List of law schools in the United States
Law schools in this list are categorized by whether they are currently active, proposed, or closed; within each section they are listed in alphabetical order by state, then name. Most of these law schools grant the Juris Doctor degree, which is the typical first professional degree in law in the United States.
Law schools are nationally accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA), and graduates of these schools may generally sit for the bar exam in any state. There are 199 ABA accredited law schools, along with one law school provisionally accredited by the ABA. Whittier Law School, Arizona Summit Law School and Concordia University School of Law are the most recent law school closures. The latter two having discontinued their legal programs in 2019, while the former closed in the summer of 2020.
The ABA revoked the accreditation of Thomas Jefferson School of Law in 2019.
In addition, individual state legislatures or bar examiners, like the State Bar of California, may maintain a separate accreditation system which is open to non-ABA accredited schools. The California State Bar also accredits law schools, which the California Committee of Bar Examiners (CBE) recognizes. Also, the CBE allows registered "Unaccredited" schools to operate and students of those schools are eligible to take the California Bar Examination upon graduation.
No correspondence or online law schools are accredited by the ABA or by state bar examiners. However, twelve correspondence and online law schools, although not accredited, are registered by the Committee of Bar Examiners of the State Bar of California. This means that the graduates of these distance learning law schools can sit for the California Bar Examination and, under varying circumstances, the bar exams in many other states.
|Alabama (Birmingham)||Birmingham School of Law||Private||Alabama||1915||State accreditation||Urban|
|Alabama (Birmingham)||Cumberland School of Law, Samford University||Private||Full ABA||1847||1949||Urban|
|Alabama (Birmingham)||Miles Law School||Private||Alabama||1974||State accreditation||Urban|
|Alabama (Montgomery)||Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, Faulkner University||Private||Full ABA||1928||2006||Urban|
|Alabama (Tuscaloosa)||University of Alabama School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1872||1926||Urban (small city)|
|Arizona (Phoenix)||Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University||Public||Full ABA||1964||1969||Urban|
|Arizona (Tucson)||James E. Rogers College of Law, University of Arizona||Public||Full ABA||1915||1930||Urban|
|Arkansas (Fayetteville)||University of Arkansas School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1924||1926||College Town|
|Arkansas (Little Rock)||William H. Bowen School of Law, University of Arkansas at Little Rock||Public||Full ABA||1975||1969||Urban|
|California (Los Angeles)||Abraham Lincoln University School of Law (distance-learning)||Private||Unaccredited||1996||Unaccredited|
|California (San Bernardino)||American Heritage University School of Law (distance-learning)||Private||Unaccredited||2003||Unaccredited|
|California (Irvine)||American International School of Law (correspondence)||Private||Unaccredited||2009||Unaccredited|
|California (Indio)||California Desert Trial Academy College of Law||Private||Unaccredited||2012||Unaccredited|
|California (Chico)||Cal Northern School of Law||Private||California||1992||1992||Small/medium city|
|California (Santa Barbara)||California School of Law (distance-learning)||Private||Unaccredited||2004||Unaccredited|
|California (Irvine)||California Southern University (correspondence)||Private||Unaccredited||1978||Unaccredited|
|California (San Diego)||California Western School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1924||1962||Urban|
|California (Orange)||Chapman University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1995||1998||Suburban|
|California (Orange)||Pacific West College of Law||Private||Unaccredited||1993||Unaccredited||Suburban|
|California (Santa Rosa)||Empire College School of Law||Private||California||1972||1982||Suburban|
|California (Glendale)||Glendale University College of Law||Private||California||1967||1978||Suburban|
|California (San Francisco)||Golden Gate University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1901||1956||Urban|
|California (Los Angeles)||International Pacific School of Law (correspondence)||Private||Unaccredited||Unknown||Unaccredited|
|California (Cerritos)||Irvine University College of Law||Private||Unaccredited||1993||Unaccredited|
|California (Pleasant Hill)||John F. Kennedy University College of Law||Private||California||1965||State accreditation||Urban|
|California (Stockton)||Laurence Drivon School of Law, Humphreys College||Private||California||1951|
|California (Sacramento)||Lincoln Law School of Sacramento||Private||California||1969||1978||Urban|
|California (San Jose)||Lincoln Law School of San Jose||Private||California||1919||1993||Urban|
|California (Los Angeles)||Loyola Law School, Loyola Marymount University||Private||Full ABA||1920||1935||Urban|
