|Type of business||Private|
|Founded||January 2008in Brussels, Belgium|
|Headquarters||Amsterdam, the Netherlands|
Union Square Ventures (minority stake)
Alexandre Saboundjian (Founder and CEO)|
Jef Mauguit (CTO)
Thierry Ascarez (VP of Business Development)
|Alexa rank||19,500 (February 2016[update])|
|Advertising||Banner ads, Audio ads|
|Registration||Free (required to save stations)|
Radionomy is an online platform that provides tools for operating online radio stations.
Radionomy is part of Radionomy Group.
The name of Radionomy is a contraction of two words: radio + autonomy. Radionomy allows users to create their own online radio or listen to online radio, all created and programmed by users. Through a platform called RMO, they can choose music, chronic and radio jingles or they wish to broadcast their radio. They can add their own audio content including own musical pieces, jingles. Moreover, it is possible to make live broadcasts.
Radionomy acquires copyright license for its music content through SABAM. It generates revenue to pay royalties and other operating costs by broadcasting up to four minutes per hour of advertising.
Radionomy was founded in September 2007 by four Belgian entrepreneurs: Alexandre Saboundjian Gilles Bindels, Cedric van Kan and Yves Baudechon.
- 17 January - Radionomy held a press conference at the Eiffel Tower in Paris, and announced the public launch of the planned business April 17, 2008.
- Late February - the alpha version of the Radio Manager is broadcast from a community of beta testers selected based on their radio project. This is the beginning of the beta test.
- 17 April - the Radionomy site opens to the Belgian and French public, allowing visitors to listen to Internet radio stations created on the platform.
- 17 June - Radionomy has released its beta.
- Unknown - after several beta waves, live function is incorporated into all web radios, whatever the creation date and the number of radio listeners.
- February 15 - opening of the feature "Play the radio" allowing all producers radios can have a website pre-designed.
- March - the launch of the advertising Adionomy that allows advertisers to broadcast their advertising on the web radios targeting listeners.
- 30 May - Radionomy arrives in the capital Hotmixradio.
- June 28 - Radionomy announces the signing of an agreement with the US digital advertising platform TargetSpot.
- August 29 - Adionomy board was launched, new governance in the world of digital radio in France.
- 5 September - Radionomy announces the opening of its US headquarters in San Francisco.
- 18 September -Radionomy launched G2, the new version of the platform. This includes updates to the site radionomy.com, and the release of the Radio Manager Online online platform which replaced the older Radio Manager desktop application. Facebook, iPhone, and iPad applications were also released.
- late October - Alexander Saboundjian, CEO of Radionomy, became manager of Hotmixradio, instead of its founder Olivier Riou.
- 18 September - Radionomy won the award "International Excellence in Online Audio" awarded at the RAIN Summit in Orlando, Florida.
- December 16 - Radionomy acquired U.S.-based advertising TargetSpot.
- 17 January - Radionomy formalizes the acquisition of Winamp and SHOUTcast from AOL. However, TechCrunch has reported that the sale of Winamp and Shoutcast is worth between $5 and $10 million, with AOL taking a 12% stake (a financial, not strategic, investment) in Radionomy in the process.
On 17 December 2015, Vivendi acquired a 64.4% majority stake in Radionomy. Its shareholders including its employees and U.S.-based investment company Union Square Ventures, retained its stake in the company.
- 26 February - In a lawsuit filed at a California federal court, a group of Sony brands – including Arista Records, LaFace Records and Sony Music Entertainment – accused Radionomy of copyright infringement.  The case was settled out of court shortly thereafter. 
List of properties owned by Radionomy Group
In addition to its own online radio aggregation service, Radionomy owns audio and radio-related digital properties:
- "Radionomy.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2016-02-13.
- Radionomy a organisé une conférence de presse dans la Tour Eiffel à Paris (archive)
- Lunden, Ingrid (1 January 2014). "AOL Sells Winamp And Shoutcast Music Services To Online Radio Aggregator Radionomy". TechCrunch. AOL.
- "Winamp lives on after acquisition by Radionomy". The Verge. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- Lunden, Ingrid. "AOL Sells Winamp And Shoutcast For $5-10M To Radionomy, Takes 12% Stake In Belgian Digital Audio Startup". techcrunch.com. TechCrunch. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "Vivendi Buys Majority Stake In Winamp, Shoutcast Owner Radionomy". Variety. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- Sony Music sues Universal sister company Radionomy Music Business Worldwide. Retrieved 05-07-2016.
- "Arista Music et al v. Radionomy, Inc. et al Case Depository". PacerMonitor.