Kumura Station building (May 15, 2005).
|Location||Asakita, Hiroshima, Hiroshima
|Operated by||JR West|
- 1915-04-28: Kumura Station opens
- 1987-04-01: Japanese National Railways is privatized, and Kumura Station becomes a JR West station
- 2008-05-09: Japanese newspaper and news program report on two cats found sleeping on the ticket gate machine in this station. The cats are dubbed the "Station Cats".
Station building and platforms
Kumura Station features one side platform capable of handling one line. Trains bound for Shiwaguchi and Miyoshi are handled on the upper end (上り) of the platform, and tains bound for Hiroshima are handled on the lower end (下り). Tickets were formerly sold at the supermarket located in front of the station. The station is unmanned and features an automated ticket vending machine. Kumura Station is a prefabricated building with a galvanized steel roof. As the station building is located above the road, passengers must ascend a set of stairs to access the station.
- Kōyō New Town
- Egeyama Kōen
- Hiroshima Kōyō Kanahira Post Office
- Yagi Post Office
- Hiroshima Municipal Kōyō High School
- Hiroshima Municipal Shiroyama Kita Junior High School
- Hiroshima Municipal Ochiai Elementary School
- Hiroshima Municipal Yagi Elementary School
- Hiroshima Municipal Bairin Elementary School
- JR West Kabe Line Kami-Yagi Station (1.5km west)
- JR West Kabe Line Bairin Station (1.5km west)
- Ōta River (太田川)
- Takase Ōhashi
- Japan National Route 54
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 37 (Hiroshima-Miyoshi Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 270 (Yagi-Midorii Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 271 (Yagi Route)
All lines are JR West lines.
- Geibi Line
- Miyoshi Express
- No stop
- Commuter Liner
- No stop
- Miyoshi Liner/Local
- JR West(Japanese)