Leite Lopes Airport
|Dr. Leite Lopes–Ribeirão Preto State Airport
Aeroporto Estadual Dr. Leite Lopes–Ribeirão Preto
|Hub for||Passaredo Linhas Aéreas|
|Elevation AMSL||550 m / 1,804 ft|
It is operated by DAESP.
Dr. Leite Lopes State Airport was opened on April 2, 1939, and soon after, in 1940, the runway was extended for the first time.
In 1996 the whole airport complex received its major renovation in which the runway and adjoining taxiway were extended from 1,800m to 2,100m and a new larger apron was built.
In 2006 the width of the runway was enlarged to 45m and finally in July 2010 the renovation and enlargement of the terminal building was completed.
Airlines and destinations
The airport is located 10 km (6 mi) from downtown Ribeirão Preto.
- "Estatísticas" (in Portuguese). DAESP. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- "Aeroporto Estadual Dr. Leite Lopes–Ribeirão Preto" (in Portuguese). DAESP.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- Castro, Danielle (20 January 2010). "Com mais passageiros" (in Portuguese). Gazeta de Ribeirão. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Leite Lopes Airport.|
- Airport information for SBRP at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SBRP at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for SBRP at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for RAO at Aviation Safety Network
- Dr. Leite Lopes Airport Photo Archive at airliners.net