|
|Favorite Female Artist||Nominated|
|Favorite Mellow Video for "I'll Be There"||Won|
|Favorite Celebrity VJ||Won|
|Favorite New Artist||Nominated|
|Yahoo! Philippines OMG! Awards||Female Performer of the Year||Won|
|Fan Club of the Year as "JuliElmo" with Elmo Magalona||Won|
|OPM||OPM Junior Ambassador||Included|
|Yes! Magazine 100 Most Beautiful Stars 2013||Breakthrough||Included|
|SAS Stand Out Awards||Viewers Choice Best Artist||Won|
|5th PMPC Star Awards for Music||Song Of the Year for "Bakit Ngayon"||Nominated|
|New Female Recording Artist of the Year||Won|
|POP Album of the Year for "Julie Ann San Jose"||Nominated|
|Female PP Artist of the Year||Nominated|
|ASAP 9th Platinum Circle Award||Female Artist Awardee||Won|
|26th Aliw Awards||Best Performance in a Concert (Female)||Nominated|
|26th Awit Awards||Best Performance by a Female Recording Artist||Nominated|
|Best Performance by a New Female Recording Artist||Nominated|
|Album of the Year||Nominated|
|9th Myx Music Awards||Favorite Guest Appearance in a Music Video||Nominated|
|UE Gawad Lualhati Awards||Inspiring Artist Of The Year||Won|
|PEP List 2013||Female Teen Star Of The Year||Won|
|Yahoo! Celebrity Awards||Female Performer Of The Year||Nominated|
|Song Of The Year||Won|
|Catholic Mass Media Awards||Best Secular Song (Pagbangon)||Won|
|ASAP19 24k Gold Award||Female Artist Awardee||Won|
|ASAP 10th Platinum Circle Award||Female Artist Awardee||Won|
|27th Awit Awards||Best Inspirational/ Religious Recording for "Pagbangon"||Nominated|
|Spinnr Hitlist Award 2014||Best Indie Artist||Won|
|10th Myx Music Awards||Favorite Artist||Nominated|
|Favorite Female Artist||Nominated|
|Favorite Collaboration with Abra for "Deadma"||Nominated|
|Favorite Mellow Video for "Right Where You Belong"||Won|
|Favorite Urban Video with Abra for "Deadma"||Nominated|
|Favorite Music Video with Abra for "Deadma"||Nominated|
|FHM Philippines||FHM 100 Sexiest Woman||Rank # 60|
|Yes! Magazine 100 Most Beautiful Stars 2015||MultiHyphenate||Included|
|28th Awit Awards||Best Rap Recording with Abra for "Deadma"||Won|
|Best Selling Album of the Year for "Deeper"||Won|
|Best Song Written for Movie/TV/Stage Play with Janno Gibbs and Jaya for Ang Dalawang Mrs. Real's "Ikaw, Ako at Siya"||Nominated|
|7th PMPC Star Awards for Music||Album of the Year for "Deeper"||Nominated|
|Pop Album of the Year for "Deeper"||Nominated|
|Female Pop Artist of the Year||Nominated|
|Female Concert Performer of the Year for "Hologram"||Nominated|
|29th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Reality Show Host with Dasuri Choi, Maey Bautista, Mike ‘Pekto’ Nacua, Boobay for Day Off||Nominated|
|10th Walk Of Fame PH (EastWood City)||Walk Of Fame STARS||Won|
|2016||11th Myx Music Awards||Favorite Artist||Nominated|
|Favorite Female Artist||Nominated|
|Favorite Song for "Tidal Wave"||Nominated|
|Favorite Music Video for "Tidal Wave"||Nominated|
|Favorite Remake with Christian Bautista for "Cruisin'"||Nominated|
|Yes! Magazine 100 Most Beautiful Stars 2016||MultiHyphenate||Included|
|2017||12th Myx Music Awards||Favorite Artist||Nominated|
|Favorite Female Artist||Nominated|
|Favorite Music Video for "Naririnig Mo Ba"||Nominated|
|Favorite Guest Appearance in a Music Video for Benjamin Alves (Naririnig Mo Ba)||Nominated|
|30th Awit Awards||Best Performance by a Female Recording Artist for "Chasing The Light"||Nominated|
|Best Christmas Recording for "Magic Ng Pasko"||Nominated|
|Yes! Magazine 100 Most Beautiful Stars 2017||Network Bets||Included|
|66th Famas Awards||Famas German Youth Achievement Award||Won|
|Yes! Magazine 100 Beautiful Stars 2018||Network Bets||Included|
|9th PMPC Star Awards For Music||Best POP Female Artist Of The Year (Chasing The Light)||Won|
|10th PMPC Star Awards For Music||Best POP Female Artist Of The Year (Tayon Dalawa)||Nominated|
