Legislative district of Las Piñas
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
The Legislative District of Las Piñas City is the representation of the City of Las Piñas in the Philippine House of Representatives. From 1907 until 1972, it was represented as part of the first district of Rizal. Las Piñas was part of the representation of Region IV in the Interim Batasang Pambansa from 1978 to 1984, and was grouped with Parañaque (as the district of Las Piñas-Parañaque) from 1984 to 1986 for representation in the Regular Batasang Pambansa. In 1987 it was grouped with Muntinlupa to form the district of Las Piñas-Muntinlupa. Las Piñas first elected its own representative in 1998, after the city charter of Muntinlupa (Republic Act No. 7926), approved on March 1, 1995 and ratified on May 8, 1995, separated the two. This separation was confirmed by the city's own city charter (RA 8251), approved on February 2, 1997 and ratified on March 26, 1997.
- Population (2015): 588,894
|Manuel B. Villar, Jr.|
|Cynthia A. Villar|
|Mark A. Villar1|
|Camille A. Villar|
- Philippine House of Representatives Congressional Library
- "Camille Villar proclaimed Las Piñas congresswoman". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 14 May 2019. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- Cayabyab, Marc Jayson (2016-08-02). "Villar resigns as Las Piñas rep, takes on DPWH post". INQUIRER.net. Retrieved 2016-08-05.
- Arcangel, Xianne (2016-08-02). "Mark Villar's wife appointed 'caretaker' rep of Las Piñas". GMA News Online. Retrieved 2017-01-31.