Pabna University of Science & Technology
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
পাবনা বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. M. Rostom Ali|
|Campus||Urban, 30 acres|
Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST) (Bengali: পাবনা বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) is a public university in Bangladesh. PUST was established in 2008; it started its four-year undergraduate programme in 2009.
- 1 History
- 2 Campus
- 3 Administration
- 4 Faculty and departments
- 5 Academic programs
- 6 Institute
- 7 Central Library and Information Center
- 8 Cafeteria
- 9 Independence Square
- 10 Halls of residence
- 11 Organizations and association
- 12 Publications
- 13 Facilities
- 14 Extracurricular activities
- 15 Photo gallery
- 16 References
- 17 External links
The government passed an act on 15 July 2001 to establish a science and technology university in Pabna. Pabna is a central district town in northern Bangladesh, having a long historical and cultural heritage. The academic curriculum of Pabna University of Science and Technology was started on 15 July 2008. This university plays an innovative role in providing need-based higher education, training, and research. The university is committed to maintaining and raising the quality and standard of higher education for the students as in international standards. This practical and need-based curricula will produce highly qualified trained scientists and technologists for the needs of Bangladesh as well as the world employment market.
The university offers education in science- and technology-based subjects for undergraduate and postgraduate levels. This university will occupies an area of about 30 acres, with a number of multi-storied buildings.
Pabna University of Science & Technology is on the south side of Pabna Dhaka highway. The PUST campus has an area of 30 acres.
Many visitors come to visit its Independence Square. The memorial stands in front of PUST Cafeteria. Cultural organisations arrange programs on the premises on local and national occasions.
- Chancellor: Abdul Hamid, President of Bangladesh
- Vice-Chancellor: Professor Dr. M. Rostom Ali
- Pro Vice-Chancellor: Prof. Dr. Md. Anwarul Islam
- Registrar: Bijon Kumar Brahma (additional)
- Proctor: Pretam Kumar Das
- Student Advisor: Hasebur Rahman
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology: Saiful Islam
- Faculty of Science: Khairul Alam
- Faculty of Business Studies: Amirul Islam
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Science: Abdul Alim
- Faculty of Life and Earth Science: Al-Nakib Chowdhury
Faculty and departments
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Department of Civil Engineering (CE); chairman: Tahmina Tasnim Nahar
- Department of Architecture (Arch.)
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Department of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering(ETE)
- Department of Information and Communication Engineering(ICE)
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Business Studies
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
- Faculty of Life and Earth Science
- Department of Geography and Environment (GE)
- BSc (Engineering)
- B. Arch.
- B. URP
- BSc (Honours)
- B. B. A.
- B. A. (Honours)
- B. S. S. (Honours)
- B. Pharm. (Professional)
- MSc Engineering, M. Engineering, M. Phil, PhD and other higher degrees
Admission and total seats
In 20 departments there are 880 seats available for undergraduate admission.
At PUST, additional seats are reserved for the students under the categories of son/daughter/grandson/granddaughter of Freedom Fighter, Tribal and Disabled. For these reserved seats, a student needs to provide their related certificate to authority. Once the certificate is received in the mentioned period, after verification, the student will be considered for the reserved seats
The academic year consists of two semesters. Academic courses are based on a credit system. The grading system:
|Class Interval||Letter Grade||Grade Point|
- Institute of Modern Language
Central Library and Information Center
The Central Library & Information Center of Pabna University of Science & Technology is basically designed to serve the need of its students, faculty, officers and researchers. It carries out activities to support academic and research endeavours and to promote a better understanding of the policies, curriculum and culture of the university.
Halls of residence
Pabna University of Science and Technology provides residence facilities to its students.
Male residential hall
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman hall
Female residential hall
- Sheikh Hasina hall
There are two dormitories for teachers.
Organizations and association
- Youth Alliance-YA
- PUST Debating Society (PUSTds)
- CSE Programming Club
- ICE Programming Club
- Pharmacy Association of PUST
- Science Club
- Debate Club
- Drama Club
- Cultural Club
- Blood Donate Club of PUST
- Sports Club
- Career Club
- অনিরুদ্ধ নাট্য দল
- Bangladesh Chhatra League (বাংলাদেশ ছাত্রলীগ)
- Bangladesh Jatiotabadi Chatra Dal (বাংলাদেশ জাতীয়তাবাদী ছাত্রদল)
- Youth Alliance
- HOPE (Helping Other People Everyday)
- নতুন সূর্যোদয়
- আগামীর সূর্য।
- Engineering Student's Association of Bangladesh (ESAB)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronnics Engineers (IEEE)
- Bangladesh Students Council (BSC)
- পাবনা বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় বার্তা
- বিজয়োল্লাসে নবমী
The medical centre of PUST is on the ground floor of the administrative building. It offers free medical services to students, teachers, staff (and family members of the teachers and staff).
The university is five hours by bus from Dhaka, the capital. PUST has its own buses which operate in the morning and evening for students who live off campus. The buses cover the major roads and areas of Pabna city, especially the traffic more, ananta bazar, terminal, meril bipuss, singa bipuss, and gachpara. Sometimes, they cover court and chadmari more.
Sports and entertainment
The university provides facilities for football, hockey, cricket, volleyball, basketball, table tennis etc. The students play tennis, badminton and other games as well. Sports meets and games competitions are features of campus life. The students arrange debate, cultural show, indoor games competition, etc.
The students participate in sports for recreation and the finest athletes regularly compete in inter-university games like football, handball, volleyball, basketball etc. PUST has some varsity teams. Students organise inter-department and inter-university tournaments for popular games every year. Girls and teachers participate in several games.