|Directed by||Chris Appelhans|
|Produced by||Chris Bremble|
|Screenplay by||Jacquelyn Mitchard|
|Story by||Chris Appelhans|
|Music by||Heitor Pereira|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing|
|November 6, 2020|
Wish Dragon is an upcoming computer-animated comedy film written and directed by Sandro Corsaro and David Soren and co-written and co-directed by Chris Appelhans. Produced by Sony Pictures Animation, Base FX and the Flagship Entertainment Group, the film will star Jackie Chan (who is also producing the film), Constance Wu, John Cho, Will Yun Lee, Jimmy Wong, and Bobby Lee. Jackie Chan's company, Sparkle Roll Media, will be a producer and co-investor in the film. Chan will voice characters in the Chinese and English releases of the film.
The film is set to be released On November 6, 2020 by Sony Pictures Releasing in both China and the United States.
The story is "a genie-in-a-bottle retelling set in contemporary China", based on an original story by Chris Appelhans (who will also direct the film). "The modern-day fairy tale picks up the moral challenges that emerge from the encounter between a boy and a dragon who is able to make wishes come true."
- Jackie Chan as Pipa God
- Constance Wu as Mom
- John Cho as Long
- Natasha Liu Bordizzo as Li Na
- Will Yun Lee as Mr. Wong
- Jimmy O. Yang as Small Goon
- Jimmy Wong as Din
- Bobby Lee as Tall Goon
Wish Dragon is the first film created by Base Animation, a new animation studio that is part of the VFX firm BaseFX. The goal of the film and the Base Animation studio is to "make world class animation in China for China… and the world". Director Applehans "wanted the film made in China, with a strong Mainland China creative team, an international cast of talent, and a focus on the hopes and dreams of contemporary China." On November 17, 2019 It got a release date for November 6, 2020 replacing vivo’s Old release date.
Wish Dragon was initially scheduled to be released on July 26, 2019 in China, but at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival it was confirmed that it was delayed to 2020. On November 17, 2019 It’s officially got a release date for November 6, 2020.
- "Jackie Chan, China’s BaseFX Making ‘Wish Dragon’ for Sony Animation", Variety, Patrick Frater, April 23, 2018
- N'Duka, Amanda (April 17, 2018). "Jackie Chan, Constance Wu & More Join The Sony/China Co-Produced Animated Film 'Wish Dragon'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- "Sony Pictures Animation To Release ‘Wish Dragon’", Cartoon Brew, Amid Amidi, April 18, 2018
- Cast list as per April 23, 2018 Variety article
- "Sony Pictures Animation Links to Tencent, Sets New ‘Boondocks,’ Tartakovsky Duo", Variety, John Hopewell, June 12, 2019
|This article related to a Chinese film of the 2020s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|