|California (Sacramento)||McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific||Private||Full ABA||1924||1969||Urban|
|California (Seaside)||Monterey College of Law||Private||California||1972||1981|
|California (Sacramento)||Northwestern California University School of Law (correspondence)||Private||California||1982||State accreditation|
|California (Fresno)||Oak Brook College of Law (correspondence)||Private||Unaccredited||1995||Unaccredited|
|California (Long Beach)||Pacific Coast University School of Law||Private||Unaccredited||1927||Unaccredited||Urban|
|California (Orange)||Pacific West College of Law||Private||Unaccredited||1992||Unaccredited||Suburban|
|California (Los Angeles)||Peoples College of Law||Private||Unaccredited||1974||Unaccredited||Urban|
|California (Malibu)||Pepperdine University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1971||1972||Suburban|
|California (San Francisco)||San Francisco Law School||Private||California||1909||1937||Urban|
|California (Clovis)||San Joaquin College of Law||Private||California||1969|
|California (Santa Barbara)||Santa Barbara College of Law||Private||California||1969||Urban / Suburban|
|California (Menlo Park)||St. Francis School of Law (distance-learning)||Private||California||2011||State accreditation|
|California (Santa Clara)||Santa Clara University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1912||1937||Suburban|
|California (Ventura) (Santa Barbara)||Southern California Institute of Law||Private||Unaccredited||1986||Unaccredited||Urban / Suburban|
|California (Los Angeles)||Southwestern University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1911||1970||Urban|
|California (Stanford)||Stanford Law School||Private||Full ABA||1893||1923||Suburban|
|California (San Diego)||Thomas Jefferson School of Law||Private||California||1969||2020||Urban|
|California (Santa Ana)||Trinity Law School, Trinity International University||Private||California||1980||Suburban|
|California (Berkeley)||University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall)||Public||Full ABA||1894||1923||Urban|
|California (Davis)||University of California, Davis School of Law (King Hall)||Public||Full ABA||1965||1968||Suburban|
|California (Irvine)||Western State College of Law||Private||Full ABA||1966||2005
|California (San Francisco)||University of California, Hastings College of the Law||Public||Full ABA||1878||1939||Urban|
|California (Irvine)||University of California, Irvine School of Law||Public||Full ABA||2009||2011||Suburban|
|California (Los Angeles)||University of California, Los Angeles School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1949||1950||Urban|
|California (Ontario)||University of La Verne College of Law||Private||California||1970||2020||Suburban|
|California (San Diego)||University of San Diego School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1954||1961||Urban|
|California (San Francisco)||University of San Francisco School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1912||1935||Urban|
|California (San Luis Obispo)||University of San Luis Obispo School of Law||Private||California||1993||Suburban|
|California (Los Angeles)||Gould School of Law, University of Southern California||Private||Full ABA||1896||1924||Urban|
|California (Inglewood),||University of West Los Angeles School of Law||Private||California||1962||1978||Suburban|
|California (Ventura)||Ventura College of Law||Private||California||1969||Suburban|
|California (San Diego)||Western Sierra Law School||Private||Unaccredited||1979||Unaccredited||Urban|
|California (Santa Ana)||Taft Law School, William Howard Taft University (correspondence)||Private||Unaccredited||1984||Unaccredited|
|Colorado (Boulder)||University of Colorado School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1892||1923||Urban|
|Colorado (Denver)||Sturm College of Law, University of Denver||Private||Full ABA||1892||1923||Urban|
|Connecticut (Hamden)||Quinnipiac University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1977||1992||Suburban|
|Connecticut (Hartford)||University of Connecticut School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1921||1933||Urban|
|Connecticut (New Haven)||Yale Law School||Private||Full ABA||1843||1923||Urban|
|Delaware (Wilmington)||Delaware Law School||Private||Full ABA||1971||1975||Urban|
|District of Columbia||Columbus School of Law, The Catholic University of America||Private||Full ABA||1897||1925||Urban|
|District of Columbia||David A. Clarke School of Law, University of the District of Columbia||Public||Full ABA||1972||1991||Urban|
|District of Columbia||The George Washington University Law School||Private||Full ABA||1865||1923||Urban|
|District of Columbia||Georgetown University Law Center||Private||Full ABA||1870||1924||Urban|
|District of Columbia||Howard University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1869||1931||Urban|
|District of Columbia||Washington College of Law, American University||Private||Full ABA||1896||1940||Urban|
|Florida (Orlando)||Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1999||2002||Suburban|
|Florida (Orlando)||Florida A&M University College of Law||Public||Full ABA||2000||2004||Urban|
