Muthu Krishna Mani
Muthu Krishna Mani
Tamil Nadu, India
|Known for||therapeutics of renal disorders|
Muthu Krishna Mani is an Indian nephrologist and a pioneer of nephrology in India. He is a former chief of nephrology department at Apollo Hospital, Chennai and is best known for treating Jayaprakash Narayan when the latter was suffering from renal disorder. The Government of India awarded him the Padma Bhushan, the third highest civilian award, in 1991. He is also a recipient of the Dhanvantari Award (2011) and the Ravindranath Tagore Award. He has published over 125 medical papers[note 1] and the orations delivered by him include the 2018 Dr. Pathros Matthai Memorial Oration of the Indian Society of Nephrology (southern chapter - ISNSC).
- Ganesan, Muthusamy V.; Annigeri, Rajeev A.; Shankar, Bhuvaneswari; Rao, Budithi Subba; Prakash, Kowdle C.; Seshadri, Rajagopalan; Mani, Muthu Krishna (2009). "The Protein Equivalent of Nitrogen Appearance in Critically Ill Acute Renal Failure Patients Undergoing Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy". Journal of Renal Nutrition. 19 (2): 161–166. doi:10.1053/j.jrn.2008.11.009. ISSN 1051-2276. PMID 19218043.
- Mani, Muthu Krishna (2005). "Experience with a program for prevention of chronic renal failure in India". Kidney International. 67 (94): S75–S78. doi:10.1111/j.1523-1755.2005.09419.x. ISSN 0085-2538. PMID 15752246.
- Mani, Muthu Krishna (1998). "The Management of End-Stage Renal Disease in India". Artificial Organs. 22 (3): 182–186. doi:10.1046/j.1525-1594.1998.06070.x. ISSN 0160-564X.
- Please see Selected bibliography section and external links
- "Dhanvantari Award for M.K. Mani". The Hindu. 21 October 2011. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Dr. M.K. Mani, Chief Nephrologist, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, has been honoured with the Dhanvantari Award, 2011". www.apollohospitals.com. 20 October 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Dr M K Mani receives Dhanvantari Award 2011". India Medical Times. 12 November 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Padma Awards". Padma Awards. Government of India. 17 May 2018. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Nephrologist Dr M K Mani conferred 'Dhanvantari Award'". Web India. 30 October 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Pioneer of Nephrology in India, Dr M K Mani declared the Winner of 40th Dhanvantari Award". Jagranjosh.com. 21 October 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Scientific Programme" (PDF). Indian Society of Nephrology. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "M K Mani's scientific contributions". ResearchGate. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
|This Indian medicine-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|