|Slogan||Red, Wild + Blue|
|Headquarters||New Berlin, Wisconsin|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Owner||Outdoor Sportsman Group (Kroenke Sports & Entertainment)|
|Sister channels||Outdoor Channel|
World Fishing Network
|Launched||April 1, 2003|
|RaiPlay||Channel 1 (SD)|
|Dish Network||395 (HD/SD)|
|AT&T U-verse||1642 (HD)|
|UPC Romania||Channel 112|
|Sling TV||Internet Protocol|
|DirecTV Now||Internet Protocol|
Sportsman Channel is an American sports-oriented digital cable and satellite television network owned by the Outdoor Sportsman Group subsidiary of Kroenke Sports & Entertainment. The channel is dedicated to programming about outdoor sports, including hunting, shooting and fishing.
As of February 2015, Sportsman Channel is available to approximately 34.1 million pay television households (29.3% of households with at least one television set) in the United States.
The channel was launched on April 1, 2003, and was founded by Muskego, Wisconsin businessmen C. Michael Cooley and Todd D. Hansen. In June 2007, the channel was purchased by the InterMedia Outdoor Holdings group, a division of private equity group InterMedia Partners.
In March 2009, Sportsman Channel appointed InterMedia Outdoor Executive Vice President Willy Burkhardt as the channel's president.
Programming on Sportsman Channel as of 2014[update] includes various shows pertaining to hunting (both by archery and through firearms), fishing and firearms. An hour-long condensed version of Cam & Co., a news magazine/talk radio program produced by the National Rifle Association for SiriusXM Patriot, airs each weeknight. Most other shows on the channel air in half-hour timeslots. Sportsman Channel also airs infomercials during the overnight hours.
In September 2009, the channel announced it would carry up to 100 original programs on its schedule starting in the fourth quarter of 2009. In March 2014, the channel premiered Amazing America with Sarah Palin, an outdoor program hosted by the former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate; the program was renewed for a second season slated to air in early 2015.
Sportsman Channel HD
Sportsman Channel HD is a high definition simulcast feed of Sportsman Channel, that broadcasts in the 1080i resolution format. On January 19, 2010, the channel announced it would launch an HD simulcast feed the following week on January 25 of that year. In February 2010, Dish Network became the first provider to carry the channel's HD feed. The HD feed is now available on various providers including AT&T, Cablevision, and Comcast.
Former broadcast television affiliates
The Sportsman Channel was once available on some broadcast stations. However, when it reached a carriage agreement deal with DirecTV in January 2009, giving it national coverage, it became a cable and satellite only channel.
|Call-sign||Channel (analog/digital)||City of license/Market||Owner||Current affiliation||Notes|
|WLLZ-LP||12/none||Traverse City, Michigan||P & P Cable Holdings||MyNetworkTV (primary) / America One (secondary)||TSC programming formerly aired during the overnight hours, was replaced with Retro Television Network|
|WMKG-CA||38/none||Muskegon, Michigan||Kelley Enterprises||FamilyNet (primary) / Pursuit Channel (secondary)||Now affiliate of My Family TV|
|WHSV-DT2 and -DT4||none/3.2 and 3.4||Harrisonburg, Virginia||Gray Television||Fox||Removed, formerly aired overnight|
|KJLR-LP||28/none||Little Rock, Arkansas||Cowsert Family, LLC||AMGTV||Removed, formerly carried as a secondary affiliation|
|KDCG-LP||none/22.1||Opelousas, Louisiana||Acadiana Cable Advertising||Retro Television Network||Removed, formerly maintained a dual affiliation with America One; also operates as a Class A digital signal|
|KSDI-LP||33/none||Fresno, California||Cocola Broadcasting||Pursuit Channel/AMGTV||Removed, replaced with Pursuit Channel|
|KXGN-TV||none/5||Glendive, Montana||Marks Radio Group||CBS (primary) / NBC (secondary)||Removed, formerly aired during the overnight hours|
|KXII-DT2||none/12.2||Sherman, Texas||Gray Television||MyNetworkTV||Formerly carried as a secondary affiliation, removed|
|KXPX-CA||14/none||Corpus Christi, Texas||GH Broadcasting||Retro Television Network||Former affiliate, replaced with Retro Television Network|
|WONS-LP||25/none||Olean, New York||Choice Television||America One||Primary affiliation after 2006. The station became WVTT-CA in 2012.|
|W43BR||43/none||Baraboo, Wisconsin||Baraboo Broadcasting||America One||Former TSC/America One dual-affiliate, now full-time America One affiliate|
- Sportsman Channel (Canadian TV channel)
- Pursuit Channel
- NBCSN - general sports network that originated as the Outdoor Life Network (OLN), in association with Outdoor Life magazine
- Outdoor Channel
- Seidman, Robert (February 22, 2015). "List of how many homes each cable network is in as of February 2015". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Archived from the original on February 23, 2015. Retrieved March 14, 2015.
- "New Berlin's Sportsman Channel sold - Founders will keep posts at cable TV company". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. June 5, 2007. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- Gelman, Vlada. "Willy Burkhardt Named President of Sportsman Channel". TVWeek.com. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- Reynolds, Mike (September 28, 2009). "Sportsman Channel Casts 100 Shows In Q4". Multichannel News. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- Reynolds, Mike (January 19, 2010). "Sportsman Channel Goes HD On Jan. 25 - Expects To Name Initial Affiliates Later This Quarter". Multichannel News. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- Reynolds, Mike (February 11, 2010). "Sportsman Channel Rolls Out On Dish Network On America's Top 250 Package - DBS Provider Is Charter Affiliate For Sportsman Channel HD". Multichannel News. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- Barrett, Larry (January 15, 2009). "DirecTV Picks Up Sportsman Channel - Can Be Found on DirecTV Channel 605 on Jan. 21". Multichannel News.
- Piazza, Jo (16 August 2010). "Hunting, Fishing and 'Danger Job' Shows...Cable TV". Fox News Entertainment.