|Florida (Miami)||Florida International University College of Law||Public||Full ABA||2000||2004||Urban|
|Florida (Tallahassee)||Florida State University College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1966||1968||Urban|
|Florida (Gainesville)||University of Florida Levin College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1909||1925||Suburban|
|Florida (Davie)||Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University||Private||Full ABA||1974||1975||Suburban|
|Florida (Miami Gardens)||St. Thomas University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1984||1988||Urban|
|Florida (Miami)||Diamond Graduate Law School LLM Online Program||Private||Full ABA||1998||N/A|
|Florida (Gulfport)||Stetson University College of Law||Private||Full ABA||1900||1930||Suburban|
|Florida (Coral Gables)||University of Miami School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1926||1941||Suburban|
|Florida (Naples)||Ave Maria School of Law||Private||Full ABA||2000||2002||Suburban|
|Florida (Riverview)||Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School||Private||Full ABA||1972||1975|
|Georgia (Atlanta)||Emory University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1916||1923||Suburban|
|Georgia (Atlanta)||Georgia State University College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1982||1984||Urban|
|Georgia (Athens)||University of Georgia School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1859||1930||College Town|
|Georgia (Macon)||Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University||Private||Full ABA||1873||1925||Urban|
|Hawaii (Honolulu)||William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawaii||Public||Full ABA||1968||1974||Urban|
|Idaho (Moscow), (Boise)||University of Idaho College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1909||1925||Rural|
|Illinois (Chicago)||Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology||Private||Full ABA||1888||1936||Urban|
|Illinois (Chicago)||DePaul University College of Law||Private||Full ABA||1897||1925||Urban|
|Illinois (Champaign)||University of Illinois College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1897||1923||Urban|
|Illinois (Chicago)||UIC John Marshall Law School||Public||Full ABA||1899||1951||Urban|
|Illinois (Chicago)||Loyola University Chicago School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1909||1925||Urban|
|Illinois (Dekalb)||Northern Illinois University College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1975||1978||College Town (Suburban)|
|Illinois (Chicago)||Northwestern University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1859||1923||Urban|
|Illinois (Carbondale)||Southern Illinois University School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1973||1974||College Town|
|Illinois (Chicago)||University of Chicago Law School||Private||Full ABA||1902||1923||Urban|
|Indiana (Bloomington)||Maurer School of Law, Indiana University Bloomington||Public||Full ABA||1842||1923||Small City|
|Indiana (Indianapolis)||Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1895||1944||Urban|
|Indiana (Notre Dame)||Notre Dame Law School||Private||Full ABA||1869||1925||Suburban|
|Iowa (Des Moines)||Drake University Law School||Private||Full ABA||1865||1923||Urban|
|Iowa (Iowa City)||University of Iowa College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1865||1923||Urban|
|Kansas (Lawrence)||University of Kansas School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1893||1923||College Town, Urban|
|Kansas (Topeka)||Washburn University School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1903||1923||Urban|
|Kentucky (Highland Heights)||Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University||Public||Full ABA||1893||1954||Suburban|
|Kentucky (Louisville)||Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville||Public||Full ABA||1846||1931||Urban|
|Kentucky (Lexington)||University of Kentucky College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1908||1925||Urban|
|Louisiana (Baton Rouge)||Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University||Public||Full ABA||1906||1926||Urban|
|Louisiana (New Orleans)||Loyola University New Orleans College of Law||Private||Full ABA||1914||1931||Urban|
|Louisiana (Baton Rouge)||Southern University Law Center||Public||Full ABA||1946||1953||Urban|
|Louisiana (New Orleans)||Tulane University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1847||1925||Urban|
|Maine (Portland)||University of Maine School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1961||1962||Urban|
|Maryland (Baltimore)||University of Baltimore School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1925||1972||Urban|
|Maryland (Baltimore)||University of Maryland School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1823||1930||Urban|
|Massachusetts (Newton)||Boston College Law School||Private||Full ABA||1929||1932||Suburban|
|Massachusetts (Fenway–Kenmore)||Boston University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1872||1925||Urban|
|Massachusetts (Cambridge)||Harvard Law School||Private||Full ABA||1817||1923||Urban|
|Massachusetts (Andover)||Massachusetts School of Law||Private||Massachusetts, Connecticut||1988||State accredited (1997)||Suburban|
