Adamstown railway station, New South Wales
Southbound view in May 2007
|Location||Park Avenue, Adamstown|
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||161.12 km (100.12 mi) from Central|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||15 August 1887|
|Passengers (2013)||120 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
As part of the electrification of the line in the early 1980s, new station buildings were built, the western relief line and Platform 3 removed, and the 1939 built signal box on Platform 1 that used to control movements to the Belmont line decommissioned on 4 December 1983. Until December 1991, the Belmont line diverged to the south-east of the station.
The station was upgraded with new lifts and footbridge with work completed by late 2017.
Platforms and services
|1||services to Gosford & Sydney Central|||
|2||services to Newcastle|||
Newcastle Transport operates one route via Adamstown station:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- Adamstown Station NSWrail.net
- Adamstown Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest June 1984 page 197
- "Central Coast & Newcastle line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Newcastle Transport route 14". Transport for NSW.