Pabna University of Science & Technology
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
পাবনা বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. M. Rostom Ali|
|Campus||Urban, 30 acres|
Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST) (Bengali: পাবনা বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) is a public university in Bangladesh. PUST was established in 2008; it started its four-year undergraduate programme in 2009.
The government passed an act on 15 July 2001 to establish a science and technology university in Pabna. Pabna is a central district town in northern Bangladesh, having a long historical and cultural heritage. The academic curriculum of Pabna University of Science and Technology was started on 15 July 2008. This university plays an innovative role in providing need-based higher education, training, and research. The university is committed to maintaining and raising the quality and standard of higher education for the students as in international standards. This practical and need-based curricula will produce highly qualified trained scientists and technologists for the needs of Bangladesh as well as the world employment market.
The university offers education in science- and technology-based subjects for undergraduate and postgraduate levels. This university will occupies an area of about 30 acres, with a number of multi-storied buildings.
Pabna University of Science & Technology is on the south side of Pabna Dhaka highway. The PUST campus has an area of 30 acres.
- Chancellor: Abdul Hamid, President of Bangladesh
- Vice-Chancellor: Professor Dr. M. Rostom Ali
- Pro Vice-Chancellor: Prof. Dr. Md. Anwarul Islam
- Registrar: Bijon Kumar Brahma (additional)
- Proctor: Pretam Kumar Das
- Student Advisor: Md. Mahmudul Hasan
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology: Dr. Sheikh Rashel Al Ahmed
- Faculty of Science: Dr. Md. Fazlul Hoque
- Faculty of Business Studies: Dr. Md. Mushfiqur Rahman
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Science: Dr. Mir Khaled Iqbal Chowdhury
- Faculty of Life and Earth Science: Dr. Md. Khairul Alam
Faculty and departments
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering(EECE);
- Department of Civil Engineering (CE);
- Department of Architecture (Arch.)
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Department of Information and Communication Engineering(ICE)
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Business Studies
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of History & Bangladesh Studies (HBS)
- Department of Bengali
- Department of English
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Public Administration
- Faculty of Life and Earth Science
- Department of Geography and Environment (GE)
- B.Sc. (Engineering)
- B. Arch.
- B. URP
- B.Sc. (Honours)
- B. B. A.
- B. A. (Honours)
- B. S. S. (Honours)
- B. Pharm. (Professional)
- MSc Engineering, M. Engineering, M. Phil, PhD and other higher degrees
Admission and total seats
In 21 departments there are 920 seats available for undergraduate admission.
At PUST, additional seats are reserved for the students under the categories of son/daughter/grandson/granddaughter of Freedom Fighter, Tribal and Disabled. For these reserved seats, a student needs to provide their related certificate to authority. Once the certificate is received in the mentioned period, after verification, the student will be considered for the reserved seats
The academic year consists of two semesters. Academic courses are based on a credit system. The grading system:
|Class Interval||Letter Grade||Grade Point|
- Institute of Modern Language
Central Library and Information Center
The Central Library & Information Center of Pabna University of Science & Technology is basically designed to serve the need of its students, faculty, officers and researchers. It carries out activities to support academic and research endeavours and to promote a better understanding of the policies, curriculum and culture of the university.
Visitors come to visit Independence Square.The memorial stands in front of PUST Cafeteria. Cultural organisations arrange programs on the premises on local and national occasions.
Halls of residence
Pabna University of Science and Technology provides residence facilities to its students.
Male residential hall
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman hall
Female residential hall
- Sheikh Hasina hall
There are two dormitories for teachers.
Organizations and association
- অনিরুদ্ধ নাট্যদল
- PUST Debating Society (PUSTds)
- CSE Programming Club
- ICE Programming Club
- Pharmacy Association of PUST
- Science Club
- Debate Club
- Cultural Club
- Blood Donate Club of PUST
- Sports Club
- Career Club
- Bangladesh Chhatra League (বাংলাদেশ ছাত্রলীগ)
- Youth Alliance
- HOPE (Helping Other People Everyday)
- নতুন সূর্যোদয়
- আগামীর সূর্য।
- Engineering Student's Association of Bangladesh (ESAB)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Bangladesh Students Council (BSC)
- পাবনা বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় বার্তা
- বিজয়োল্লাসে নবমী
The medical centre of PUST is on the ground floor of the administrative building. It offers free medical services to students, teachers, staff (and family members of the teachers and staff).
The university is five hours by bus from Dhaka, the capital. The University provides a good transport facility both for students and teachers. All over Pabna town three micro-buses and one mini-bus provides service to our faculties from 8AM to 6PM. For students there are two double decker buses and two mini-bus. These buses run at three different times around Pabna town during the day as scheduled by the authority. They help the students to be in class in due time . The buses cover the major roads and areas of Pabna city, especially the traffic more, ananta bazar, terminal, meril bipuss, singa bipuss, and gachpara. Sometimes, they cover court and chadmari more.
Sports and entertainment
The university provides facilities for football, hockey, cricket, volleyball, basketball, table tennis etc. The students play tennis, badminton and other games as well. Sports meets and games competitions are features of campus life. The students arrange debate, cultural show, indoor games competition, etc.
Central Library of PUST
PUST library The Central Library & Information Center of Pabna University of Science & Technology is basically designed to serve the actual need of its students, faculty, officers and researchers. It carries out a variety of activities to support the academic and research endeavor and to promote a better understanding of the policies, curriculum and culture of the University.
Pabna University of Science and Technology provides residence facility to the male and female students, and also provide some indirect facilities to others. There are one hall for male students and one hall for female students .
The students participate in sports for recreation and the finest athletes regularly compete in inter-university games like football, handball, volleyball, basketball etc. PUST has some varsity teams. Students organise inter-department and inter-university tournaments for popular games every year. Girls and teachers participate in several games.