|Massachusetts (Boston)||New England School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1908||1969||Urban|
|Massachusetts (Roxbury)||Northeastern University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1898||1969||Urban|
|Massachusetts (Beacon Hill)||Suffolk University Law School||Private||Full ABA||1906||1953||Urban|
|Massachusetts (Dartmouth)||University of Massachusetts School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1982||2012||Suburban|
|Massachusetts (Springfield)||Western New England University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1919||1974||Suburban|
|Michigan (East Lansing)||Michigan State University College of Law||Private||Full ABA||1891||1941||Suburban|
|Michigan (Lansing, Auburn Hills, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo)||Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School||Private||Full ABA||1972||1975||Urban|
|Michigan (Detroit)||University of Detroit Mercy School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1912||1933||Urban|
|Michigan (Ann Arbor)||University of Michigan Law School||Public||Full ABA||1859||1923||Urban|
|Michigan (Detroit)||Wayne State University Law School||Public||Full ABA||1927||1937||Urban|
|Minnesota (Minneapolis)||University of Minnesota Law School||Public||Full ABA||1888||1923||Urban|
|Minnesota (Minneapolis)||University of St. Thomas School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1999||2003||Urban|
|Minnesota (St. Paul)||Mitchell Hamline School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1900||2015||Urban|
|Mississippi (Jackson)||Mississippi College School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1930||1980||Urban|
|Mississippi (Oxford)||University of Mississippi School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1854||1930||Rural (small college town)|
|Missouri (St. Louis)||Saint Louis University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1843||1924||Urban|
|Missouri (Columbia)||University of Missouri School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1872||1923||Urban, College Town|
|Missouri (Kansas City)||University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1895||1936||Urban|
|Missouri (St. Louis)||Washington University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1867||1923||Urban|
|Montana (Missoula)||University of Montana School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1911||1923||College Town|
|Nebraska (Omaha)||Creighton University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1904||1924||Urban|
|Nebraska (Lincoln)||University of Nebraska–Lincoln College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1888||1923||Urban|
|Nevada (Las Vegas)||William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas||Public||Full ABA||1997||2000||Urban|
|New Hampshire (Concord)||University of New Hampshire School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1973||1974||Urban|
|New Jersey (Camden)||Rutgers Law School (Camden campus; formerly Rutgers School of Law–Camden), Rutgers University||Public||Full ABA||1926 (merged in 2015)||1950||Urban|
|New Jersey (Newark)||Rutgers Law School (Newark campus; formerly Rutgers School of Law–Newark), Rutgers University||Public||Full ABA||1908 (merged in 2015)||1941||Urban|
|New Jersey (Newark)||Seton Hall University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1951||1951||Urban|
|New Mexico (Albuquerque)||University of New Mexico School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1947||1948||Urban|
|New York (Albany)||Albany Law School, Union University||Private||Full ABA||1851||1930||Urban|
|New York (Manhattan)||Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University||Private||Full ABA||1976||1978||Urban|
|New York (Brooklyn)||Brooklyn Law School||Private||Full ABA||1901||1937||Urban|
|New York (Buffalo)||University at Buffalo Law School, SUNY||Public||Full ABA||1887||1936||Urban|
|New York (Manhattan)||Columbia Law School||Private||Full ABA||1858||1923||Urban|
|New York (Ithaca)||Cornell Law School||Private||Full ABA||1887||1923||Rural (small city)|
|New York (Queens)||City University of New York School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1983||1985||Urban|
|New York (Manhattan)||Fordham University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1905||1936||Urban|
|New York (Hempstead)||Hofstra University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1970||1971||Suburban|
|New York (Central Islip)||Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center||Private||Full ABA||1980||1983||Suburban|
|New York (Manhattan)||New York Law School||Private||Full ABA||1891||1954||Urban|
|New York (Manhattan)||New York University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1835||1930||Urban|
|New York (White Plains)||The Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University||Private||Full ABA||1976||1978||Suburban|
|New York (Queens)||St. John's University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1925||1937||Urban|
|New York (Syracuse)||Syracuse University College of Law||Private||Full ABA||1895||1923||Urban|
|North Carolina (Durham)||Duke University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1904||1931||Urban|
