Mount Kuring-gai railway station
Northbound view in August 2007
|Location||Pacific Highway, Mount Kuring-gai|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||40.67 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Status||Staffed morning peak|
Mount Kuring-gai railway station is on the Main Northern line, serving the Sydney suburb of Mount Kuring-gai. It is served by Sydney Trains T1 North Shore Line services and some early morning and late night NSW TrainLink Central Coast & Newcastle Line services.
Mount Kuring-gai station opened on 5 October 1901 as a passing loop named Kuring-gai. It was renamed Mount Kuring-gai on 1 August 1904, and in 1909 the present station was built when the Main Northern line was duplicated.
The station was the terminating point for some services and had a signal box to facilitate these workings. It was removed in April 1988.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Epping, Richmond & Emu Plains via Gordon|||
|limited services to Central via Strathfield|||
|2||services to Berowra|||
|limited services to Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
Transdev NSW operate two routes via Mount Kuring-gai station:
- Mount Kuring-gai Station NSWrail.net
- Mount Kuring-gai Railway Station Group NSW Environment
- "Metropolitan Closures" Railway Digest June 1988 page 228
- "T1: North Shore & Northern line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended February 2015].
- "Central Coast & Newcastle line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 5 January 2015.
- "Route 592 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 20 July 2015.
- "Route 597 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 20 July 2015.