|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: MCLS|
|Headquarters||Brentwood, Essex, England|
Number of locations
|1,276 stores (as of January 2014)|
|Subsidiaries||Martin McColl Ltd|
McColls Retail Group is a British convenience store and newsagent operator, trading under the trading names McColls (for convenience stores), Martins (newsagents and variety stores) and RS McColl for stores in Scotland. McColls also operate post offices in one third of the estate, making them the largest post office operator in the UK.
The company was floated on the stock market in January 2014.
In July 2016, wholly owned subsidiary - Martin McColl Ltd - announced it would acquire 298 stores from the Co-operative Group Limited (subject to CMA approval) for £117 million.
- Wood, Zoe (27 January 2014). "McColl's top managers in line for £180m fortune from flotation". The Guardian.
- Addy, Rod. "TM puts c-stores under single McColl's fascia".
- "McColl's - Our History".
- "McColl's - Did you know?".
- "Acquisition of 298 stores from the Co-Op - RNS - London Stock Exchange".