|North Carolina (Greensboro)||Elon University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||2006||2008||Urban|
|North Carolina (Durham)||North Carolina Central University School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1940||1950||Urban|
|North Carolina (Raleigh)||Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Campbell University||Private||Full ABA||1976||1979||Urban|
|North Carolina (Chapel Hill)||University of North Carolina School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1845||1923||College Town|
|North Carolina (Winston-Salem)||Wake Forest University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1894||1936||Urban|
|North Dakota (Grand Forks)||University of North Dakota School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1899||1923||Urban|
|Ohio (Cleveland)||Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University||Public||Full ABA||1897||1957||Urban|
|Ohio (Columbus)||Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Ohio State University||Public||Full ABA||1891||1923||Urban|
|Ohio (Cincinnati)||University of Cincinnati College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1833||1923||Urban|
|Ohio (Cleveland)||Case Western Reserve University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1892||1923||Urban|
|Ohio (Columbus)||Capital University Law School||Private||Full ABA||1903||1950||Urban|
|Ohio (Dayton)||University of Dayton School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1974||1975||Urban|
|Ohio (Toledo)||University of Toledo College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1906||1939||Urban|
|Ohio (Ada)||Ohio Northern University, Pettit College of Law||Private||Full ABA||1885||1948||Rural|
|Ohio (Akron)||University of Akron School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1921||1961||Urban|
|Oklahoma (Oklahoma City)||Oklahoma City University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1907||1960||Urban|
|Oklahoma (Norman)||University of Oklahoma College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1909||1923||Suburban|
|Oklahoma (Tulsa)||University of Tulsa College of Law||Private||Full ABA||1923||1950||Urban|
|Oregon (Eugene), (Portland)||University of Oregon School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1884||1923||Urban|
|Oregon (Salem)||Willamette University College of Law||Private||Full ABA||1883||1938||Urban|
|Oregon (Portland)||Lewis & Clark Law School||Private||Full ABA||1915||1970||Urban|
|Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)||Drexel University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||2006||2008||Urban|
|Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh)||Duquesne University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1911||1960||Urban|
|Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)||Beasley School of Law, Temple University||Public||Full ABA||1895||1933||Urban|
|Pennsylvania (Carlisle)||Dickinson School of Law, Penn State University||Public||Full ABA||1834||1931||Rural|
|Pennsylvania (University Park)||Penn State Law, Penn State University||Public||Full ABA||1834||1931||College Town (Rural)|
|Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)||University of Pennsylvania Law School||Private||Full ABA||1850||1923||Urban|
|Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh)||University of Pittsburgh School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1895||1923||Urban|
|Pennsylvania (Radnor)||Villanova University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1953||1954||Suburban|
|Pennsylvania (Harrisburg)||Widener University Commonwealth Law School||Private||Full ABA||1989||1988||Urban|
|Puerto Rico (San Juan)||Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1961||1969|
|Puerto Rico (Ponce)||Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1948||1967|
|Puerto Rico (San Juan)||University of Puerto Rico School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1913||1945|
|Rhode Island (Bristol)||Roger Williams University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1992||1995||Suburban|
|South Carolina (Columbia)||University of South Carolina School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1867||1925||Urban|
|South Dakota (Vermillion)||University of South Dakota School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1901||1923||Urban|
|Tennessee (Nashville)||Belmont University College of Law||Private||Full ABA||2011||2013||Urban|
|Tennessee (Memphis)||Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, University of Memphis||Public||Full ABA||1962||1965||Urban|
|Tennessee (Knoxville)||Duncan School of Law, Lincoln Memorial University||Private||Full ABA||2009||2014||Urban|
|Tennessee (Nashville)||Nashville School of Law||Private||Tennessee||1911||State accredited (2001)||Urban|
|Tennessee (Knoxville)||University of Tennessee College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1890||1925||Urban|
|Tennessee (Nashville)||Vanderbilt University Law School||Private||Full ABA||1874||1925||Urban|
|Texas (Waco)||Baylor Law School, Baylor University||Private||Full ABA||1845||1931||Urban (college town)|
