This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||David James Healy
16 November 1970
Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland
|Other names||Matt Healy|
|Years active||1997 – present|
When he was three years old his family moved from Paisley to Oldham, Lancashire, where he was brought up. He attended Oldham College and the University of Salford. After leaving college he travelled abroad until deciding to take up acting as a full-time career, but admits that he spent a lot of time "resting" and taking on manual jobs between finding roles. When he started acting he used the stage name Matt Healy because there was already an actor named David Healy. In 1997, he toured in the stage play Girls' Night Out, playing a gay stripper.
He briefly played the part of a policeman in Coronation Street. He has also been in The Bill, Playing the Field and Holby City. He was almost considering giving up acting when, in 2004, he auditioned for the role of devious Matthew King on Emmerdale.
He made his first Emmerdale appearance on 4 March 2004, as the character Matthew King. He was in the soap for nearly five years and made his last screen appearance on 16 December 2008, when the character was killed on his wedding day.
He toured the UK in the comedy The Tart and the Vicar's Wife between July and November 2009. He starred alongside Christopher Villiers in 'Inside Job' that toured theatres like Theatre Clwyd, Mold from 13 September through 18 December 2010.
Matt Healy appeared as Captain Hook in Peter Pan at the Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury, Shropshire between December 2009 and January 2010. He appeared along with Disney Channel's icon Samantha Dorrance who played Wendy in the pantomime. December 2010 to January 2011 Matt once again starred as Captain Hook. This time in the Weymouth Pavilion (Dorset) production of Peter Pan.
- The Things You Do for Love: Against the Odds (1998) (TV) as 1st Drunk
- This Is Personal: The Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper (2000) as DC Rogan
- Lenny Henry in Pieces (2000) (TV)
- The Bill (2001) as Alan Morton
- Mersey Beat (2001) as Greg
- Playing the Field (2002) as Les
- Holby City (2003) as Barry Andrews
- Emmerdale (2004–2008) as Matthew King
- Freight (2009) as Geoff - Building Foreman
- Casualty (2009) as PC Callaghan
- Soul Flowers (2009) as Andy Butters
- The Best Years (2010) as Jackie 'Giggles' McGarrigle
- No Quarter (2012) as Geoff
- Dementamania (2013) as William Hawkes