Primeval (audio drama)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Primeval (Doctor Who audio))
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Written by||Lance Parkin|
|Directed by||Gary Russell|
|Produced by||Gary Russell
|Executive producer(s)||Jacqueline Rayner|
|Length||1 hr 47 mins|
|Release date||November 2001|
When Nyssa's psychic abilities threaten her life, the Doctor takes her to ancient Traken. Will Nyssa be healed, or does the Doctor's arrival threaten Traken and its Source?
- The Doctor — Peter Davison
- Nyssa — Sarah Sutton
- Shayla — Susan Penhaligon
- Sabian — Ian Hallard
- Kwundaar — Stephen Greif
- Janneus — Rita Davies
- Hyrca — Mark Woolgar
- Etrayk — Alistair Lock
- Anona — Romy Tennant
- Narthex — Billy Miller
- References are made to several events from other stories that take place shortly before this one in story chronology, including Nyssa learning the Charleston in Black Orchid, the Doctor losing his sonic screwdriver in The Visitation, the death of Adric in Earthshock and Tegan coping with visiting her own planet's past in such stories as The Visitation and Time-Flight.
- Nyssa's display of latent psychic abilities in Time-Flight and the audio play Winter for the Adept is explained as a plot point, along with Nyssa's sudden collapse (ostensibly from exhaustion) at the end of Four to Doomsday, which necessitated her spending most of Kinda asleep in the TARDIS.
- Much of the story is based on the setting of the world of Traken as laid out in the serial The Keeper of Traken. Many of the same settings are re-used: the Consuls' chamber, the Source chamber, and the Grove.