|Texas (Dallas)||Dedman School of Law, Southern Methodist University||Private||Full ABA||1911||1927||Urban|
|Texas (Houston)||Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Texas Southern University||Public||Full ABA||1947||1949||Urban|
|Texas (Houston)||University of Houston Law Center||Public||Full ABA||1947||1950||Urban|
|Texas (Houston)||South Texas College of Law||Private||Full ABA||1923||1959||Urban|
|Texas (Lubbock)||Texas Tech University School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1967||1969||Urban|
|Texas (Austin)||University of Texas School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1883||1923||Urban|
|Texas (Fort Worth)||Texas A&M University School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1992||1994||Urban|
|Texas (San Antonio)||St. Mary's University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1927||1948||Urban|
|Utah (Provo)||J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University||Private||Full ABA||1973||1974||Suburban|
|Utah (Salt Lake City)||S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah||Public||Full ABA||1913||1927||Urban|
|Vermont (South Royalton)||Vermont Law School||Private||Full ABA||1972||1975||Rural|
|Virginia (Grundy)||Appalachian School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1994||2001||Rural|
|Virginia (Arlington)||Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University||Public||Full ABA||1972||1980||Urban/Suburban|
|Virginia (Lynchburg)||Liberty University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||2004||2006||Suburban|
|Virginia (Virginia Beach)||Regent University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1986||1989||Suburban|
|Virginia (Lexington)||Washington and Lee University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1849||1923||Rural|
|Virginia (Williamsburg)||Marshall-Wythe School of Law, The College of William and Mary||Public||Full ABA||1779||1932||Rural / Suburban|
|Virginia (Richmond)||University of Richmond School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1870||1928||Urban|
|Virginia (Charlottesville)||University of Virginia School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1826||1923||Small city (rural / suburban)|
|Virginia (Charlottesville)||The Judge Advocate General's Legal Center and School||Public||Full ABA||1942||1958|
|Washington (Spokane)||Gonzaga University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1912||1951||Urban|
|Washington (Seattle)||Seattle University School of Law||Private||Full ABA||1972||1994||Urban|
|Washington (Seattle)||University of Washington School of Law||Public||Full ABA||1889||1924||Urban|
|West Virginia (Morgantown)||West Virginia University College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1878||1923||Urban|
|Wisconsin (Milwaukee)||Marquette University Law School||Private||Full ABA||1892||1925||Urban|
|Wisconsin (Madison)||University of Wisconsin Law School||Public||Full ABA||1868||1923||Urban|
|Wyoming (Laramie)||University of Wyoming College of Law||Public||Full ABA||1920||1923||Small city|
1 – Provisional ABA accreditation expired in June 2011
2 – Provisional accreditation via the Puerto Rico Supreme Court
|California (Los Angeles)||Concord Law School, Purdue University Global||California||1998||2020|
|Florida (Jacksonville)||Florida Coastal School of Law, InfiLaw System||Full ABA||1996|
|Georgia (Atlanta)||John Marshall Law School,||Full ABA||1933||2005|
|North Carolina (Charlotte)||Charlotte School of Law InfiLaw System||Closed 2017||2006|
|South Carolina (Charleston)||Charleston School of Law||Full ABA||2003||2006|
|State (city)||School||Accreditation||Year founded|
|Alaska (Anchorage)||University of Alaska at Anchorage||Not applicable||Proposed|
|Louisiana (Pineville)||Pressler School of Law, Louisiana College||Not applicable||2012|
|New York (Rochester)||St. John Fisher College School of Law||Not applicable||Proposed|
|North Carolina (Charlotte)||University of North Carolina at Charlotte||Not applicable||Proposed|
|Texas (Dallas)||University of North Texas at Dallas College of Law||Provisional||Opened in 2014|
- History of the American legal profession
- Lists of law schools
- Law school in the United States
- Legal education in the United States
- Law school rankings in the United States
- Online law school
- List of law school GPA curves
- List of law schools attended by United States Supreme Court justices
- Catholic University of America School of Canon Law
- ABA Accreditation Process
- List of ABA approved law schools
- "A Message from the Whittier College Board of Trustees". Archived from the original on 2017-04-20. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
-  ABA-CLE Career Resource Center
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-06-30. Retrieved 2007-09-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Law Schools
- "Welcome". BSOL. 2012-05-29. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Cumberland School of Law". Cumberland.samford.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Miles Law School". Mlaw.edu. 2012-04-27. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Thomas Goode Jones School of Law". December 16, 2008. Archived from the original on December 16, 2008.