- "Film # 007892824 Image Film # 007892824; ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS43-YFL9 — FamilySearch.org". Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- "Articles". PARI. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Julie Anne San Jose (Little Miss Philippines)". YouTube. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Popstar Kids sing Sugarpop". philstar.com. 2007-11-28. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "Artist Center - Talent". GMANetwork.com. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "Stardom is within Julie Anne's reach | Entertainment, News, The Philippine Star". philstar.com. 2011-03-05. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "About - Julie Anne San Jose Official Website". Julieannesanjose.com. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "Entertainment - The treasures of Julie Anne". philstar.com. Retrieved 2013-05-12.
- PEP.ph. "Julie Anne San Jose signs exclusive contract with GMA Records". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "Julie Anne San Jose hits quadruple platinum". GMANetwork.com. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "GMA Network airs Together Forever starting June 17". GMANetwork.com. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- PEP.ph. "Singer Julie Anne San Jose to be launched as an actress in Just One Summer | PEP.ph". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "Julie Anne San Jose's first major concert | GMANetwork.com - Entertainment - Home of Kapuso shows and stars - Articles". GMANetwork.com. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Julie Anne San Jose on her forthcoming first major concert: "Through the songs na aawitin ko para sa kanila, they will find out more about me." | News | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". PEP.ph. 2013-05-05. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- Orio, Honey (2014-11-28). "Julie Anne ready for Hologram concert | Entertainment, News, The Philippine Star". philstar.com. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Julie Anne emotional in concert | Tempo Entertainment". Entertainment.tempo.com.ph. 2014-12-20. Archived from the original on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Julie Anne San Jose at Abra, magsasama sa 'Kubot: The Aswang Chronicles 2' | GMA News Online". Gmanetwork.com. 2014-10-09. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Julie Anne San Jose to launch 'Tidal Wave' music video in 'Sunday All Stars' | GMANetwork.com - Records - Articles". GMANetwork.com. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Julie Anne San Jose films music videos in San Francisco and New York - Filipino Express, Inc". Filipinoexpress.com. 2015-07-04. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "LOOK: At 21, Julie Anne San Jose is in the best shape of her life | Showbiz | GMA News Online". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- Nestor Cuartero. "Julie Ann tries out sexy | Tempo Entertainment". Entertainment.tempo.com.ph. Archived from the original on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- Ron Jay Eduvas (June 3, 2015). "Julie Anne San Jose is More Than Ready for FHM Cover". FHM Philippines. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Julie Anne San Jose, nililigawan ba ng isang men's magazine?". GMA News. June 4, 2015. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- Jocom, Bea (July 30, 2015). "Julie Anne San Jose is Smokin' Hot on Her First Preview Cover". StyleBible.ph. Retrieved August 8, 2015.
- "The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Goodbye 'Sunday All Stars,' hello 'Sunday Pinasaya' - The Standard". Manilastandardtoday.com. 2015-08-03. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Julie Anne San Jose happy to be part of Walk of Fame 2015". pep.ph. 2015-12-02. Retrieved 2015-12-02.
