|Developed by||Ubisoft Motion Pictures|
|Voices of||Damien Laquet|
|Composer(s)||La Belle Equipe|
|Country of origin||United States
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||69 (150 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jean-Julien Baronnet
Didier Lupfer (season 2)
Damien Leyris (season 2)
Ruben Berissi (season 3)
|Running time||approx. 24 minutes (3 7-minute segments)|
|Production company(s)||Ubisoft Motion Pictures
|Original network||Nickelodeon (2013–16)
Nicktoons (2015–present) France 3 (France)
|Original release||August 3, 2013– present|
Rabbids Invasion is a French/American animated television series which premiered on August 3, 2013, on Nickelodeon. It was produced by Ubisoft Motion Pictures, TeamTO, France Télévisions and Nickelodeon Productions. The show is based on the Raving Rabbids video game series produced by Ubisoft.
- Damien Laquet as the Rabbids
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||August 3, 2013||December 6, 2014|
|2||26||October 11, 2014||June 14, 2016|
|3||26||June 21, 2016||TBA|
In October 2010, Ubisoft and Aardman announced a partnership to produce a TV series pilot and several shorts based on the franchise. One year later, it was announced that 78 7-minute CG animated episodes would be made solely by Ubisoft Motion Pictures, and broadcast as 26 half-hour episodes by Nickelodeon on August 17, 2013. On July 12, 2013, it was announced the series would premiere on Nickelodeon on August 3, 2013. On December 17, 2013, Nickelodeon renewed the show for a second season of 26 half-hour blocks, with three episodes per block. On June 16, 2015, Nickelodeon renewed the show for a third season.
Emily Ashby of Common Sense Media gave the show two out of five stars, stating:
Rabbids Invasion tones down the violence for the characters' jump from gaming to the TV, but they still have a lot of fun at the expense of each other and of unsuspecting bystanders, and a lot of their antics would be frowned upon in the real world (using chickens' butts as egg shooters in a mock battle, for instance). Ultimately, though, it's rude, crude, and minimally taxing on viewers' sense of comprehension, so for better or worse, it's bound to appeal to the grade-school set.
The series airs on France 3 in France, on YTV in Canada and on Nickelodeon in the United States and the rest of the world. It premiered in the United Kingdom and Ireland on February 3, 2014. In Australia and New Zealand it premiered on January 28, 2014.
|Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show|
Artwork for the PlayStation 4
|Release date(s)||November 18, 2014|
On E3 2013, it was announced that Rabbids Invasion would be adapted into an interactive TV series, titled Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show. The game, which would combine existing television episodes with a series of mini challenges, was released on Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 4 in November 2014. Kinect or PlayStation Camera is required.
- "Rabbids Invasion: Debut Date Announced and Trailer Revealed". IGN. July 12, 2013. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- Ubisoft & Aardman to Create Pilot for Animated Television Show Based on Raving Rabbids, IGN
- Keslassy, Elsa (October 6, 2011). "Nick licenses 'Raving Rabbids'". Variety. Retrieved October 6, 2011.
- "'Rabbids Invasion' Renewed by Nickelodeon for Second Season". TVbytheNumbers. 2013-12-17. Retrieved 2015-06-19.
- Elsa Keslassy. "French Toon Studio TeamTO Sells 'YellowBird' to Universal". Variety. Retrieved 2015-06-19.
- Emily Ashby. "Rabbids Invasion – Television Review". Commonsensemedia.org. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- Martin, Liam (January 14, 2014). "Rabbids Invasion coming to UK in February". digitalspy.com. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- Knox, David (December 4, 2013). "Foxtel: Summer highlights for kids". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- "Ubisoft® Makes Interactive TV A Reality With Creation Of Rabbids® Invasion The Interactive TV Show" (Press release). Ubisoft. June 10, 2013. Retrieved June 15, 2014.
- Anne Lewis (9 June 2013). "Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show coming this year". Ubisoft. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Official website at Ubisoft
- Official website at Nickelodeon
- Rabbids Invasion at the Internet Movie Database
- Rabbids Invasion at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- Rabbids Invasion at TV.com