- "The University of Alabama | School of Law". Law.ua.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law". Law.asu.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "James E. Rogers College of Law". Law.arizona.edu. 2012-05-22. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "University of Arkansas School of Law". Law.uark.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "William H. Bowen School of Law | University of Arkansas at Little Rock". Law.ualr.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Online Law School | Online Law Degree: Abraham Lincoln University – Online Law School in California | Online Legal Studies Programs | Legal Training Courses". Alu.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "American Heritage University: School of Law". Amheritageuniv.net. Archived from the original on 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- DeBenedictis, Don J. (July 12, 2012). "New law school to focus on advocacy". Los Angeles Daily Journal. p. 5.
- "Cal Northern School of Law: Cal Northern Law School". Calnorthern.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "California School of Law". Californiaschooloflaw.com. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Online Education | Online Education Degree – California Southern University". Calsouthern.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "California Western School of Law – San Diego, CA". Cwsl.edu. 2012-05-22. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Chapman University – Chapman University School of Law". Chapman.edu. 2012-01-27. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Pacific West College of Law". pacific west college of law. 2014-12-26. Retrieved 2014-12-26.
- "School of Law | Empire College". Empcol.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- Glendale University College Of Law :: Home
- "School of Law – Golden Gate University". Ggu.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "International Pacific School of Law". Paclawschool.com. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "College of Law | Irvine University". Irvineuniversity.edu. Archived from the original on 2012-05-11. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "John F. Kennedy University • College of Law". Jfku.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Oak Brook College of Law – A Christian Correspondence Law School". Obcl.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Home – Pacific West College Of Law". Pacificwestcollege.com. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Online Law School | Online Law Degree: St. Francis School of Law". Stfrancislaw.com. 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Western State College of Law". wsulaw.edu.
- UC Irvine receives $1 million gift for its new law school's library Archived 2007-06-03 at the Wayback Machine, UCI press release, May 1, 2007 (noting the approval of the law school's creation by the University of California Board of Regents with an expected 2009 opening date).
- It’s Agreed: No Bren Name on UCI Law School, Orange County Business Journal 10-20-2008[dead link]
- "San Luis Obispo School of Law – Home". Slolaw.org. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- Founded in 1977 as the University of Bridgeport School of Law, in 1992 merged with Quinnipiac University
- "Widener University Delaware Law School – Home". delawarelaw.widener.edu. Retrieved 2017-02-17.
- Started in 1972 as the Antioch School of Law, in 1996 merged with the District of Columbia School of Law, itself founded in 1986
- Opened in 1949, closed in 1968 and reopened in 2000
- On the campus of St. Thomas University
- Through St. Thomas University School of Law
- "WMU-Cooley Law School". www.cooley.edu. Retrieved 2018-10-30.
- "Tampa Bay Campus | WMU Cooley Law School". www.cooley.edu. Retrieved 2018-10-30.
- "Moscow & Boise – College of Law – University of Idaho". www.uidaho.edu. Retrieved 2018-10-30.
- Founded in 1975 as Lewis University College of Law and in 1979 merged with Northern Illinois University
- Northeastern closed, because of lacking resources, in 1956 and reopened in 1968.
- Opened in 1982 as Southern New England School of Law, because UMass-Dartmouth School of Law in 2010.
- Has satellite campuses in Grand Rapids, Rochester, and Ann Arbor.