- "Asia's Pop Sweetheart Julie Anne San Jose, big winner at the 28th Awit Awards". gmanetwork.com. 2015-12-10. Retrieved 2015-12-10.
- "Julie Anne's 10th anniversary concert". Manilastandardtoday.com. 2016-02-05. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- . philstar.com. 2016-05-31 https://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2016/05/31/1588754/julie-anne-san-jose-graduates-college. Retrieved 2016-05-31. Missing or empty
- "Chasing the Light by Julie Anne San Jose on Apple Music". iTunes. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "GMA Records". www.gmanetwork.com. July 18, 2016.
- "Julie Anne San Jose thanks fans as 'Chasing the Light' clinches top spot on iTunes PH albums". www.gmanetwork.com. July 20, 2016. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- "Julie Anne San Jose releases new album". Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- Bulletin, The Manila. "Julie Anne San Jose sees light… and love?". Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "Julie Anne San Jose and Christian Bautista join forces in 'When Julie Anne Meets Christian'". gmanetwork.com. 2016-12-12. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- "GMA Network's TV adaptation of 'Pinulot Ka Lang sa Lupa' premieres on January 30". gmanetwork.com. 2017-01-16. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Julie Anne San Jose's 'Despacito' cover goes viral, YouTubers sing her praises - Articles". GMANetwork.com. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- ""Despacito" Cover With An Absolutely Sweet Alluring Voice". 9gag.com. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- "This Is The Best Female Vocal Of Luis Fonsi's 'Despacito' The Internet Has Been Waiting For". superstarmagazine.com. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- "Asia's Pop Sweetheart Julie Anne San Jose Signs With Universal Records Philippines". billboard.com. 2017-11-08. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- "Julie Anne San Jose explains the meaning of #Julie". gmanetwork.com. 2018-01-28. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- "Stages of love highlighted in Julie Anne's solo concert". entertainment.inquirer.net. 2018-01-28. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- "GMA Network produces first concert with 3 Stars, 1 Heart". philstar.com. 2018-01-31. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "3 Stars, 1 Heart': Wish granted for Pinoys in Dubai". philstar.com. 2018-06-28. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "JULIE ANNE SAN JOSE IS COVER GIRL FOR COSMOPOLITAN PH'S LAST PRINTED ISSUE". randomrepublika.com. 2018-04-28. Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- "Julie Anne San Jose Releases Her #1 Album "Breakthrough"". whatshappening.com.ph. 2018-06-28. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Julie Anne San Jose Launched #1 Album "Breakthrough"". orangemagazine.ph. 2018-06-28. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Julie Anne San Jose Joins The "Awit At Laro" Movement By Bambi Mañosa-Tanjutco & Gary Valenciano". feistymomma.com. 2018-10-23. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "Julie Anne San Jose stuns at 'My Guitar Princess' media conference". gmanetwork.com. 2018-04-26. Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- "Original music in 'My Guitar Princess'". manilastandard.net. 2018-06-03. Retrieved 2018-06-03.
- "Julie Anne San Jose gears up for 'My Guitar Princess'". gmanetwork.com. 2018-04-02. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "'Studio 7,' ang bagong musical variety show ng GMA Network, malapit na ipalabas". gmanetwork.com. 2018-09-23. Retrieved 2018-09-23.
- Profile, entertainment.inquirer.net; accessed 23 June 2015.
- "Julie Anne bagong Advocate for Children ng World Vision - Bandera | Bandera". Bandera.inquirer.net. 2015-08-29. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Deeper by Julie Anne San Jose on iTunes". Itunes.apple.com. 2014-06-01. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Julie Anne San Jose's diamond album". Manila Standard Today. October 15, 2014. Retrieved February 1, 2015.
- "42nd Box-Office Entertainment Awards honors outstanding actors and actresses of 2010". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "Vice Ganda named Phenomenal Box-Office Star; Derek Ramsay is Box-Office King while Anne Curtis and Cristine Reyes share Box-Office Queen title". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-20.