List of PHP editors
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"List of PHP IDEs" redirects here. For a comparison of PHP integrated development environments, see Comparison of integrated development environments § PHP.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Editor||License||Windows||Linux||Mac OS X||Other platforms||Code Completion||GUI builder||syntax highlighter||last version||Internal Browser||Version Control|
|Aptana Studio||Dual License
Aptana Public License, v1.0 GNU General Public License
|Netbeans||Dual License CDDL 1.0 / LGPLv2.1/GPLv2||Yes||Yes||Yes||JVM||Yes||Yes||Yes||8.1||Yes||Yes|
|Bluefish||GNU General Public License||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||?||Yes||2.2.7||Yes||Yes|
|Kantharos IDE||Mozilla Public License||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||1.2.2||No||No|
|Komodo Edit||Mozilla Public License||Yes||Yes||Yes||?||Yes||?||Yes||10.0.1||Yes||No|
|Eclipse PDT||Eclipse Public License||Yes||Yes||Yes||JVM||Yes||No||Yes||3.5||Yes||Yes|
- Aptana Studio – Eclipse-based IDE, able to use PDT plugins, visual JS editor. Open-source, free project. (Community edition merged in).
- Bluefish – A multipurpose editor with PHP syntax support, in-line PHP documentation, etc. With GVFS, supports SFTP, FTP, WebDAV, and SMB.
- CodeLite – an open source, cross platform IDE for C/C++ and PHP. The built-in plugins supports SVN, SSH/SFTP access, Git database browsing and others.
- Eclipse – PHP Development Tools (PDT) and PHPEclipse projects. With additional plugins supports SVN, CVS, database modelling, SSH/FTP access, database navigation, Trac integration, and others.
- Editra – Open source editor. Syntax highlighting and (partial) code completion for PHP + HTML and other IDE-like features like code browser etc.
- Emacs – Advanced text editor. The nXhtml addon has special support for PHP (and other template languages). The major mode web-mode.el is designed for editing mixed HTML templates.
- Geany – Syntax highlighting for HTML + PHP. Provides PHP function list.
- jEdit – free/open source editor. Supports SFTP and FTP.
- Komodo Edit – General purpose scripting language editor with support for PHP. Free version of the commercial ActiveState Komodo IDE.
- Netbeans – IDE with PHP support and integration with web standards. Supports SFTP and FTP. Full support for SVN and Git since 7.2 and powerful plugin support for added functionality.
- SciTE – PHP syntax highlighting, compiler integration, powerful config via Lua API.
- Vim – provides PHP syntax highlighting, debugging.
- Sublime Text – Trialware text editor.
- Brackets - Freeware Editor in HTML5/NodeJS by Adobe Team the best for integration frontend
- Atom - Freeware Editor inspired of Sublime Text in HTML5/JS by Github Team
- Kantharos PHP IDE – Freeware editor providing built in debugger and class explorer.
- Alleycode HTML Editor – Shareware editor with syntax highlighting for both PHP and HTML.
- ConTEXT – *No longer under development* Freeware editor with syntax highlighting.
- Crimson Editor – Lightweight editor. Supports FTP.
- Notepad2 – Simple editor with syntax highlighting
- Notepad++ – FLOSS multi-language editor with macro support, syntax highlighting (possible export to HTML), code completion, php.net function reference, foldable code blocks etc.; expandable via plugins, e.g. (S)FTP support, version control (Git, SVN), documentation generators, snippet support, spell checking, custom classes completion, code beautifiers
- Programmer's Notepad
- PSPad – Supports FTP; syntax highlighting.
- RJ TextEd – Text editor with many great features
Mac OS X
- TextWrangler – Supports SFTP and FTP
- Coda (web development software) - Shareware IDE/Editor
- gedit – (PHP Plugin, Debugger Plugin)
- Kate – Supports any file access protocol that is supported by KIO. This includes HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMB and WebDAV.
- KDevelop – Supports everything as Kate above with addition of references of functions and syntax parser.
- ActiveState Komodo IDE – Support for PHP syntax checking, debugging, trial available
- Adobe Dreamweaver – Supports SFTP and FTP; Trial available
- BBEdit – Supports SFTP and FTP; Trial available
- Cloud9 - Online editor (supports multiple languages) 
- Coda – Supports SFTP and FTP; Trial available
- CodeCharge Studio – Supports FTP
- Codelobster – Editor with syntax highlighting, debugger, code validation, supports FTP.
- Codenvy – Cloud development environment.
- EditPlus – Supports SFTP and FTP; Trial available
- HTML-Kit – Syntax highlighting, supports FTP.
- Komodo IDE – Cross-platform integrated development environment for PHP as well as Python, Ruby and Perl.
- Microsoft Expression Web – Full PHP support with syntax highlighting, etc.; Trial available
- NoteTab – Allows you to have multiple tabs open for different files, has FTP support, comes in two trial versions (NoteTab Standard, NoteTab Pro) and one free version NoteTab Light. NoteTab Pro highlights tags.
- NuSphere PhpED – A PHP development environment and integration with modern web standards. Supports SFTP, WebDAV, and FTP. Native support for CVS source control system, SVN and Git support can be added using Tortoise Windows Shell plugins.
- PHPEdit – Supports SFTP and FTP
- phpDesigner – supports FTP
- JetBrains PhpStorm – PHP IDE with editor, on-the-fly code analysis and other web development specific tools including FTP/SFTP synchronization; Trial available
- Koding – Online development environment for many programming languages including PHP.
- Embarcadero RadPHP (formerly Delphi for PHP) – Focus on web (Facebook, Google) and mobile (iOS, Android) development; Trial available
- Sublime Text – Commercial multi-language text editor with syntax highlighting. Unlimited trial available.
- TextPad – Trial available
- Top PHP Studio – Supports FTP
- UltraEdit – Supports SFTP and FTP; Trial available
- Zend Studio – (Cross platform) professional PHP IDE, based on the PHP Development Tools plugin for the Eclipse platform; Trial available
- VS.PHP – based on Visual Studio IDE, supports Intellisense for PHP, remote and local debugging. Local debugging is performed using IDE embedded web server with PHP extensions.
- PHP Tools for Visual Studio - PHP integration for Visual Studio IDE, supports IntelliSense, debugging, error handling while debugging, publishing, error checking, all the natural Visual Studio editor features.
- How to Debug PHP with Vim and XDebug on Linux
- "Cloud9 - Your development environment, in the cloud".
- Jon Skinner. "Sublime Text – Download". Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- "VS.Php Features Highlights".
- "PHP Tools for Visual Studio Features".