- "Cooley Law is now Western Michigan University Cooley Law School". 13 August 2014.
- Founded in 1923, closed in 1933 and reopened 1999
- First of five predecessor school founded in 1900; mergers completed in 1956
- Two of the five predecessor schools were ABA accredited: William Mitchell College of Law (1938) and Hamline University School of Law (1975)
- Closed in 1845 and reopened in 1908
- Founded separately as Cleveland Law School in 1897 and John Marshall School of Law in 1916, merged in 1946
- Law, University of Oregon School Of. "Portland Program | University of Oregon School of Law". Retrieved 2018-10-30.
- All Day. "Welcome to Lewis & Clark Law School in Beautiful Portland, Oregon". Lclark.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Widener University Commonwealth Law School – Home". commonwealthlaw.widener.edu. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "Universidad Interamericana de Puerto Rico". Derecho.inter.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Belmont University | Nashville, TN | College of Law". Belmont.edu. 2009-10-07. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- William & Mary Law School. "William & Mary Law » Homepage". Law.wm.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "School of Law – University of Richmond". Law.richmond.edu. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- The U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Legal Center and School confers the Master of Laws (LL.M) degree only, and it is generally open only to Judge Advocate General (JAG) Corps military officers.
- Originally opened in 1942, closed in 1946 and then reopened in 1950
- "Concord Law School". Missing or empty
- "Florida Coastal School of Law".
- "Atlanta's John Marshall Law School".
- "For-Profit Charlotte School of Law Closes". New York Times. Aug 15, 2017.
- "Charleston School of Law". charlestonlaw.edu.
- "UAF Medical School proposed". UAF Sun Star. February 22, 2011. Archived from the original on 2014-12-13. Retrieved 2014-12-12.
- "New Site". Law.lacollege.edu. Archived from the original on 2012-03-17. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Proposed UNT Law College : A Public College of Law for DFW and north Texas". Untsystem.unt.edu. 2012-04-10. Archived from the original on 2011-11-30. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "The ABA just gave UNT-Dallas law school the only thing it ever asked for: A chance to prove itself". 7 June 2017.
- "Summit School of Law".
- "California State Bar, General Statistics Report, July 2008 California Bar Examination". Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "American College of Law – Anaheim – California". Aclaw.com. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "California Southern Law School". Cslawschool.com. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "California State Bar, General Statistics Report, February 2003 California Bar Examination". Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Inland Valley University College of Law". Inlandvalleyuniversity.net. Archived from the original on 2012-06-10. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "MD Kirk School of Law". MD Kirk School of Law. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "California Midland School of Law". Californiamidland.com. Archived from the original on 2012-03-08. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "California State Bar, General Statistics Report, July 2001 California Bar Examination". Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- David, Roger Wolcott (October 20, 1948). "History of the Hartford College of Law". University of Connecticut. Retrieved June 8, 2019.
- FAMU College of Law (2018). "College of Law History". Retrieved June 3, 2019.
- See "Extreme Makeover: Law School Edition[permanent dead link]," Daily Report, May 21, 2007.
- McClure's Magazine, LaSalle Extension University advertisement, Outstanding Facts About LaSalle, April, 1922, page 7
- "Lincoln College of Law". History of Sangamon County, Illinois. 19 January 2015.
- "TIM OBERMILLER, For five decades, Illinois Wesleyan's law school trained top legal minds". IWU Magazine, Spring 2012 edition.
- "Concordia Law School in Boise to close". KTVB. June 25, 2020. Retrieved June 28, 2020.
- "Indiana Tech to shutter its law school". Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Lanich, Carley (May 17, 2020). "Valparaiso University graduates last class of law students in midst of coranvirus pandemic". NWI.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- Hamilton College, History of the Government Department at Hamilton College, accessed July 18, 2013
- Charles Elmer Allison, A Historical Sketch of Hamilton College, Clinton, New York, 1889, page 75
- North Carolina Office of Archives and History. "Greensboro Law School". StoppingPoints.com. Retrieved June 3, 2019.
- List of ABA approved law schools
- Law Schools, State Bar of California
- NALP (National Association for Law Placement) Directory of Law Schools—a non-profit educational association listing of law schools
- List of Top Law Schools – U.S. News University Directory