|Launched||10 February 2013|
|Owned by||Madhyamam Broadcasting Limited|
|Headquarters||Kozhikode, Kerala, India|
|Sister channel(s)||Media One Gulf|
|Sun Direct |
|Dish TV |
|Airtel Digital TV |
|Tata Sky |
|Videocon D2H |
|Kerala Vision Digital TV |
|Asianet Digital TV (India)||125|
|DEN Networks (Kerala)||621|
|Ooredoo TV, Qatar||646|
MediaOne TV (Malayalam: മീഡിയവണ് ടി വി) is an Indian television channel broadcasting in Malayalam, operated by Madhyamam Broadcasting Limited. The channel was licensed in September 2011 and was officially launched on 10 February 2013. The main studio is located at Velliparamba, Kozhikode. Mini news studios are available in all the major cities of India. T.K. Farook is the Executive Director, Abdul Majeed M is the Chief Executive Officer, O Abdurahman is the group editor (Madhyamam-Media One) and CL Thomas is the chief editor.
Kerala Chief Minister Mr. Oommen chandy inaugurated the foundation stone laying ceremony of MediaOne headquarters and studio complex at Velliparambu near Kozhikode.
The channel was officially launched on 10 February 2013 by Defence Minister A K Antony at a gala function held at Swapna Nagari, Kozhikode. Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Opposition Leader V.S. Achuthanandan, Kerala IT & Industry Minister P.K Kunhalikutty, film director Ranjith, BJP Leader Adv. Sreedharan Pillai, novelist Mukundan, Jamaet Ameer T Arifali, and Madhyamam-MediaOne group editor O.Abdurahiman also delivered felicitation speeches in the function.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy delivered the inaugural address while the leader of the Opposition V S Achuthanandan inaugurated the studio complex and industries minister P K Kunjalikutty inaugurated the news studio. Malayalam film director Ranjith released the Signature Music of Media One TV at the inaugural ceremony.
Coverage, viewership and impact
MediaOne TV is widely accepted by Malayalis because of its alternative media culture based on moral and human values. The channel boasts of the highly advanced technology, presents a unique treat in both visuals and content. It is the most popular Malayalam channel among Kerala expats in the Middle East.
Media One's Facebook page reached one million followers within first 29 months of broadcasting. Media One became the fourth Malayalam channel out of 32 to reach the 1 million follower threshold, after Asianet, Manorama News and Reporter. Now, it has got 1.65 million followers on Facebook.
|Orbital location||66 degree East Longitude|
|Down link polarization||Horizontal|
|Downlink frequency||4006 MHz|
|Symbol rate||14400 Ksps|
Direct to Network (DTN)
- JAINHITS (available all over India)
Direct to Home (DTH)
- SUN Direct (channel no. 217)
- Dish TV (channel no. 723)
- Airtel DTH (channel no. 850)
- Reliance Big TV (channel no. 779)
- Videocon D2H (channel no. 631)
- Tatasky (channel no. 1840)
- ACV (channel no. 108)
- Kerala Vision Digital TV, Kerala (channel no. 21)
- Asianet Digital TV, Kerala (channel no. 125)
- E-Vision, UAE (channel no. 809 Media One and Channel no. 810 Media One Gulf)
- OOREDOO, Qatar (channel no. 646 )
Awards and recognitions
State government awards
- Aneesh Ravi won Best Anchor awards in Kerala State Television Awards 2013 for the programme Cucumber City.
- Sunil Baby and Sajith Ajmal of Media One were selected the best investigative journalists for the programme Truth Inside (The death of a river) in Kerala State Television Awards 2013.
- Mediaonetv was presented five awards in the state television awards for the year 2016 in different categories.
The award for best news presentator was given to Mediaonetv broadcast journalist KR Gopikrishnan. Special Edition, a news-based debate program bagged him the award. Mr Arun Kumar, who led the ‘Kerala Summit’, was presented with the award for best anchor/presentator. ‘Beyond the Headline’, a weekly program telecasted on Mediaonetv, was selected as the best television show. The award was presented to Sanoop Sasidharan, reporter at Mediaonetv who prepared the episode namely ‘Vaipinile Amma’. Syam Krishnan was presented with the award for best science and environment documentary. The award was received by Mediaonetv Public Relations manager Shakkir Jameel.
Criticism and controversies
In February–March 2014, an autobiography of Gail Tredwell, a former female disciple and closest personal attendant of Mata Amritanandamayi, titled Holy Hell: A Memoir of Faith, Devotion, and Pure Madness made an allegation against Amritanandamayi and her ashram in Kerala. The book, alleges that a senior follower of the ashram, Balu, had a sexual relationship with Amritanandamayi and the author for many years. It also alleges that Amritanandamayi behaved in a rude, aggressive manner and abused the author for many years. The mainstream media of Kerala was afraid to report the allegations made by the book.
In accordance with an order from Ernakulam judicial first magistrate court, on 11 March 2014, Kerala Police registered a case against Gail Tredwell and some media organisations, including TV channels Indiavision, Reporter, Media One TV and newspapers the Thejas and Madhyamam, in response to a petition.
- Dr. Yaseen Ashraf : Managing Director
- O. Abdurahman : Group Editor (Madhyamam - MediaOne)
- CL. Thomas : Editor in Chief
- "MediaOne TV channel launched"[permanent dead link], Jamaate-Islami Hind, Kerala Official Website, 11 February 2013
- "Mediaone TV logo unveiled". http://www.madhyamam.com. Retrieved 2012-06-17. External link in
- MediaOne Team Archived 19 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "മീഡിയ വണ് മിഴി തുറന്നു", MEDIA one Official website, 10 February 2013
- "MediaOne TV channel launched: Madhyamam Daily News"
- "MediaOne TV Signature Song"
- "Satellite Information", MEDIA one, 11 February 2013
- "SUN dth Information" Archived 24 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine, MEDIA one, 26 March 2013
- "State television awards announced". The Hindu. 22 April 2015. Retrieved 2 May 2015.
- Tredwell, Gail (2013). Holy Hell A Memoir of Faith, Devotion and Pure Madness. ISBN 978-0-9896794-0-4.
- "Book on Amma: Petition against media organizations, others". The Hindu. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Call to bring out truth about charges against Math". The Hindu. 10 March 2014. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Amritanandamayi mutt row: Gail Tredwell, five news organisations booked". India Today. 12 March 2014. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Media One TV.|