This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2021)
|Initial release||September 1, 2004|
|License||Modified BSD License|
PRADO is an open source, object-oriented, event-driven, component-based PHP web framework. PRADO is used for the development of interactive web pages and applications. In 2013, it was considered by Computer Science educators to be one of the top six PHP web frameworks.
PRADO's name is an acronym derived from "PHP Rapid Application Development Object-oriented". The PRADO project was started by Qiang Xue and was inspired by Apache Tapestry. The framework also borrowed ideas from Borland Delphi and Microsoft's ASP.NET framework. The first public release of PRADO came out in June 2004, but was written using the very limited and now outdated PHP 4 object model, which caused many problems. Qiang re-wrote the framework for the new PHP 5 object model, and won the Zend PHP 5 coding contest with it.
PRADO is a rapid application development (RAD) framework, and in its infancy was criticized as not yet ready for high-performance, high-traffic scenarios. Implementations of template and configuration caching in later PRADO releases eliminated some performance bottlenecks in its architecture, increasing its suitability for medium- to high-traffic websites.
- "PRADO PHP Framework". pradoframework.net. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- Kreussel, Peter (April 2008). "Web Helper: PHP application development with Prado". Linux Magazine. 89: 34–37.
- Bertuol, Marcos Roberto (17 November 2011). "Prado PHP Framework: um estudo experimental para controle de acesso a sites". Trabalho de Conclusão de Curso (Graduação), Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná, Medianeira (in Portuguese).
- Lancor, Lisa; Katha, Samyukta (2013). "Analyzing PHP frameworks for use in a project-based software engineering course". Proceeding of the 44th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE '13). Denver, Colorado, USA: ACM Press: 519. doi:10.1145/2445196.2445350. ISBN 978-1-4503-1868-6.
- "About PRADO". pradoframework.net.
- Firdaus, Yanuar; Maharani, Warih (21 June 2008). "ANALISIS PERFORMANSI FRAMEWORK PRADO DAN CAKEPHP PADA APLIKASI WEB AJAX". Proceedings Seminar Nasional Aplikasi Teknologi Informasi (SNATI) (in Indonesian). Yogyakarta. ISSN 1907-5022.
- Makarov, Alexander (4 March 2017). "The History of Yii Framework". en.rmcreative.ru. Retrieved 2021-07-27.