A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2020)
Murfie is an American commercial music streaming service originally based in Madison, Wisconsin. Murfie members buy, sell, and trade compact discs and stream or download their contents. Members could also digitize and store CDs and LPs they sent from home to Murfie.
In November 2019, Murfie ceased operations.
In January 2020, the site's assets were acquired by Crossies LLC.
John Fenley is the owner of both Murfie and Crossies. John Fenley, Murfie, and Crossies business address is 2622 West 17 street, Pine Bluff AR, 71603. John Fenley can also be found on Twitter, YouTube, and Twitch platforms under the moniker 'Pontifier'.
The Murfie/Crossies facility is approximately 218,952 square feet of industrial light manufacturing facility in the County seat of Jefferson County in the City of Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
According to an article by SARAH HAUER | MILWAUKEE JOURNAL SENTINEL, Crossies committed to the project of returning collections to those who had entrusted the Madison company with their music. An LLC set up after Murfie dissolved has been trying to return discs to customers. About 150,000 discs have been requested from a warehouse that is holding around 750,000, according to an email update from Murfie Customer Returns Service LLC, an independent organization set up to help customers get their music back.
- "Wis. Business Hopes To Help Break The CD Habit". NPR.org. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Murfie Music | Buy, Sell, Download CDs". www.murfie.com. Retrieved 2015-09-16.
- "An unusual TechStar: Murfie seeks to build huge CD store". Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- Liederbach, Author Kayla (Feb 27, 2014). "Lossless streaming on Sonos, worldwide!". Retrieved Nov 19, 2020.
- "A small Wisconsin company stored thousands of people's CDs, then suddenly vanished". 13 December 2019. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- Hauer, Sarah. "Defunct music storage service Murfie's assets acquired by another company". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved Nov 19, 2020.
- "Defunct music storage service Murfie's assets acquired by another company". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved Nov 19, 2020.